What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

We already have 75 F16s, from them 18 are block 52s, we have Jf17s and now Jf17 Block 3s are coming. 250 Jf17s + 75 F16s + 75 Mirages. These 3 platforms should be enough to counter IAF until 2030 when a 5th generation J35/J20/TFX arrived, the billions spent on J10C could have been invested in to J35s.

I assume paf wanted an offensive platform and they had their eyes on f16s block 70s but since that is not possible and Jf17 is defensive jet (less payload, weapons, range etc) so J10C was the best available option. You can use it as a offensive asset and use it for the navy to replace the Mirage. Eurofighter Typhoon was my choice for a 4.5th generation offensive asset.

253 Jf17s
75 f16s
72 J10C

400 4th + 4.5th generation jets till 2035.

Pakistan Naval fighter jet range area.

Screenshot_20211230-002830_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
He was probably on about JF17 block 3. It will be ready by 23rd March and Inducted šŸ˜„

He mentioned in the interview back in 2019 that Pakistan is getting J-10. PAF must have started negotiating for it in 2018.

Congrats on arrival of J10 Birds , too bad the J10 threads have been deleted they had epic number of pages

The vision sought from Musharaf Sahib has become reality we will get the J10 as planned for arrival in 2014, will arrive in 2022

Seemingly inevitable due to economic pressures on the country together with the reluctance of the US to sell any other systems and to subject them to stringent conditions even if they did. Though I think I'll wait for a better source for now - when it comes to public pronouncements in Pakistani politics and media, anything is possible (who remembers the car that supposedly ran on water a few years back?).

First direct and official confirmation of J10C induction by PAF.

watch after 6.00

Though the news source was posted by someone in New PAF fighter plane doctrine earlier today but I believe , the news itself deserved a new thread since there still have been an ambiguity about J10C induction into PAF until now.

Sheikh Rasheed always been a big mouth but nevertheless he is an interior minister of Pakistan right now. No joke!
special tagging @Zarvan : d
This is what the Interior Minister Shaikh Rasheed said in comments lasting 37 seconds:

Meh aap ka shukriya ada karta hun aur sari qaum ko yakeen dilana chahta hun.
Batain log kar rahay hain.
23 March ki meh nay un say request ki hai, kay 30 March kar dain, kyu kay bohot VIP guest ah rahay hain.
Aur, pehli dafa Pakistan meh JS-10 ki flying past ho rahi hai.
Rafale kay muqablay meh Pakistan Air Force jo hai, flying past karnay lagi hai JS-10 Cheen kay jahaaz say.
Yeh Rafale kay torr meh hum nay, JS-10 jo hai, wo aik poora 25 ka squadron flying past karay ga.
Aur, hum apnay diffa say bi ghafil nahi. Hamari azeem afwaaj hai.

Congratulations my fellow PDFers. What a great way to end the year eh?

I must say that to me getting more F-16s made more sense than J-10 purely from the logistical point of view. But I am no expert. And once HQ9P was acquired by the army rather than the airforce I had a strong suspicion that we may get J-10. The only logical use of the funds saved by airforce would be to acquire a new Jet. And J-10 just made sense. It mates very well with everything we have now, the backbone fighter JF-17, the SAM HQ9P, and the Chinese AWACS.

The squadron that J-10 is going into was a strike squadron. Which tells a lot about PAFs changing doctrine from mostly defensive to perhaps a touch of offensive. Definitely more offensive than before.

PAF was never a walkover, but now its going to be a pain in the rear for IAF.

Soon we might just hear: "Agar Eph Thirty Phyep Hota" :D

Pakistan's defence future lies in integration with China. In the longer term, a Chinese jet, whatever its limitations compared to Western counterparts may be, will be better from that perspective. A future acquisition of a Fifth Gen fighter will likely be a Chinese one and anything coming out of Project AZM will likely either be a joint effort between the two countries or have strong Chinese input.

There is a question as to whether it would be better for Pakistan to have prolonged this purchase and instead purchased a more advance platform closer to the 2030s. I will leave the technical merits of that discussion up to the experts here, but there is certainly an urgency with the belligerency of Modi's India, the acquisition of the s-400 and the general modernization drive happening in the Indian military.

The news was going round for some time...
This is reported in july by defenseworld.com

That also means JF-17 Block 3 lags is some aspects. It is not getting RD-93MA which shall give JF-17 Block 3 more TWI, combat range, and increased payload.

Once RD-93MA is ready, JF-17 with some redesigning of airframe would be a much respected 4.5 gen fighter.

China Could Hand Over 36 J-10C Jets to Pakistan in 2021
MoD
Pakistan will reportedly receive 36 Chengdu J-10C multirole fighters from China by the end of this year.
On Monday, House for Strategic & International Affairs (HSIA) posted on Twitter, ā€œPakistan is set to receive 36 J-10C semi-stealth, 4.5 gen advanced fighter Jets from China by the end of 2021.ā€
The information has not been confirmed by the defense ministries of China or Pakistan.
As per 2020 reports, high-level government officials from Islamabad were in Talks with China over the procurement of PL-10 and PL-15 missiles, as well as J-10 jets that are often compared with the American F-16s.
During Shaheen-9 joint air exercises held in January 2021 which saw participation of these two countries, Chinaā€™s J-10C and J-11B fighters simulated India's Rafale and Su-30 jets respectively in mock battles. Air Forces from both sides focused on ā€œlarge scale confrontation, including large scale aerial battles and use of forces in mass and close-quarters aerial support.ā€ More than 200 sorties were conducted by both sides, to boost combat capabilities in learning from each other.

Beijing has been trying to hardsell its J-10C and J-11B fighters to Pakistan whose air force has shown preference for the latest version of the F-16 jets. A Chinese expert told state media after Shaheen-9 that many aspects of the J-10C mid-sized fighter jet, including the size, aerodynamic characteristics, aviation, weapon systems and overall combat capability are comparable to the Indian Air Force (IAF)ā€™s Rafale.

Powered by a Russian engine (Lyulka Saturn AL-31FN) giving it a maximum static thrust of approximately 123 kN, the single-engine tail-less canard delta wing J-10C features fly-by-wire flight controls and sports an AESA fire control radar. It is made of composite materials for high strength and lower weight. China has developed a brand new engine, WS-10, to replace the Russian ones.
The aircraft's internal armament consists of a Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23 twin-barrel cannon, located underneath the port side of the intake. Other weaponry and equipment is mounted externally on 11 hardpoints, to which 6,000 kg of either missiles and bombs, drop-tanks containing fuel, or other equipment such as avionics pods can be attached.

Air-to-air missiles deployed may include short-range air-to-air missiles such as the PL-8 and PL-10, medium-range radar-guided air-to-air missiles such as the PL-12 and PL-15, unguided and precision guided munitions such as laser-guided bombs, air-to-surface missile such as KD-88, anti-ship missiles such as the YJ-91A and anti-radiation missiles such as the YJ-91.

Hi,

The JF-17 BLK 3 DOES NOT lag in anything---. But it has to go thru the INTEGRATION PROCESS---pilot training---which is time consuming.

That is the reason J10's have been procured---. The J10's weapons systems have already been integrated---the first batch of pilots already trained---and in the meantime the JF17 BLK 3 gets integrated with its advance technology package which will take sometime.

Major weapons procurement is a very ling process---. On this very forum some 5 plus years ago i stated about PAF getting the J10's.

Many stated that it would never happen---and now you have the answer---.

I had also stated that Pak military does not go beyond the technology curve to get something just to show it off that they have it.

In years to come---there will be another major surprise to come---a few of you stated that would never happen---and it will happen. By that time it will not be a surprise---.
J-11B was pitched to PAF as well. I think PAF is happy with the capability of J-10C's engine and it's bvr. Especially after the news that PLAAF has removed flankers from Taiwan zone and have places J-10s

J-11 or a similar flanker.

Hi,

You are mis-informed---paf was a part of the development of the J10 for what it is today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom