What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

So now that india has revealed its most anticipated Arjun II tank, indian forums are a buzz. I was reading discussions on Arjun II and indians were going "OMG..it has thermal imagers...OMG, it has BMS and it commander can control UAVs from within..it is this and that and blah blah" ...and after reading for a while..I was like "Wait! Al Khalid-I already has all of them..how is Arjun II superior then?" Then I realized that actually, Pakistan might not even need to bring out its Al Khalid II..since Al Khalid-I pretty much matches Arjun II already..

So here is a basic comparison between the two tanks...The comparison is made by keeping in mind the terrain they'll operate in. For example, Al Khalid's lighter weight gives it an advantage in irrigated soils of Punjab, and desert sand of Sindh...If it was Urban Warfare, Arjun would have the advantage of being heavier than Al Khalid..but we all know that main terrains of confrontation are deserts and plains...Therefore, Al Khalid's weight is regarded as an advantage.

Note : Blue highlight = Advantage over the other tank

Weight :
Al Khalid-1 : 48-49 tons
Merkava IV : 66-68 tons.

Speed :
Al Khalid-1 : 72 km/h
Arjun II : 40-55 km/h

Main Armament :

Al Khalid-1 : 125 mm smooth bore gun
Arjun II : 120 mm rifled gun

Payload Capacity :

Al Khalid-1 : 49 rounds
Arjun II : 39 rounds

Engine :

Al Khalid-1 : KMDB 6TD-2 6-cylinder diesel 1,200 hp (with upgrade)

Arjun II : 10 cylinder, V-90 turbo charged 1400 hp

Power/Weight ratio :

Al Khalid-1 : 26 to 26.5 hp/tonne
Arjun II : 20.1-21.5 hp/tonne

Armour :

Al Khalid-1 : Composite armour, and RHA, with ERA plate coating (right up there. very tough)
Arjun II : Improved kanchan armour, Russian-style ERA (slightly better)

Operational Range :

Al Khalid-1 : 500 km

Arjun II : 450 km

Protection :

Al Khalid-1 : upgraded VARTA active protection system

Arjun II : India still working on an indigenous one (?)

ATGMs :

Al Khalid-1 : Kombat , 9M119 Refleks (AT-11 Sniper) etc (laser beam guidance, unstoppable since can't be detected due to laser beam guidance method--also, top-attack mode according to some sources.)

Arjun II : LAHAT (Top attack mode..very effective!)

Types of rounds fired:

Al Khalid-I: APFSDS, HEAT-FS , HE-FS, Depleted Uranium round and KOMBAT ATGM

Arjun II: FSAPDS, HESH, PCB, TB, and Lahat ATGM

Rate of Fire:

Al Khalid-I: 9 rounds per minute.
Arjun-II: 8 rounds per minute

=============================================================================================

Other than this, both Al Khalid-I and Arjun II have thermal imagers, panoramic sites for commanders, and Battlefield management systems...

Al Khalid-1's muzzle velocity is very damn good too...superior to that of even Merkava IV...but I didn't get states for Arjun II muzzle velocity or rate of fire..so can't say anything...

Conclusion: Al Khalid-1 is right up there, if not superior, to Arjun II. Arjun sure has its advantages in heavier armour..but then Al Khalid-1 is superior to Arjun in mobility, speed, and firepower...

My prediction is that we won't be seeing Al Khalid II any time soon since Al Khalid-I already pretty much neutralizes Arjun II.

Not to mention, Pakistan already deploys over 300 Al Khalid-Is while india has yet to induct Arjun IIs...

Things don't look that great for Arjun project...

(All the data for Arjun-II was taken from Indian forums and Indian experts on tanks in different defence forums.)

Talk away...

So now that india has revealed its most anticipated Arjun II tank, indian forums are a buzz. I was reading discussions on Arjun II and indians were going "OMG..it has thermal imagers...OMG, it has BMS and it commander can control UAVs from within..it is this and that and blah blah" ...and after reading for a while..I was like "Wait! Al Khalid-I already has all of them..how is Arjun II superior then?" Then I realized that actually, Pakistan might not even need to bring out its Al Khalid II..since Al Khalid-I pretty much matches Arjun II already..

So here is a basic comparison between the two tanks...The comparison is made by keeping in mind the terrain they'll operate in. For example, Al Khalid's lighter weight gives it an advantage in irrigated soils of Punjab, and desert sand of Sindh...If it was Urban Warfare, Arjun would have the advantage of being heavier than Al Khalid..but we all know that main terrains of confrontation are deserts and plains...Therefore, Al Khalid's weight is regarded as an advantage.

Weight :

Speed :

Main Armament :

Payload Capacity :

Engine :

Power/Weight ratio :

Armour :

Al Khalid-1 : Composite armour, and RHA, with ERA plate coating (right up there. very tough)

Operational Range :

Protection :

ATGMs :

Al Khalid-1 : Kombat , 9M119 Refleks (AT-11 Sniper) etc (laser beam guidance, unstoppable since can't be detected due to laser beam guidance method--also, top-attack mode according to some sources.)

Types of rounds fired:

Rate of Fire:

=============================================================================================

Other than this, both Al Khalid-I and Arjun II have thermal imagers, panoramic sites for commanders, and Battlefield management systems...

Al Khalid-1's muzzle velocity is very damn good too...superior to that of even Merkava IV...but I didn't get states for Arjun II muzzle velocity or rate of fire..so can't say anything...

Conclusion: Al Khalid-1 is right up there, if not superior, to Arjun II. Arjun sure has its advantages in heavier armour..but then Al Khalid-1 is superior to Arjun in mobility, speed, and firepower...

My prediction is that we won't be seeing Al Khalid II any time soon since Al Khalid-I already pretty much neutralizes Arjun II.

Not to mention, Pakistan already deploys over 300 Al Khalid-Is while india has yet to induct Arjun IIs...

(All the data for Arjun-II was taken from Indian forums and Indian experts on tanks in different defence forums.)

Talk away...

No one know about the complete technology systems of Arjun Tanks and it is still at development.So there is no comparison here.

gbJ7K2l.jpg

Amazing instead of discussing on the topic, indians are uselessly arguing about other things. Stick to the topic.

:offpost:

No one know about the complete technology systems of Arjun Tanks and it is still at development.So there is no comparison here.

Arjun isn't in development stages but testing stages.

Secondly, the specifications were taken from Indian sources...senior members..and people who are working on the project (some very senior Indian members here on this forum)...

Look retardo,

If we go by this, then I can bullshit "Oh a country that can't even built toilets have a good tank now? haha what a joke! Arjunk is nothing more than a paper tiger with parts imported from cheap Russian black markets" blah blah..

You see, this is easy. So stop being an embarrassment and TALK substance.

Al Khalid-I is as Pakistani and Arjun is Indian, if not more. Stop trolling and crying.

Pakistan whose IT/Auto/Space/Hardware/Pharmaceutical industry are all ZILCH is suddenly making world class tanks while India which has made tremendous progress in all fields is struggling to make world class tanks and aircrafts.

Sure. Lets talk substance!

Arjun isn't in development stages but testing stages.

Secondly, the specifications were taken from Indian sources...senior members..and people who are working on the project (some very senior Indian members here on this forum)...

DRDO always good for propogating false information.We have a sensational media here.They will exaggerated all things.
Just an example is Agni-5.I have a friend in DRDO.He told me DRDO told media cut down range.And actual range of Agni-5 is still classfied.He say he dont know real range ,because he is just a junior employee in DRDO.He cant get more about such things because he is a low level employee.
Similar goes to Arjun tank.When they reveal specs all of media spread that.But they will always maintain a secrecy in key systems.

Weight :

Speed :

Main Armament :

Payload Capacity :

Engine :

Power/Weight ratio :

Armour :

Operational Range :

Protection :

ATGMs :

Types of rounds fired:

Rate of Fire:

Talk away...
Your data is wrong if i am not mistaken.

Amazing instead of discussing on the topic, indians are uselessly arguing about other things. Stick to the topic.

:offpost:
lol so you want us to discuuss based on data which was made by a member himself. :lol:

Unless someone can add to the discussion what has already NOT been discussed. There is no point in going on with copy paste bragging contests
Sir you deleted my posts but hasnt deleted his comparison table??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom