What's new

PAF Exercise High Mark - 2010

lol...at such a close range no AI can pick a target...the reason is its in the blind zone of the radar....i.e when the energy returns from a target so close it doesn't go to the receiver cuz at that time the radar transmitter is still transmitting energy and the reception is blocked till the transmission time is over.
secondly F-22 is stealthy but not so much and lastly you dont have to compare the two....cuz there isnt much to compare because of the big generation gap between the the avionics and on board weapon

Interesting, but what i really meant was like when the F-7 is approaching the F/A-22 , like still 30 km away, could it see it then? I mean at what range was the stealth really effective.

Plus the Blind zone you mentioned, isn't that on the sides/below of the plane? I mean the Radar does have limits for the azimuth, and hence a plane on it's side would definitely be hard to detect.

Lastly, doesn't these radars use Duplexers? I mean when the total range is like 75-100km, they use two different pulses (Time between the transmitter and receiver ) or shortening the pulse would reduce the range, but let us detect the target at closer range....?

Good thoughts, but i am currently studying Electrical Engineering, so thought these might be some interesting facts about the Radar.

Interesting, but what i really meant was like when the F-7 is approaching the F/A-22 , like still 30 km away, could it see it then? I mean at what range was the stealth really effective.

Plus the Blind zone you mentioned, isn't that on the sides/below of the plane? I mean the Radar does have limits for the azimuth, and hence a plane on it's side would definitely be hard to detect.

Lastly, doesn't these radars use Duplexers? I mean when the total range is like 75-100km, they use two different pulses (Time between the transmitter and receiver ) or shortening the pulse would reduce the range, but let us detect the target at closer range....?

Good thoughts, but i am currently studying Electrical Engineering, so thought these might be some interesting facts about the Radar.

1. Here are some points of basic radar theory
longer the pulse length better will be the pick up but poor range resolution and wise versa
longer pulses are used for long range radars...they r the ground based early warning radars...you dont need good range resolution for those. The shorter the pulse length, the better the range resolution. You defiantly want that in your AI.

Lets say the pulse repetition time of radar is 4 micro second. out of which it transmits for 1 micro second and waits for the pulse to strike the target come back in the remaining 3 micro second. now we know that EM waves travel at the speed of light. this means 1 micro second times speed of light would be the length of the pulse in meters or KMs. during this time or in this distance the transmitter is transmitting. the receiver is off. The reason is that the receiver is very sensitive ...if it receives any amount of energy which is more then it can handle...your receiver path is all gone for a six. duplexer if you mean a T/R switch is basically a path changer it works rapidly switching on and off the transmission and reception in lighting speed.

Detecting a F-22 for a airborne radar isnt that difficult ...its not much because of the range issue but because once you switch from a wide area scan to a smaller area scan your energy concentrates more and the hits per second of the pulse over the target is more and there are more chances of detecting it. It may be stealth for a ground based long range radar...but even in that case if you have an over lap coverage of two radars they can catch it .

As far as the detection of F-22 by PG is concerned....lets not discuss ranges ...:P you can get the idea form the above
and nice to know we got a electrical engineer wit us

Last edited:
spotted this IL-78 over johar town lahore at around 1 pm today. a mushak was also flying around at that time, but couldnt get a clear shot of it.

Well this High Mark has its own charm, but for me the next High Mark would be the most thrilling, especially if all the planned inductions would have taken place by then.

High Mark 2015 would be having the Block 52s, FC-20s, many more thunders, In flight refueling capability fully operational with many aircraft with this capability, Chinese AEW&Cs inducted, all Saab Erieyes in service, Spada SAM system in place, hopefully a long range SAM in service too.

If all this happens, by 2015 PAF would be one hell of an air force.

What is an EAGLE
shaheen.jpg
:pakistan::azn::tup:

i saw them at 3'0 clock going towards jinnah terminal......................then they came back & landed smoothly......i live in malir cantt so i m watching them from last 4 to 5 dayz regularly & My brother saw them taking off from Jinnah terminal!!!
MirAge-3 r sooooooooooooooo BeautifuL & soooo much sexy!!:pakistan::pakistan:!!!!

hey BRO....i live near to Jinnah airport and in a flat on fifth floor,in G-Johar.so the whole airport is visible from my home except of the runway end b/c there r a few buildings in front of my building.
so when ever an aircraft runs on runway it is visible but when it take off it disappears behind building and then comes into sight in air after a short while.i have visited malir cant,a few years back it provides a perfect sight of landing aircrafts.

what im trying to explain here,today again i saw a mirage3.i heard their sound three times around 10am and two times in noon but saw only one.when i heard its sound rushed to bellcony wearing sun glasses and SAW A MIRAGE LIFTING UP FROM THE RUNWAY END OF JINNAH INTERNATIONAL AIR PORT.
wonder y fighter planes touching down and taking off from a civil air port.

spotted this IL-78 over johar town lahore at around 1 pm today. a mushak was also flying around at that time, but couldnt get a clear shot of it.

also there was a Army Aviation Bell 412 flying really low over expo center area i tried to get a pic but was too late.

Got my camera now waiting for mirages again on the roof!!!
this time its 10.2 Mega pixel...hahahahah!!
now i will get u mirage!!!

When did that happen?
Wasn't they informed earlier the USA & Nato forces in the region?

Yaar, i saw a Husseini painting in which our coastal Mirages approached a US naval carrier pretty low, it was an excercise.. the painting is in his updated Air Warriors book... was awesome... he is meticulous to detail... thats my source :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom