What's new

Overcoming lies, disinformation and propaganda on PDF

Pakistanis on a pro-Pakistan forum complaining about Indians trolling, disrailing, propagandizing when they do same to Indians on this forum.

But unlike Pakistanis, Indians are put on a short leash. Not only do we quickly get warnings, posts deleted, and banned, but Pakistanis are given more leeway to maliciously attack Indians even though it violates forum rules.

I don’t care about the anti-Indian animus. This is par for the course given Indo-Pak relations, but it is laughable that Indians are the problem here.

If you genuinely feel that way then why don't you and all the other indians leave PDF? No one is forcing you and your ilk to be here. You are more than welcome to all leave.

The enmity between Pakistan and india is permanent and forever. That is not going to change so the best place for indians is indian forums, not PDF or any other Pakistani forums for that matter.

I'm certain that NO indian forums give the same privileges to Pakistanis that PDF gives to indians so then don't expect fair treatment from us either.

If you genuinely feel that way then why don't you and all the other indians leave PDF? No one is forcing you and your ilk to be here. You are more than welcome to all leave.

The enmity between Pakistan and india is permanent and forever. That is not going to change so the best place for indians is indian forums, not PDF or any other Pakistani forums for that matter.

I'm certain that NO indian forums give the same privileges to Pakistanis that PDF gives to indians so then don't expect fair treatment from us either.

everyone is welcome in Desi Defence Forum.

Through my time on PDF I have noticed that there is a HUGE VOLUME of lies, disinformation and propaganda directed at Pakistan and Pakistanis from a particular group of people. For years this was ignored but now it is becoming ridiculous to he point where the propagandists are making claims that are completely ridiculous and insane. All these claims NEVR have ANY CREDIBLE & GENUINE evidence to back them up yet we still seem to put up with them. Should persistent offenders be permanently banned? Should we ignore them so that the propagandists completely discredit themselves and their beliefs? What is the best course of action?

I want to hear the thoughts of fellow Pakistanis and our allies
Not just at Pakistan but others too.

Chinese and Indian trolls are running amock on this forum. I am recommending, that all their user ids be permanently locked. We are overwhelmed by rubbish and lies.

Further the insults being given. when we reply back, we get warnings. What other languages to use?

I have been called baboon, pedo etc etc coming down the trees by these chinese trolls; what else is left - even my mother was insulted.

Come on moderators have the guts to take action... IT IS TIME.

Not just at Pakistan but others too.

Chinese and Indian trolls are running amock on this forum. I am recommending, that all their user ids be permanently locked. We are overwhelmed by rubbish and lies.

Further the insults being given. when we reply back, we get warnings. What other languages to use?

I have been called baboon, pedo etc etc coming down the trees by these chinese trolls; what else is left - even my mother was insulted.

indians need to all be permanently banned from PDF as this is a Pakistani forum and india and indians are the permanent visceral enemies of the Pakistani people and nation.

ALL other peoples are more than welcome and we should all be civil and respectful of one another.

indians need to all be permanently banned from PDF as this is a Pakistani forum and india and indians are the permanent visceral enemies of the Pakistani people and nation.

ALL other peoples are more than welcome and we should all be civil and respectful of one another.
I would qualify that:
1. Indian or Chinese - they are welcome to be on this forum as long as they are not government agents designed to sow fake news or undermine PDF in any form.
2. Troll filter and permanent clean up for known CHinese and Indians.

I think both are promoting their own vested interest and this forum is become a playing ground.

I as an outsider was welcomed and I appreciated it and hope my input can help others.

Mod(s) are way above than emotional requests as such. Please report and wait as the appropriate action will be taken regardless of nationality. Any response in kind, will be treated in the same category and quoting back an offender provides a life line to continue.

Regards,
fake news

Agree that the same shouldn't be allowed. But, that is only possible when the content is posted here and debunked or countered accordingly. It is impossible to impose a ban by default. Same as like, ANI India is reported to be the top propaganda account by DisInfoLab but we don't ban the news out rightly unless, proven to be propaganda by going through the content.

Mod(s) are way above than emotional requests as such. Please report and wait as the appropriate action will be taken regardless of nationality. Any response in kind, will be treated in the same category and quoting back an offender provides a life line to continue.

Regards,

Agree that the same shouldn't be allowed. But, that is only possible when the content is posted here and debunked or countered accordingly. It is impossible to impose a ban by default. Same as like, ANI India is reported to be the top propaganda account by DisInfoLab but we don't ban the news out rightly unless, proven to be propaganda by going through the content.
It is not emotional request.

When I reported some, I was told in a PM by a moderator "Let them be".

Are cartoons insulting and accusing a nation allowed in the forum? If so, why does forum rules say otherwise? If not, why do we see spam, caricature or post-truth stereotypes about countries or nations? I thought that there would be a difference between writing on Reddit and writing here.

Back
Top Bottom