What's new

PAF Flypast in 50s Vs IAF in 2021

Here is a good example
Is there any professional full time aerobatic team in the world that hasn’t had any accident? Red Arrows, Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Russian Knights and many more. It’s a risky business. So many aircraft milling around at low altitudes.

PAF lost an F-16 while practising for the show an year back. I salute the pilot for what he was.
Was the pilot bad? I don’t think so and I wouldn’t say so. Because I am not a troll.

That pic posted by OP was when the aircraft were coming together to take their positions. The video too from which these screen grabs have been taken is not from under the formation but to the side so the geometry is going to look skewed.

Here is a pic shared by the IAF. Good try Mr. Instagrammer!

FBwK-_KUYAILTp0

That pic posted by OP was when the aircraft were coming together to take their positions. The video too from which these screen grabs have been taken is not from under the formation but to the side so the geometry is going to look skewed.

FBwK-_KUYAILTp0
At least they are now not riding a truck.

Is this the finest example of formation keeping you wanted to portray? If you say yes then I would tell you what is grossly wrong with it.
Do by all means however , i never posted image of PAF's dedicated display team in the OP.....this was just to show the other poster it's not just the IAF that flies a 9 ship formation for displays.

FBwK-_KUYAILTp0
Not quite failed Foxbat......suggest you also look at the image again....one side of the formation looks pretty reasonable while the left side is out of synchronisation.....and if that's not enough, check out when the aircraft carry out another flypast in three separate formations.

Do by all means however , i never posted image of PAF's dedicated display team in the OP.....this was just to show the other poster it's not just the IAF that flies a 9 ship formation for displays.
The poster was right what he said about 9 ship teams in this part of the world. But it actually is 9 AC Aerobatic teams not just 9 aircraft formations doing a fly past. Some of your pictures are showing a flypast by 9 or more aircraft. Putting up an aerobatic display by all means is more challenging. Sherdils do perform aerobatics.

Many countries put up a 9 or more ac formations for plain flypast for a specific event but very few maintain a full dedicated aerobatic team.
Suryakiran is one such team. Is Sherdil a full time aerobatic team? To my knowledge it is not.

The picture that you posted of Tejas formation is while they are taking new positions. It is bound to look improper at that point. There is also a single aircraft going around as a chase to do aerial photography. If that aircraft also comes in frame then it would spoil the overall look.

Can't expect much from people who crash a plane or two every month and killed their Chief of Defense in a crash.

The poster was right what he said about 9 ship teams in this part of the world. But it actually is 9 AC Aerobatic teams not just 9 aircraft formations doing a fly past. Some of your pictures are showing a flypast by 9 or more aircraft. Putting up an aerobatic display by all means is more challenging. Sherdils do perform aerobatics.

Many countries put up a 9 or more ac formations for plain flypast for a specific event but very few maintain a full dedicated aerobatic team.
Suryakiran is one such team. Is Sherdil a full time aerobatic team? To my knowledge it is not.

The picture that you posted of Tejas formation is while they are taking new positions. It is bound to look improper at that point. There is also a single aircraft going around as a chase to do aerial photography. If that aircraft also comes in frame then it would spoil the overall look.
There are actually two PAF display teams, Sherdils and lesser known Braveheart. I doubt they would have their dedicated aircraft painted in their display livery if it weren't a dedicated for displays.
The Tejas formation took up new position of flying in three separate formations after doing the half hearted Arrowhead formation. Forget that, here is a formation of just Three IAF MiG-21s, allegedly led by Abhinandan doing a simple break on Airforce day flypast. See if you can determine what's wrong with the break.

1642080201118.png

So, hence the topic, IAF's poor handling performance and handling of It's equipment.
That’s the problem with you. You created this thread to troll and you would pick small things and try to prove your point. In a long IAF flypast that day you must have searched to find one flaw to try and prove your point.

Can you tell me what was the reason for crash of an F-16 while rehearsing for a show last year? If there was even a slightest chance of pilot error in that crash, does that mean that PAF is a non professional organisation? It was an instance when one aircraft was lost and one valuable life was lost because of error of judgment. I salute the pilot since he must have done his best.

Here you are nitpicking on rate of putting on bank and pulling up.

Tell me which is bigger handling error? Not doing a synchronised split or going into ground. If poor handling is your criteria?

You want me to post some superior formation keeping of PAF? That is also readily available.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom