What's new

Overcoming lies, disinformation and propaganda on PDF

Through my time on PDF I have noticed that there is a HUGE VOLUME of lies, disinformation and propaganda directed at Pakistan and Pakistanis from a particular group of people. For years this was ignored but now it is becoming ridiculous to he point where the propagandists are making claims that are completely ridiculous and insane. All these claims NEVR have ANY CREDIBLE & GENUINE evidence to back them up yet we still seem to put up with them. Should persistent offenders be permanently banned? Should we ignore them so that the propagandists completely discredit themselves and their beliefs? What is the best course of action?

I want to hear the thoughts of fellow Pakistanis and our allies
Best way to handle such trolls is to bring evidences forth and defuse their propegenda. I don't know why you always ask them, when you have an equal chance to show them mirror.

Best way to handle such trolls is to bring evidences forth and defuse their propegenda. I don't know why you always ask them, when you have an equal chance to show them mirror.

Point is they never do. They just keep repeating the same lines again and again like zombies and expect others to believe them. They honestly believe that the world's biggest FAKE NEWS and PROPAGANDA factory is true.......... :disagree:

Pakistanis on a pro-Pakistan forum complaining about Indians trolling, disrailing, propagandizing when they do same to Indians on this forum.

But unlike Pakistanis, Indians are put on a short leash. Not only do we quickly get warnings, posts deleted, and banned, but Pakistanis are given more leeway to maliciously attack Indians even though it violates forum rules.

I don’t care about the anti-Indian animus. This is par for the course given Indo-Pak relations, but it is laughable that Indians are the problem here.

Point is they never do. They just keep repeating the same lines again and again like zombies and expect others to believe them. They honestly believe that the world's biggest FAKE NEWS and PROPAGANDA factory is true.......... :disagree:
Just ignore then.

But surely something needs to be done about the severe lies, disinformation and propaganda continuously peddled against Pakistan by particular groups and individuals. If not then why doesn't the name of PDF get changed to SAARC defence Forum or something like that.
It’s something we struggle to balance - should the forum just delete and remove Indian propaganda and lies (that are also being propagated through social media and their own media outlets), or should we allow our users to counter said propaganda.

Obviously there comes a point when Indian propaganda has been so thoroughly debunked (like their claims about Balakot and shooting down an F-16), both by Pakistan and internationally, that we shouldn’t entertain any more of their absurd claims on that score.

Disinformation and propaganda have many shapes and forms which are not always instantly obvious to unsuspecting readers. For instance, publishing news about some ardent pro-India countries' inflated and fabricated achievements actually tell Pakistanis to follow the path of those countries by embracing Indian hegemony in return for instant publicity gratifications.
Most people in Pakistan fail to read between the lines when the propaganda and disinformation tactic become very sophisticated.

[/QUOTE]
It’s something we struggle to balance - should the forum just delete and remove Indian propaganda and lies (that are also being propagated through social media and their own media outlets), or should we allow our users to counter said propaganda.

Obviously there comes a point when Indian propaganda has been so thoroughly debunked (like their claims about Balakot and shooting down an F-16), both by Pakistan and internationally, that we shouldn’t entertain any more of their absurd claims on that score.

But then it becomes an entire troll fest and lowers the quality of PDF. We become less intellectual.

Through my time on PDF I have noticed that there is a HUGE VOLUME of lies, disinformation and propaganda directed at Pakistan and Pakistanis from a particular group of people. For years this was ignored but now it is becoming ridiculous to he point where the propagandists are making claims that are completely ridiculous and insane. All these claims NEVR have ANY CREDIBLE & GENUINE evidence to back them up yet we still seem to put up with them. Should persistent offenders be permanently banned? Should we ignore them so that the propagandists completely discredit themselves and their beliefs? What is the best course of action?

I want to hear the thoughts of fellow Pakistanis and our allies
While pakistanis post the "Disinfo" thingy in every news that doesn't suit their narrative...the same Indian media outlets become credible when it actually suits your version

welcome to Desi Defence Forum

You are an abomination and that is an understatement. I would honestly converse with Indians compared to you. I really hope they perma-ban your ugly presence on this boards. You have no morality whatsoever and your complaining about Indians see yourself first on the mirror

You are an abomination and that is an understatement. I would honestly converse with Indians compared to you.

oh i am sure you would love to talk to israelis too after they have killed a few more Palestinians. Indians and Israelis are best friends after all.

I really hope they perma-ban your ugly presence on this boards.

ban me, dont ban me. what difference does it make?

You have no morality whatsoever and your complaining about Indians see yourself first on the mirror

says the guy that thinks the Yemen war and making friends with Israel is halal. i didnt say anything that cant be proven as islamically allowed. what you and anyone else protesting what i said is just theatrics. if you dont believe the statements i made, which you found repulsive, then ask a sheikh and see for yourself. being homosexual doesnt make one a non-muslim, just like drinking alcohol or doing drugs or stealing doesnt make one a non-muslim. believing it to be halal is what makes one a non-muslim. if you dont know this, you are jahil. go ask a sunni sheikh if you are sunni, and see for yourself. if you are shia, then i dont know about the ruling in the shia madhad because i am not shia and i dont know much about their rulings.

Your******

problem with you is you have no position. its always fluid. one day you say this is halal, and that is haram. then you flip the script and provide no islamic evidence to back it up, whereas i can easily provide the evidence and the fatawa to back up my claims. easily. i looked into the fatawa and double checked my comments (which you found repulsive and were deleted by mods) and i was right.

you said Yemen war is halal. then you were so morally righteous that you believed that Pakistan should get involved in said war to gain ghanima, from a poor country like Yemen, who were one of the poorest in the ummah before the war, and are currently starving to death. after all this you claim i am the jahil and not yourself? lol

as for Israel, is it halal to accept Israel as a friend while the Palestine issue hasnt been resolved? is it halal to bully muslim countries into accepting Israel?

if you want me banned, that is fine. you are not the only one. even the israelis and indians here want me banned. good company to keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
problem with you is you have no position. its always fluid. one day you say this is halal, and that is haram. then you flip the script and provide no islamic evidence to back it up, whereas i can easily provide the evidence and the fatawa to back up my claims. easily. i looked into the fatawa and double checked my comments (which you found repulsive and were deleted by mods) and i was right.

you said Yemen war is halal. then you were so morally righteous that you believed that Pakistan should get involved in said war to gain ghanima, from a poor country like Yemen, who were one of the poorest in the ummah before the war, and are currently starving to death. after all this you claim i am the jahil and not yourself? lol

as for Israel, is it halal to accept Israel as a friend while the Palestine issue hasnt been resolved? is it halal to bully muslim countries into accepting Israel?

if you want me banned, that is fine. you are not the only one. even the israelis and indians here want me banned. good company to keep.

You are only giving free promo to Israel by putting them into topics they are not even related to or concern them by just spamming an Israel anti-angle into topics that are completely off-topic and not part of the topic hence there is no weight or out-put in your contribution. It is just drivel spamming

You are only giving free promo to Israel by putting them into topics they are not even related to or concern them by just spamming an Israel anti-angle into topics that are completely off-topic and not part of the topic hence there is no weight or out-put in your contribution. It is just drivel spamming

and you are running away from the topic by not answering the same question i have asked you dozens of times. not to mention other questions which you fail to answer. for you, everything the Gulf Arabs do is right. for you, all their foreign policies are right. you are just a drama queen who does all these theatrics, crying and drama baazi, and never bring any hard facts or evidence to back your claims. its ok, you have loads of friends now. the indians and israelis love you, you can see them defending you and others like you in other threads. with friends like that your deen is so secure and you are on sirat al mustaqeem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom