What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Rumour this J-10C for PAF maybe from existing stock of PLAAF given the urgency of the order.
Clearly PAF knows that IAF is getting Rafale, and the J-10C deal must been settled years ago. There is plenty time for the manufacturing.

Personally I am doubtful about both.
Apart from Sheikh Rasheed remarks, no other source has said it so far.
The August First acrobatic Display team J10Y has only 12 aircraft in total. It just does not match the 25 aircraft that were supposed to participate in the flyby display.

Also Chinese brigades are divided into a flight of 4 aircraft or a multiple of 4, i.e. 8 aircraft, 16 aircraft and 24 aircraft, 28 aircraft etc. And it is next to impossible for China to send a whole brigade of their J10C to Pakistan to participate for flyby display.

The information comes from the military channel of Hong Kong Phoenix Network in May 2021.

My information usually comes from Chinese media, not internal information of PLA. I can't guarantee the correctness of the information.

View attachment 815338
My interpretation would be 又一批次歼-10C亮相,产量直逼700架 =
“Another J10C production batch appeared, production numbers close to 700 aircraft."

It is not clear that the 700 referred to all J10A/B/C/S/Y or just J10C.

Considering the smaller numbers made in earlier batches of J10C, to the increasingly larger numbers in batch 7 and 8, it still does not add up to 700 J10C in total.

A rational deduction would be 700 total for all variants of J10

Really? could you please share this image showing no. 171??

By my information Batch 01 was the J-10C and the first J-10C batch was in fact Batch 02 with cn. 0275 being the highest number spotted.

So indeed, that Batch 02 was substantially (76 ac) larger but from all I know and based on the number of units converted it fits quite nicely, the regular size is about 40 per batch, so that there are now 76 Batch 02 plus 40 each within Batch 03-07 (=5x 40 = 200) ... so roughly 270+ J-10C, but surely not 700.

IMO clearly wrong and faked!
I have the pictures of the first batch No. 51 J10C here.
Now I go to the forum I used to browse to find the pictures of No. 71. I didn't save it at that time.
One moment please.

IMG_20220214_155834.jpg

The August First acrobatic Display team J10Y has only 12 aircraft in total. It just does not match the 25 aircraft that were supposed to participate in the flyby display.

Also Chinese brigades are divided into a flight of 4 aircraft or a multiple of 4, i.e. 8 aircraft, 16 aircraft and 24 aircraft, 28 aircraft etc. And it is next to impossible for China to send a whole brigade of their J10C to Pakistan to participate for flyby display.
As far as I know, there are five additional aircraft in each PLAAF aviation regimental.

Last edited:
I have the pictures of the first batch No. 51 J10C here.
Now I go to the forum I used to browse to find the pictures of No. 71. I didn't save it at that time.
One moment please.

View attachment 815353

As far as I know, there are five additional aircraft in each PLAAF aviation regimental.

Thanks a lot, but as I noted, no. 151 is a J-10B from Batch 01 ... however here is J-10C no. 0275 so I expect there are at least 76 J-10C in this batch.

1644826949823.png

More Than This.
From 2004 to 2015, only 308 J10A&J10S were manufactured in 11 years.
J10C has manufactured 700 aircraft in six years from 2015 to 2021. That shows that PLA is satisfied with J10C performance.

But according to Wikipedia (which I know is not a good source but still) total of 488+ J-10 (all versions) were produced till 2020. Your estimate put the total number around 1000.

Edit : ok I read the later posts.

Last edited:
In my opinion, extra payloads could significantly reduce flying range of the plane.
Their safety could be watched by local air divisions from both sides.
Agreed. Additionally fighters on delivery flights do not carry arms. Flight routes will be planned in advance and notifications issued. Normally previously F7s have been delivered by ship but now , it remains to be-seen.
A

12 new JF17B3s were rolled by by dec 2021. By EOY 2022 we should easily produce another 24. So total being roughly around 30 JF17B3s and 25 J10C minimum will be received by the PAF in 2022. We should fully phase out the F7s by EOY.

ROSE Mirages will only remain as dedicated strike fighters/anti ship missile carriers. Similar to IAF jaguars.
Production projections are for 12 aircrafts per year so expect the count to go up to 24 by the end of 22. The only reason it might change is threat perception. Otherwise, I suspect the rest of the assembly maybe used for foreign orders.

Last edited:
Kiyani. N right now their around 40000 baluch officers n men in PA alone.
That was his biggest achievement IMO, by relaxing some merit. As we have have now 40k Pak 'ambassadors' in Baluchistan. Considering every man has 4-5 family members, and 15 extended family members it is around 0.5 million people who get Islamabad narrative to their home. Though I was born in Baluchistan but my upbringing is in Punjab. Never in my life I saw a Balchi as Nan bai, cobbler, fellow student, etc. Just one in my MSc in Italy, who came on HEC.

Agreed. Additionally fighters on delivery flights do not carry arms. Flight routes will be planned in advance and notifications issued. Normally previously F7s have been delivered by ship but now , it remains to be-seen.
A

Production projections are for 12 aircrafts per year so expect the count to go up to 24 by the end of 22. The only reason it might change is threat perception. Otherwise, I suspect the rest of the assembly maybe used for foreign orders.
That aerial route is still fairly dangerous in terms of flying over some very desolate and remote terrain that leaves few places for a safe recovery in case of an emergency. The Chinese are doing their best to build infrastructure fast but even now an ejection in that area means likely a long search and rescue.

It would be a lot of fun to see the 23rd March parade and no J-10C. Definitely would see a lot of hate comments from the PDF Muj party.

4) will the Indian radar operators shit in their pants when these jets fly near soon to be liberated Pakistani territory ?
I like your enthusiasm over 25 jets and soon to be liberated occupied lands. But beaware we are entering another era where Kamra 2.0 is possible, the signs are already there. Nonetheless it's a welcome addition.
Sheikh's excitement is understanable, it's his job to creat excitement but the same Sheikh fled to Dubai when we really rocked the world in 1998.

That aerial route is still fairly dangerous in terms of flying over some very desolate and remote terrain that leaves few places for a safe recovery in case of an emergency. The Chinese are doing their best to build infrastructure fast but even now an ejection in that area means likely a long search and rescue.

It would be a lot of fun to see the 23rd March parade and no J-10C. Definitely would see a lot of hate comments from the PDF Muj party.

i know for a fact that i will be very disappointed on that for sure

Sheikh's excitement is understanable, it's his job to creat excitement but the same Sheikh fled to Dubai when we really rocked the world in 1998.

If it came to a real war with India; this "Sheeda Tully" wouldn't stop before Mars. :lol:

i know for a fact that i will be very disappointed on that for sure
If Pakistan officially inducts J10C before March 23rd, as hinted by Sheikh Rasheed, it should be good enough whether newly acquired planes are paraded or not.

We are all waiting eagerly for the j10 to reach Pakistan.
The flyover should be with complete missile load . That will be a incredible sight.
Was reading that the Pakistan version will be called f10p. What's the difference from the Chinese verion ? Engine? Avionics ? Armaments ?

That remains to be seen.

For now, here we are guessing with WS-10B engine if new build J-10CE or possibly with AL-31 engines if PAF will receive used J-10C from earlier batches that used AL-31.

Differences to Chinese version is unknown. More likely to be almost the same but with typical changes like language of controls and possibly weapons integration for PAF operated weapons like SD-10. That shouldn't be taking much time at all since that's basically export version of PL-12.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom