What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

This script has eyewitnesses that includes 1 former PLAAF General. And it goes beyond F-16s but that is a really unethical if funny story on how much US hardware was sent to China.
I didn't say it didn't happen, I was saying this helps to change the big lie of "J-10 = Lavi copy" into "J-10 = F-16 copy", isn't that what you're implying?

I didn't say it didn't happen, I was saying this helps to change the big lie of "J-10 = Lavi copy" into "J-10 = F-16 copy", more convincing right?
I didn’t say it was a copy - however taking design elements such as airframe, hud design, systems and so on into the J-10 would make logical sense. If it helped solve problems which the design team was facing then why not?
There is some truth to the Lavi to J-10 story but it isn’t the “copy” aspect. There were design notes exchanged which did result in the strong resemblance. It is the same as saying the JF-17 is the mig-33 which it isn’t but design notes were brought in. The F-7G cranked delta began its life as a rough sketch by a Grumman engineer for the super-7 project.

A copy is the PL-8 missile straight from the Python-3 with little changes initially.

I more or less said the exact same earlier today...
In addition to what I mentioned, MoD allocating budget for a 3rd carrier plays a crucial factor which will make IN consider F-18s for equipping the carrier with EMALS. As of now, IN & MoD made the call to redirect that budget for building submarines instead. There are some recent reports that MoD is considering another carrier but nothing concrete yet and even if it does, the naval design bureau should start something new altogether like a 65k+ ton carrier which'll take considerably longer for the design review and then the fact of selecting an entirely new fighter. Though IN is significantly better than the other two arms when it comes to selection, negotiations and closing the deals...it'll still take a ton of time. I'd rather want IN to focus and allocate resources/funds to TEDBF over opting any foreign fighter

In addition to what I mentioned, MoD allocating budget for a 3rd carrier plays a crucial factor which will make IN consider F-18s for equipping the carrier with EMALS. As of now, IN & MoD made the call to redirect that budget for building submarines instead. There are some recent reports that MoD is considering another carrier but nothing concrete yet and even if it does, the naval design bureau should start something new altogether like a 65k+ ton carrier which'll take considerably longer for the design review and then the fact of selecting an entirely new fighter. Though IN is significantly better than the other two arms when it comes to selection, negotiations and closing the deals...it'll still take a ton of time. I'd rather want IN to focus and allocate resources/funds to TEDBF over opting any foreign fighter
Eventually those Ks will become a burden - the In is better placed to focus on a F-18/ TEDBF mix.
there is inherent knowledge in the GE-404 platform that the HAL/IAF is familiar with and would reduce the maturity curve climb.

I didn’t say it was a copy - however taking design elements such as airframe, hud design, systems and so on into the J-10 would make logical sense. If it helped solve problems which the design team was facing then why not?
There is some truth to the Lavi to J-10 story but it isn’t the “copy” aspect. There were design notes exchanged which did result in the strong resemblance. It is the same as saying the JF-17 is the mig-33 which it isn’t but design notes were brought in. The F-7G cranked delta began its life as a rough sketch by a Grumman engineer for the super-7 project.

A copy is the PL-8 missile straight from the Python-3 with little changes initially.
True, unless relationship is completely hostile exchanging design notes is common in the business world especially when sensitive data are not involved, designers in the west do compare notes with western counterparts don't they? I'm sure no westerners will not describe that as "copying". On topic CAC designer started J-9 (predecessor of J-10) with delta canard design (one variant with under-fuselage air take like F-16 which first flew in 1974), even put up with prototypes in late 1960's, way before Lavi or Rafale of Tyhoon hit the drawing board, but like you have mentioned I guess CAC also welcome exchanging design notes with foreign designers especially those interested in delta canard design.

A copy is the B-2 jet which steals the shape of Nazi Ho299. PL-8 was exactly Python-3 knockdown kits (CKD production) shipped from Israel then assembled in China under a PLAAF code, what "copy" let alone "little changes"? After the 1st batch done then began the import replacement process until 100% components come from domestic supply chain.

Last edited:
You raise valid points. Just like the cjcsc post automatically goes to the army. It needs to be made rotational. The ispr spokesperson should be a junior officer. A maj gen should have better things to do than to address the news media.

Zionists got a lot of nerve calling it their technology. It was US funded project, in collaboration with US firms. US shut it down because it was US tax payer money illegally being used to create a competitor to the US fighters. China has taken the basic design a lot further and with improvements to hardware etc. It is not a lavi anymore.
Isreali engineers did a lot of work on Lavi themselves; funding was a lot from the proxies in US to get the funding. There was deeper collaboration with Atlas in SA at the same time; the wind tunnel tests were done here at Altas and early models were put here. Lavi blueprints form the basis of J10; it definitely did evolve from that point to suit the local requirement and constraints placed in terms of materials available to build J10 overall.
To say this was from J9 is a folly; the best fighter at the time they would put together was J8 from which J9 was evolving. To leap forward into a highly complex design such as J10; Lavi knowledge transfer was pivitol.

Last edited:
F-18/ TEDBF mix
A mix will further complicate the already strained logistics...not to mention the nightmare of training, setup new facilities & accommodations, stretched budgets and the complexity of operating multiple platforms from various countries and integrating them

A mix will further complicate the already strained logistics...not to mention the nightmare of training, setup new facilities & accommodations, stretched budgets and the complexity of operating multiple platforms from various countries and integrating them
Its either that or the Rafale since the platform diversity has actually shown its handicap from an operational standpoint.

yes he said "this is also an exercise in capacity building"

"so it's not an extra ordinary development i would say ..."

and then he said:
"i really can't confirm anything to you on that account but yes this is a step to upgrade our airforce fleet and get the best possible technology available.... because i know what kind technology is acquired on other side ..."
He didn't confirm the number when a journalist asked if the news of 25 J-10C flypass on 23rd March is true.

1641414458452.png

The idea that Russia could quietly sell those recently manufactured Su-35s to Pakistan and tell the US they're just PLAAF J-16s on exercise is, without doubt, the best theory that will never come true.

I'm just laying it out here for the YouTubers to eat up.

Come pidgies. Eat. And tell @Deino what you've heard.

View attachment 805983

@kursed @JamD @SQ8
Russian Su35 fuselage and engine + Chinese electronics, avionics rebranded as J-16CP :cheesy::omghaha:

I know but it's highly unlikely.

Yes,
Try weibo and see the Chinese bragging about how rich they are and how they are "Giving out J-10c " to a bigger Pakistan.
Whatever happened to Chinese young generation.

you're basing your info off of random posts on the internet?

or are you claiming that in every other country on earth, there are no trolls on the internet?

Yes,
Try weibo and see the Chinese bragging about how rich they are and how they are "Giving out J-10c " to a bigger Pakistan.
Whatever happened to Chinese young generation.

It is more like arrogant Americans than Chinese.
Can you show me the weibo link?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom