What's new

PAF Chief visits Saudi Ministry of Defence

Saudi Arabia?
Have you ever heard about Lawrence of Arabia?
Know your history before posting on historic matters. Saudi Arabia used to be a part of the Ottoman Empire freed/broken away in 1916 with the support of French and British forces who were then at war with Ottoman Empire.

Not sure if you're aware of this but Islamic Caliphate ended in 1922 and no Muslim nation has tried to revive it, not even Saudi Arabia.

I don't think Pakistanis, Afghans, Bangladeshis, etc. want their country to become part of an Islamic Empire that has a capital in some other part of the world.

If Saudi's had any wits there could have been a PAK-ARAB Aeronautical Complex by now. We'd have been building latest fighter jets with no shortage of human resources or finances together. In fact, the "OIC" could have funded the project as a collective goodwill joint Muslim-Unity project. We could have hired Iranian scientists as well.

There's never been a shortage of scientists in the Muslim world for the past 1400 years and it would have helped Saudis in their current turmoil. A showcase of modern "Purchased" weapons only sit idle in a glass case of display. Saudi's need us now, sure, but I'm wondering whether its too late now...

Are u serious?

Wake up mate....

I think a Saudi investment in the next generation plane is due. A joint venture makes sense, Saudis have probably learnt the hard way that they are now almost broke due to leaching of their wealth by countries who had no empathy or sympathy to their well being and just used them as cash cows.
You are over-reading the situation. PAK - Saudi relations have their significance but KSA have to deal with the rest of the world as well. B/W US have done a lot for KSA - if this is what you were alluding to.

Although Saudi investment in Project Azm would be fantastic. Pakistan should also take Turkey onboard because of its contributions in F-35 program. Saudi will not invest unless Project Azm have substance.

Last edited:
If Saudi's had any wits there could have been a PAK-ARAB Aeronautical Complex by now. We'd have been building latest fighter jets with no shortage of human resources or finances together. In fact, the "OIC" could have funded the project as a collective goodwill joint Muslim-Unity project. We could have hired Iranian scientists as well.

There's never been a shortage of scientists in the Muslim world for the past 1400 years and it would have helped Saudis in their current turmoil. A showcase of modern "Purchased" weapons only sit idle in a glass case of display. Saudi's need us now, sure, but I'm wondering whether its too late now...

What i don't understand from your proposal, why Iran should be given a share from Saudi aid?
History tells, Saudis and their investments are not safe in Pakistan, specially from Zardari tribe.

If Saudia joins the Thunder Program , as a Third Financial Partner for 100 plane order , it would be the right honest thing to do

100-150 plane partnership would ensure , our Azm is high and their defence needs are met

Considering the open threats against Prince Salman and King Salman , I suppose Saudia has to buy JF17 Thunder

Saudi Finances could revitalize the Thunder to Expand to Block IV and Block V upgrades

a) Block IV (New Weapons Package)
b) Block V (New Radars, CFT, Upgrade on Avionics Package)

Last edited:
If Saudia joins the Thunder Program , as a Third Financial Partner for 100 plane order , it would be the right honest thing to do

100-150 plane partnership would ensure , our Azm is high and their defence needs are met

Considering the open threats against Prince Salman and King Salman , I suppose Saudia has to buy JF17 Thunder

Saudi Finances could revitalize the Thunder to Expand to Block IV and Block V upgrades

a) Block IV (New Weapons Package)
b) Block V (New Radars, CFT, Upgrade on Avionics Package)

Some members said that JFT may get Vixen AESA with AMRAAM, Meteor, A-Darter, HMD etc. If true then only ingredient left to bring KSA in it is EJ-200 engine, it will be an offer which will be hard to reject until some Western country play its game to let it down.

The investment from Saudia can give Thunder Program much needed Boost financially to create next generational upgrades

If 3-5 Billion Package from Saudia can be attained , for shared Production of Thunder , I am certain we can even imagine

Block 4 , Block 5

Under the deal 50 planes would be manufactured in Pakistan and then 50 planes would be out together in Saudia Aeronautical center.

The recent "SAAAAAAAAAAAZISH against Prince Salman and King Salman" is quite shocking and the right move is to have Saudia buy JF17 Thunder to create a big impact

Back
Top Bottom