What's new

PAF hobby models thread.

Texas i was talking decals /logos as u asked not the models they are built be me sir lol but anyhow glad u enjoyed them will put up some more soon !!:azn:

Hello TOPGUN,

Do you remember how much they cost? I saw a few in the shop at PAF Faisal.. but didn't check the price. :undecided:

Now when i am seeing these pictures. I want one. :undecided:

Webby to tell you the truth when i went to the PAF Faisal i dont really remember the price for the decals/logos anyhow i got them from my cousin which is stationed in PAF base Masroor anyhow i will try to find for you good day!:pakistan::toast_sign:

It wont be a problem. But i dont think we have a large scale of modellers around here. Or do we? :enjoy:

well.. pretty soon i am going to be one of them!?:D
just ordered... 1/72 F-16 J-10 F-86 and airbrush
hope i get them before may..

PAF stafighter F-104 1:72 Italeri
3c2ea94e8aa60776d2827cefe9a4760c.jpg

d63b47cad18a33cb142da01b882d5d39.jpg

well.. pretty soon i am going to be one of them!?:D
just ordered... 1/72 F-16 J-10 F-86 and airbrush
hope i get them before may..

Where did you get the J-10 from? I mean kit made by who?

I like the decals for the F-104 cockpit. Saves on hand painting too!! I would still accent with a brush.. good luck buddy. These would be fine looking beasts!!:enjoy:

Webby,

The Scale Modeller's club is growing *hint*:angel:

Our own section? whatchasay?:taz:

Pretty cool models. I think that is a fun forum. I am working on a scratch build right now. No parts, just line drawings - you make the parts. It's quite a challenge..

Hello fellow hobbyists. I have a problem that I need help with recently I ordered tamiyas 1/35 ww2 soldiers but I cant get the acrylic paint to colour them any idea where I can get these paints[they dont have to be hobby paints plain acrylics will do as long as all the base colours are in]

and also suggest what military branch should I mark and colour my german troops to be you like waffen ss ,panzer grenadiers or volks grenadiers mayber simple werhmacht grenadiers.

Some of mine i have a F-16 1:48 Academy which i plan to make in PAF colours
will post that when its ready
Su-30MK1.jpg
[/IMG]
hawk.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
posidon.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1453.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2628.jpg
[/IMG]
T-72-2.jpg
[/IMG]
001.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
002.jpg
[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Chinese-built Shenyang FT-6

01.jpg

Construction

Basically, this kit was built OOB except for the Martin Baker Mk.10PKD ejection seats, which were scratch-built using plastic card/rods. Typical of Trumpeter's offering, sink marks were found throughout the fuselage section but i must say the quality has improved with each new release! Fitting were generally ok except the nose-gear landing well, wing joints and both front/rear canopy. Take note when attaching the front windshield, you need to fill up the gaps in between it and the fuselage. Despite these problems, an average modeler can take care without much effort but do take note of the following:

1) Add noseweight...NOT indicated on the instruction sheet!
2) Flimsy landing gears, especially the mains! The axle attaching the wheels seems to wobble with the slightest touch!

Kit decals(quality has improved) were used since the only aftermarket option are limited to the extremely rare 1/48 TigerWings' for PLAAF & PAF F-6/FT-6. After checking my references, i concluded the included markings were meant for the early FT-6s. Later variants spots 5-digits aircraft numbers(both front & aft), extended PAF insignia with white border, a pair of 'yellow/red' Chinese-style ejection seat warning triangles, etc.

Gunze enamels, Mr. Color series, were used for the painting. H305(FS36118), H307(FS36320) & H308(FS36375) were applied to depict the 3-tone gray camo scheme. As for the pair of drop tanks, I opted to paint one in early NMF(port-side) since PAF ground crews often have to make do with what they have at their disposal. Like I'd mentioned above, the kit decals provided were meant for NMF birds but i chose to model otherwise after having seen one example in Peter Steinemann's Asian Airpower - Exotic Warplanes In Action.

Most of PAF's FT-6 were moderately weathered, thus not having to resort to oil-washing. I opted for the 'pastel+washing liquid+water' formula :). The wash were applied along the panel lines and left to cure for 12 hours. Subsequently, cotton buds(or Q-Tips as it is known in the West) were used to clean up the wash...VOILA!

Cheers!

Sebastian L

Back
Top Bottom