What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

sometime when i look at arjun and than at leopard 2a4.i thank Krauss for designing a useless tank for india.which took them 4 decades to produce :D

arjun-mbtborder.jpg

Leopard_2A4_Austria_6.JPG

T-72 is just a rusty old piece of metal!

And T-54 isn't?

@Keshav,

i really dont wanna burst the bubble but the fact is the whole Arjun saga is the best example of a badly undertaken project without having a clue of how or what was needed to be done...

I know this may be uneasy for some but these are the FACTS so look at it from an analytical perspect. The issues with Arjun were so basic its not even funny !!

PArt 1

Failed Tanks! Episode 16: The Arjun (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

Part 2

Failed Tanks! Episode 16: The Arjun (Part 2 of 2) - YouTube

Posting Mike Sparks crap which makes no references, provides no sources, and trashes every tank in the world, while praising the M113 which can't even take a PG-7VR.

Keep going.

This "Blacktail Defence" guy says M1A2 is underpowered and undergunned.

Trusting such people's words gives you no glory.

Your signature itself reveals ur biased nature based on preconcieved notions.:coffee:

my signature is old.

Those crying over that AK is a copy of type90IIM.which we even agree should also agree that krauss had designed you the Arjun

And has extremely striking similarities with the leo2a4

Or in short we can also say that Arjun not only is based on Leo2a4 but rather a upgraded variant of leo2a4

my signature is old.

Those crying over that AK is a copy of type90IIM.which we even agree should also agree that krauss had designed you the Arjun

And has extremely striking similarities with the leo2a4

Or in short we can also say that Arjun not only is based on Leo2a4 but rather a upgraded variant of leo2a4

Yes structural design was based with krauss assistance,don't deny it at all as leo is a superb tank.
I was only mocking this comment of urs-
''i thank Krauss for designing a useless tank for india''

Yes structural design was based with krauss assistance,don't deny it at all as leo is a superb tank.
I was only mocking this comment of urs-
''i thank Krauss for designing a useless tank for india''

The basic Leo-2 shared the same optics weakness as Arjun, Krauss improved on it in later upgrades so you see the sight pushed backwards on the turret. Imagine a penetrator @ 1700 m/s hitting it and think of the fate of poor gunner. There is less armour behind the sight approximately 250-300 mm at best. Even a BM-13 can do the job. The sad part is, not only this has been overlooked by DRDO on Mk.1 but also on Mk. 2.

Also, Leo 2 has much better side armour than Arjun and doesnt mount ammo boxes there, instead, there is a uniform composite armour cover going all the way to the back.

see the difference..

Leo 2A1

leopard204xs1.jpg

26_11071_7709956e4038970.jpg

Arjun..

nowyobrazmapybitowej13.png

15394f068842.jpg

see the ammo boxes here ??

arjun2.jpg

And T-54 isn't?

Posting Mike Sparks crap which makes no references, provides no sources, and trashes every tank in the world, while praising the M113 which can't even take a PG-7VR.

Keep going.

This "Blacktail Defence" guy says M1A2 is underpowered and undergunned.

Trusting such people's words gives you no glory.

your trolling is admirable since you come here with this intention and consider yourself as a "dominant" in it.

Anyway, i have checked all the details given in the video by myself and they are accurate. the whole Arjun project is simply laughable.

arjun2.jpg

Those are BO Panels.

your trolling is admirable since you come here with this intention and consider yourself as a "dominant" in it.

Anyway, i have checked all the details given in the video by myself and they are accurate. the whole Arjun project is simply laughable.

I don't consider myself dominant, nor am I trolling.

Please present these accurate details, if you can.

Those are BO Panels.

nothing personal mate just quoted a post of yours from another forum ;)

Those are BO Panels.

have you even seen how a blow out panel looks like?

Whole Arjun is a compliation of mistakes but will you admit it? Nope

The irony is, everyone in India including politicians, bureaucrats, DRDO officials and even public seems to know more about Arjun than the actual user, in this case, the Indian Army, whose is going to use the damn thing in the battlefield. Imagine the consequences of Arjun failing there?

It is so evident that Arjun has multiple serious flaws, gunner sight is deep inside the main armour which reduces the armour thickness and makes the spot an evidet target, a rifled gun thats obsolete around the world, not to mention it fires shots at a meager velocity of just 1500-1600 m/s which is too less for penetration, an engine that tends to fail during trials even in most recent ones against t-90 it did the same despite all the tall claims and lastly an ammunition which is substandard and obsolete both by a long shot. I can count more flaws but lets leave it here.

Yes its true that too much of national pride is at stake in Arjun but nothing must be thrusted upon the military because its only gonna cause trouble for the nation.

Sad but true really

T-72 tanks are facing problems with its ammunition as it sometimes bursts in the barrel and 200 such cases have been reported making the Army wonder whether its troops will be "afraid" to fire even after seeing the enemy.

"It (the T-72 ammunition) used to burst in the barrel. If it bursts in the barrel, then the firer is afraid to fire his own gun, which is not a correct thing. If he is afraid to fire his own gun, then even if he sees the enemy he will not fire," the Army has told a Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence.

The Army informed the Government and the Parliamentary Committee that over a period of time, there have been 200 such accidents involving the ammunition and "it brings down the confidence of the firer, especially, with regard to tank ammunition."

In terms of the numbers, the T-72 tanks are the backbone of the Indian armoured fleet and have undergone several upgrades since their induction to be able to fight effectively in the battlefield.

The Army is also "concerned" over the ammunition used by its artillery called Krashnapov, which has been imported from Russia, and has failed to hit targets in high altitude ranges such as Kargil.

"They were supposed to meet certain height and temperature requirement, and they said that it is not meant for such high altitude areas. Now, this ammunition has been shifted in the plain areas because it was not working there satisfactorily," it said.

The Army said several meetings have been held with the vendors to resolve the issue but progress in this direction has been relatively slow.

Last year, former Army Chief Gen V K Singh had written a letter to the Prime Minister explaining to him the shortages of tank ammunition being faced by the force.

Ammunition bursts in T-72 tanks barrels cause concern for Army | Business Standard

Also, Leo 2 has much better side armour than Arjun and doesnt mount ammo boxes there, instead, there is a uniform composite armour cover going all the way to the back.

see the difference..

Leo 2A1

leopard204xs1.jpg

26_11071_7709956e4038970.jpg

Arjun..

nowyobrazmapybitowej13.png

15394f068842.jpg

arjun2.jpg

This is leo 2A6, which as per my info is definitely an upgraded version over leo 2A1, can u see ur so called ''Ammo Boxes'' here...looks like the stupid Germans needs some tips from @Dazzler :azn:

4580364145.jpg

N congrts DRDO has acknowledged ur advice n here is Arjun Mk2 with an all around uniform composite armour.:D
imgarjun2crop2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom