What's new

Over 10,000 Indians Facing Food Scarcity In Saudi Arabia, Says Sushma Swaraj

I truely hope those people get their hard earned wages but i wouldnt bet on Saudi generosity to pay them. Many saudis firms have gone bankrupt due to the financial crisis

Correction..many Saudi firms engaged in 2 number business have gone bankrupt not due to financial crisis. There is no crisis to talk about. Saudi government is the only G20 economy which still pays in cash to the contractors via direct debit. But many so called "shadow" business had their back broken by iron-fist measures of Saudi government to drive transparency into business..Shadow business take up government project to issue large quantities of visas which they sell illegally to gain profit. The workers arriving on these visas then free lance in the market or work for other companies or even set up their own sub-contracting shops.

The project are then "sub-contracted" illegally to other shadow business often run illegally by shadow workers arriving on other shadow business visas and have no legal presence..all work is paid in cash. No documentary evidence exist of all this activity and in government register the primary contractor is supposedly "working" on site..

Some business with bring workers by selling visas and then offer them to their so-called sub-contractors.

Because Saudi government has raised a huge objection to such cash payments and want to follow the international standard of paying by bonds with bank guarantees. It has created a liquidity crisis for these shadow practices which can no long find cash to pay...and hence the striking and starving workers..this corruption affects all contracting companies in Saudi..with Binladen group being the top tier for such. Less than handful of contracting companies in Saudi Arabia are clean from such shadow practices..many business want to conceal their profit from the tax man..particularly those under foreign investment licenses and they avail these shadow workers by hundreds.

May your citizen also call his family and inform them that he is safe , may god save him also.

Pakistani govt should do everything to save his life
Yea when his family heard that they have delayed the execution his family started doing bhangra on streets:lol: but our media has played a big part in delaying his execution.

If this situation is true why not evacuate??? Indian government seems to be intent on keeping the workers trapped in Saudi..For so many people to go hungry and starve is near impossible in Saudi if not all together impossible...

I will not discount the theory that many of these workers are responsible for their plight..they came on so called "free visas" to work free lance in lucrative construction market on a short term them and then it collapsed as government is pushing forward re-structuring and many of these workers were officially "ghost" as they were registered under various contractors but actually running their own free lance shows..Once their "ghost" employees are busted and system closed they can no longer get paid...or find any free lance work..as they are effectively illegal...there are too much black marketing and racketeering in the contracting sector..almost run exclusively by Indians..and government has attacked it with a massive blow to drive out irregularities..

Saudi economy is collapsing rapidly due to wars they are wagging all across middle east. There is also a matter of oil prices crashing down like rock. Even Pakistan should prepare itself for an economic collapse as lots of workers will loose jobs. I just hope CPEC gets up and running before the gulf nations bite the dust.

Here in Saudi also there are more then 10000 people and almost 40000 family members will be impacted thats the reason I started this thread and people are playing Indian and Pakistan even in such tragedies and majority of them are muslims and the money they send really helps their families back home and their kids study due to that money :)

Yea when his family heard that they have delayed the execution his family started doing bhangra on streets:lol: but our media has played a big part in delaying his execution.

Here in Saudi also there are more then 10000 people and almost 40000 family members will be impacted thats the reason I started this thread and people are playing Indian and Pakistan even in such tragedies :)
lel this is nothing did you saw that thread about bangladesh i think it was "bangladesh sucks and will always sucks"? guess what our Indian and Pakistani members started an Indo/Pak war even there :lol:

I was part of that war :D
lel this is nothing did you saw that thread about bangladesh i think it was "bangladesh sucks and will always sucks"? guess what our Indian and Pakistani members started an Indo/Pak war even there :lol:

The only concern is they are blue collar workers supporting their families back home , they spend money to go to saudi for work , if the dupe them then its really wrong .

If they have valid visa then no one can stop them to pursue their employers and hope Saudi govt will help them for their payments but again they are poor and deserve some good treatment , If they are illegal then Saudis will deport them anyways

South Asia will be hit even more hard in coming years if Gulf economies dont stabilise. Oil price will keep crashing as shale oil and gas become more popular so i dont see situation getting any better to be honest.

Saudi economy is collapsing rapidly due to wars they are wagging all across middle east. There is also a matter of oil prices crashing down like rock. Even Pakistan should prepare itself for an economic collapse as lots of workers will loose jobs. I just hope CPEC gets up and running before the gulf nations bite the dust.

Buddy nothing is collapsing i live here 30 years..go check the news..Q2-2016 was record profit for many banks..you can say that the direction of economy is changing..until oil was high..it was government funded growth..so contractors had their hey days..now its all about private sector...so those depending on one way business..of government paying them off..are going to find tough time..many of those who earned from government paid contracting and diversified..are benefiting...

Seem Saudi economy is going down the drain. Depressing oil prices, wars in Yemen etc.. are taking a toll on Saudi's economy. This is very serious that 10000 Indians have lost their jobs. I am sure this should not have confined just to Indians. So the actual number must be much higher

Good that Indian government is helping them. Indian government should bring back them to India.

Still not clear why so many people lose jobs in one go in Saudi

Seem Saudi economy is going down the drain. Depressing oil prices, wars in Yemen etc.. are taking a toll on Saudi's economy. This is very serious that 10000 Indians have lost their jobs. I am sure this should not have confined just to Indians. So the actual number must be much higher

Good that Indian government is helping them. Indian government should bring back them to India.

Sushma swaraj is doing good job as foreign minister ...Just two days back they saved one Indian from gallows in Indonesia
Hope they will help these 10000 people and their families back home

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...indian-in-indonesia-spared-death-row-2942055/

I am sure this is a temporary reprieve or some technical glitch. Indonesia has some of toughest laws on narcotics. If the president of Indonesia doesn't pardon him he will sure be shot dead if not today then tomorrow. And I have never seen a president of Indonesia pardoning a drug convict. I also see India not pushing too much in this case, and I think India is taking the correct position not to interfere in criminal justice systems of other countries or it will come to bite us in future.

Still not clear why so many people lose jobs in one go in Saudi

When lots of people lose jobs at one time, it is a clear sign that economy is not doing well.

There might be some scope in the case thats why they delayed the death penalty other wise they would have carried out the execution on scheduled time , might be its a temporary relief for family
I am sure this is a temporary reprieve or some technical glitch. Indonesia has some of toughest laws on narcotics. If the president of Indonesia doesn't pardon him he will sure be shot dead if not today then tomorrow. And I have never seen a president of Indonesia pardoning a drug convict. I also see India not pushing too much in this case, and I think India is taking the correct position not to interfere in criminal justice systems of other countries or it will come to bite us in future.

May be they should stop running visa rackets..

Back
Top Bottom