What's new

PAF F-16 # 82603 Another One That Was Recovered By PAC

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1643313515570.png

24 Jan 1991, Wing Commander Farhat Hussain Sitara-e-Basalat (with Flt Lt Khalid as SP) Dead Stick Landing at PAF Base Rafiqui. While flying the F-16 #82603 as an instructor pilot, Wing commander Farhat Hussain experienced engine seizure at a critical stage of flight. The nature of this grave emergency perfectly justified abandonment of the aircraft but he elected to guide the aircraft back to the runway, and due to his immense skill and courage, succeeded in saving a high value aircraft.

1643313949770.png

AM Farhat Hussain (R)

1643314152593.png

PAF F-16B block 15 #82603 is touching down on the runway at Lajes AFB on its way from Pakistan to the US for its MLU conversion. [Photo by Fabio Rocha]

1643314271716.png

The same aircraft returning to Pakistan after it's MLU in US.

just a small snipet..by 1999 specifically at the time of kargil ..we had just 18 operation (FMC) aircraft.

still put 5 of them to Skardu FOB

imagine the stress on ops plan

TFX block 0, as per the TAI boss, will be at the least equivalent to F16 V (block 70).....

Muslims love F-16s.....
I think Pakistan should really go for joint development, Turks have high quality standards for their military weapons, and they won't settle for anything less than their current fleet. PAF will definitely love the bird.

Also, I think it's disingenuous to bring religion into this, everyone who has experience with it, probably loves the F-16!

The F-16 for me will always be the most beautiful aircraft ever designed.
It was designed by the folks with the true American spirit, and puritian work ethics and values. Now, it's all about the corporate greed to increase the bottom line to artificially inflate the stock price, and get a great bonus! And, the top bosses take it all.....

A 5th generation aircraft will replace them in the future.

TFX block 0 will not be 5th generation?
Not in the true sense! For example, super cruise and RAM coating most probably won't be there in Blick 0 with F16 engines, but will be added in later blocks.....

Back
Top Bottom