What's new

PAC Spells Out Project Azm, FGFA Program, etc.

What I have observed Pakistan will produce local version of J-31 and JF-17 with stealth features...more advance avionics with powerful single engine.
Engine, avionics will be imported while basic structure will be Chinese + Pakistani origin.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
No It will not be based on J 31 .
Strong chances are pakistan going to buy J 20 for interm time period and proj Azam will get Westren input

Strong chances are pakistan going to buy J 20 for interm time period and proj Azam will get Westren input
No Sir...It will be single engine aircraft...air frame will be based on JF-17 while stealth tech will be from J-31.

Last edited:
No Sir...It will be single engine aircraft...air frame will be based on JF-17 while stealth tech will be from J-31.
Sir jee u can beat me in PA sources but not in Paf source mera naam se hi guess laga len:whistle::azn:

What is the significance of writing it as Azm instead of Azam ??

Try reading Azm in Urdu as

عزم = Commitment

If you Type as Azam in English, in Urdu you will read it as...

اعظم = Prime

So the project name is explained as Commitment and not the Prime.

Sir jee u can beat me in PA sources but not in Paf source mera naam se hi guess laga len:whistle::azn:
I am not air force guy hence have only limited info.....you can beat me without sources but I heard from my fallows of PAF...I am telling the same.....Since no actual work started on project AZM assume every thing as gossip.

I am not air force guy hence have only limited info.....you can beat me without sources but I heard from my fallows of PAF...I am telling the same.....Since no actual work started on project AZM assume every thing as gossip.
Project azm us about developing 5th gen. That will be developed under FGFA. FGFA is part of azm. The project AZM will make the production possible via developing different industrial and research sectors.
Pakistan FGFA will be twin engines based on entirely J-31. The J-31based is my personal opinion.

I am also not an air force guy but I take too much interest in paf plus some friends over there. Lets hope whatever happens ne in best interest of pakistan.

To me its sounds like and look like this:
First Steup: PAF will going to buy J-31(Twin Engine) most probably , with TOT (majority stuff ) , This whole AZM thing is to get ready for that deal , to make sure we can produce required "Stuff" at home after deal...…….
2nd stage is PAF will use that experience from J-31 in our own next Gen Single engine bird most probably JF-17 next block (JF-18) in this we "may" can see cooperation with Turkey (TFX).
Whatever it is its a right thing to do , We need to have local support for this project (one or two)

Now this is the kind of tabdeeli that really gets me excited. Thanks for the tag! I hope and pray I get to contribute to this in the near future InshahAllah.

EDIT: I can also confirm that they are actually in touch with universities for involvement on a deep level this time which is a welcome departure from the norm.

University-Industry collaboration is what Turkey has started to do more of as well as introducing Internship.
An example, for the skin of Turkey's 5th Gen fighter aircraft a University has been tasked to develop process to utilise Carbon-Nanotubes, Carbon-Nanotubes have been proven to absorb radar signals incredibly well.

A lot of experienced brain power has also returned back to Turkey from companies like Rolls Royce, General Electric, Mercedes and Bosch. Our country is finally looking after high skilled people and giving them opportunities to research and develop in their respective fields.. Pakistan should initiate a reverse brain-drain programme. I've met a lot of smart and gifted Pakistanis, if they have the right incentive they would flock home.

Looking forward to seeing Azm mature piece by piece.

i think it is almost impossible for us to develop 5 gen aircraft due to weak economy and less investment in education or research.russia is struggling with su57 and this project is in danger of ending although they have more know how than Pakistan to develop aircrafts.j20 seems to be best option for us .
Glass half full.....people said that about the atomic bomb. Missiles. Jf17 , Ak tank and i could go on.

What I have observed Pakistan will produce local version of J-31 and JF-17 with stealth features...more advance avionics with powerful single engine.
Engine, avionics will be imported while basic structure will be Chinese + Pakistani origin.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Where does it say about local version of j31?

yeah as history showed
paksitan wasted vountless hours on armed drones and finally it was chines CH-13 come out even iraq got ch-14 .PLEASE DO NOT GROW HOPES IF IT WILL BE J-31 i will have a party . aysa na ho jf-17 ko kala rang ker ke boleen ye lo project AZAM :lol:

Back
Top Bottom