What's new

PAF hobby models thread.

1/72 L382B Hercules

by Steve Gladingboel

The decal masters were made in Photoshop from photos that I took at the event. These were then sized and arranged in Word and then printed onto Experts Choice white inkjet decal sheet. The black lettering/numbers were printed onto clear decal sheet. The decals were sealed with several coats of Microscale liquid decal film, and then used just like any standard decal.

The kit is the old ESCI C-130H kit built from the box apart from the crew door strut, tail-top red light and the blade aerials. It went together reasonably well; putty was needed in the obvious joins but this was easy enough with the generous shape of the aircraft. There are probably all sorts of inaccuracies in the kit, the decals and the paint scheme, but as I said I am happy with the result.

cloggy_c-130_3.jpg
cloggy_c-130_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

cloggy_c-130_5.jpg
cloggy_c-130_2.jpg
cloggy_c-130_4.jpg
cloggy_c-130_6.jpg

1/48 PAF F-104A
by Mustafa Aziz

This is a Hasegawa 1/48 scale F-104 kit. I have used a Cutting Edge resin ejection seat. Eduard photo-etched detail set, FOD covers and Remove before Flight Tags. The decals are “Exotic Stars” from Albatross.
This model is one of the best kits I have ever built in terms of fit. The paint is Alclad Aluminum with miscellaneous panels done with white aluminum and dural aluminum. The wing upper side is gloss white. Prior to putting Alclad I used Tamiya primer, followed by couple of coats of Future.

mustafa_f104.jpg
mustafa_f104_2.jpg
mustafa_f104_3.jpg

For those who interested in building process, i found it very inspiring

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/sleepylafiel#p/u/207/yMfCLuzy0c0[/video]

lots more in the channel

^ do the new kits come with a smoky coloured engine nozzle , or which paints did you use?

Really nice work! Can you buy Pakistani or Indian naval models?

Back
Top Bottom