What's new

PAF could have downed more Indian planes in Pulwama crisis: ex-air chief

China, Iran, Pakistan defense pact is signed and in effect. If India has such an advantage as you believe then why doesn't it have the courage to use it ? Your courage is in Bollywood movies now keep it there.
Any link?

PAF could have downed more Indian planes in Pulwama crisis: ex-air chief​

By Our Correspondent
January 16, 2023

LAHORE: Former Air Chief Marshall Sohail Aman Sunday said Pakistan could have taught India even a bigger lesson during the Pulwama crisis but it displayed restraint as an escalation of the tension was not an objective.

He was delivering a lecture at the Nazriya Pakistan Trust which was the first of a series of “Quaid e Azam Leadership Lectures” launched by the trust devoted to promoting the vision and philosophy of the founding fathers of the nation. Sohail Aman spoke of passion and determination as key elements of leadership and added that the Quaid-e-Azam proved through creation of Pakistan that “nothing is impossible”. He said Pakistan’s superior strategy and decisive leadership had humbled India during the ‘post-Pulwama crisis’ in February 2019, when “we had eight Indian aircraft within our range, with electronic warfare tracking their every move and we could have taught them a bigger lesson, but we didn’t want to escalate.”

Terming ex-ACM Sohail Aman an authentic Pakistani hero, Senator Mushahid Hussain, Vice Chairman of Nazriya Pakistan Trust (NPT), said the Quaid-e-Azam through his leadership based on character, courage and commitment had set a unique example which inspired Muslims and led to the struggle which created Pakistan. “Thanks to the Quaid-e-Azam and the founding fathers, we are today living as free citizens of a free country,” Mushahid Hussain said, underlining that the nation must honour its heroes who are role models for the people of Pakistan. He said the people of Pakistan had guts and the spirit but they were let down by a weak leadership.

He lauded Sohail Aman for building a modern fighting force in the form of the Pakistan Air Force, which gave a befitting reply to Indian aggression in Balakot in February 2019, which was Pakistan’s finest hour, along with the nuclear tests in May 1998.

Presiding over the meeting, NPT Senior Vice Chairman Mian Farooq Altaf talked about various attributes of the Quaid-e-Azam’s leadership, his impeccable integrity and honesty, and uncompromising stand on Pakistan, adding, “the Quaid gave all his property to educational institutions and his family derived no benefit from the creation of Pakistan.” Conversely, today he warned against “worshipping power and money”, as character is more important than these worldly material possessions. Other speakers said Quaid’s leadership based on character, courage and commitment is the key to Pakistan’s turnaround in the future.

May be he is right, my question is, Indian plans dropped bombs well inside Pakistan, didn't hit the area which they claim their, but on the other side we targeted locations that were inside Pakistan (IIOJK), the farthest target was 19 km from LOC.

There's three types of people in this thread:

1. People complaining why articles are being written about this instead of just doing it (Very naive and stupid opinon, there is the concepts of proportionality and the escalation ladder)

2. People who want an all out-war thinking Pakistan can somehow overwhelm India easily and "friendly" countries like China, Turkey, etc are going to come to save the day. (More naive useless bravado and cringe)

3. Those who recognise the point of the article and that the response at the time was appropriate and proportional keeping us in control of the narrative and the operational theatre.

And then there's the Indians...

In the near future, it will come to know that if the Air Chief had followed orders, all ingressing aircraft of the previous day involved in Balakot strike could have been shot down.
Bajwa didn't want to shoot the ingressing aircraft down, but IK did?

Dude this Bajwa is a fucking coward, I definitely believe his legs were quivering and sweating now

It was never the Army Chief's call to shoot down Balakot strike package. Defence of Pak air space is primarily the responsibility of PAF, not the PA AD which otherwise didnt have the assets to shoot them.
So whose orders did the Air Chief supposedly not follow? 🤔

China and Iran will not come near you in the event of war; you can ask any senior here. Turkey..I don't know whether it would like to get directly involved in a conflict.

No ,
not really.

In the near future, it will come to know that if the Air Chief had followed orders, all ingressing aircraft of the previous day involved in Balakot strike could have been shot down.
we can only talk about known, unknown and unspoken is left for history and chests, which can hold.

It was never the Army Chief's call to shoot down Balakot strike package. Defence of Pak air space is primarily the responsibility of PAF, not the PA AD which otherwise didnt have the assets to shoot them.
We all know which Arm holds the bigger danda, if Bajwa not sent to corner naughty seat that day, this was not going to happen. behind closed doors my danda bigger than yours healthy argument is real.

Last edited:
Hearing this makes me angry. Had they had the balls, should’ve bombed actual troops up and down the LOC and killed Indian soldiers in mass. Should’ve shot down those “additional aircrafts” to ensure this political stunt by the pagans would never occur again. Pakistani military is just big of coward as the pagans across the border. They didn’t throw bombs in Azad Kashmir, but Pakistan proper while Pakistans response was in IOK and that too right outside the occupation force bases. How is this fact lost on Pakistanis is beyond me. They attempted to murder innocent kids at a madrasah. Even as a Shia, seeing a Sunni school getting attacked raises my blood. Don’t get me started on the deliberate Brahmos attack during the turmoil of March and April.
Pakistan needs to hang the traitors in its midst to right the ship

May be he is right, my question is, Indian plans dropped bombs well inside Pakistan, didn't hit the area which they claim their, but on the other side we targeted locations that were inside Pakistan (IIOJK), the farthest target was 19 km from LOC.
This is exactly what I said below, didn’t see your comment. Pakistan ruling elite are cowards, sleazy, and morally corrupt. They will lose the next war, Mark with words.

Back
Top Bottom