What's new

PAF armed with BVR?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on Pakistans BVR missiles.I heard pakistan has H2,H3 and the sd-10 but I want some info on there capabilities

As far as I know, the PAF's BVR inventory isn't a very public thing, they hardly talk about it. That doesn't mean they don't have one, cause in the past, we've seen reports of BVRAAMs such as AIM-7 Sparrows being used on PAF F-16s, and T-Darters (modified S-Darter) being used on the Mirage ROSE-I.

Its speculated that the PAF has limited numbers of AIM-7E? Sparrows and T-Darters. The PAF will also buy SD-10 from China for the JF-17, but many seniors in the PAF are pushing for more Western/African systems for JF-17. If we do get the F-16s, then we're likely to get AIM-120A and AIM-120B too.

H-2 & H-4 are Air-to-Surface Glide Bombs, they're the South African Raptor-Series.

Originally posted by Bilal Hussain Khan@Oct 24 2005, 07:21 PM
As far as I know, the PAF's BVR inventory isn't a very public thing, they hardly talk about it. That doesn't mean they don't have one, cause in the past, we've seen reports of BVRAAMs such as AIM-7 Sparrows being used on PAF F-16s, and T-Darters (modified S-Darter) being used on the Mirage ROSE-I.

Its speculated that the PAF has limited numbers of AIM-7E? Sparrows and T-Darters. The PAF will also buy SD-10 from China for the JF-17, but many seniors in the PAF are pushing for more Western/African systems for JF-17. If we do get the F-16s, then we're likely to get AIM-120A and AIM-120B too.

H-2 & H-4 are Air-to-Surface Glide Bombs, they're the South African Raptor-Series.
[post=1220]Quoted post[/post]​

South Africa's military industry is very advanced, I would be happy to see military cooperation between the two countries! Maybe Pakistan could get some tech from the Olifant into later versions of the Al-Khalid. But the T-Darter would be very good for the JF-17 and would increase its effectiveness in the air!

I read some news that said that Pakistan has tested a INDIGOUSLY devopled missile called the H4 that has a range of 120-140KM.Its relativly old new from 2003 I can post it if you want me to.Can you post some more info regarding the t-darter and the sd-10 especially.

Originally posted by Kaiser@Oct 25 2005, 01:01 AM
I read some news that said that Pakistan has tested a INDIGOUSLY devopled missile called the H4 that has a range of 120-140KM.Its relativly old new from 2003 I can post it if you want me to.Can you post some more info regarding the t-darter and the sd-10 especially.
[post=1226]Quoted post[/post]​

That was like a bomb called Raptor, it is a glide bomb its not a air to air BVR missile, its an air-to-ground weapon with a beyond visual range. Why H-2 can't be a BVR missile because its impossible for Pakistan to make a such missile, even Russia and United States couldn't make such missile after spending millions of $ in R&D.

Some of just because too over patriotic and that kills us.. rather than worrying about it we choose to be proud of what it is not!

Pakistan Air Force has integrated the H-4 out-of-sight target bombs in its arsenal of fighter aircraft, official sources said. The incorporation of H-4 bombs have added to the capability of the PAF to hit out-of-sight targets from a distance of up to 120 kilometres to evade enemy radars during air strikes. A lighter version of the bomb, H-2 model, can hit the out-of-sight targets from a range of up to 60 kilometres.

"It is a step towards adding the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missiles to our arsenal for defensive purposes and to address the strategic imbalance in the region," sources said.

The indigenously produced H-4 bombs is an achievement of the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), which works in close collaboration with Pakistan Missile Organizationand the Air Weapons Complex.

"Three successful tests of H-4, with the latest conducted this year, produced satisfactory results leading to addition of arsenal in the fighter jets," the sources said.

The H-4 bombs have been made through indigenous efforts by modifying the technological design of South African T-Darter BVR missiles. Till the induction of JF-17 Thunder in 2006, with a provision for BVRs, the H-2 and H-4 bombs could be carried by Mirage fighter jets. The H-4 infrared device is said to be comparable to that of the AA11, AA12 and Python 4 in the Indian arsenal.

Moreover, the sources said, fighter aircraft in PAF's arsenal have the "provision" to be fitted with precision-guided munitions and BVR missiles. When asked about advantages of BVR in Indian arsenal, PAF spokesperson Air Commodore Sarfaraz said: "We are aggressively trying to utilize whatever equipment we have to its optimum operational limits through professional training and by pursuing high standards of maintenance."

Mr Sarfaraz said: "We are aware of our technological needs and are vigorously trying to meet those requirements either through procurements or indigenous developments."

The European and the US suppliers were currently not willing to share the technology with Pakistan. However, contacts were being established with China, defence sources said, adding that JF-17 Thunder (to be inducted in 2006), F-16s and the Mirage aircraft in Pakistan's fleet all had the provision to be fitted with BVRs once the technology and the missiles would be acquired.

PAF Has The BVR Weapon!, Wing Comd. Mahboob Hasan Qureshi

The Wing Commander gave a lecture to the students of Adam Jee Govt. Science College today. The purpose was to motivate the students to join the AF after completing their F.Sc.

He said "Two of the AFs in the world are considered to be the best...The PAF and ISraeli AF....as far as training is concerened...u take name of PAF pilots and IAF piots in front of any AF....they become scatered...." :devil

After his lecture , questions were asked....answering to one question, he said
"The F-16s and the upgraded MIRAGEs have the BVR weapons which cannot be disclosed"

Somebody ask him that the Indian AF shows what ever they have...so why not the PAF...

He said "If something is in intrest of the nation....then its good to keep "somethings" confidentional.....for e.g. Israeil has kept alot of things confidentional...they have the NUKES but they never tell it"

To someother question he said " SUPER-7 will fly in the mid of 2003 but it will take some time for testing...but overall it is a good machne which will increase our capabilities alot"

Back
Top Bottom