What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turkey (Türkiye), post coup rallies in millions(real millions and not fake million march).

And some pictures of the failed Coup by a goup of Army generals, not supported by Turkish Army as a whole, and led by Fethullah Gülen, a Turkish businessman and a well-known Islamic scholar who lives in exile in Pennsylvania.

And Pakistan is not Turkey, situation is different too.

The only reminiscent, some resemblance between Turkey and Pakistan are the huge crowds gahered at PTI jalsas in Minar e Pakistan (2- 3 occasions) Lahore and at Parade ground Isb on 2 occasions, Karachi and jalsas in other cities as well, which were big.

But here in Türkiye the estimated crowd is about 20 lacs or 2 million.

But there is still hope, hope springs eternal.

The Estab. and PDM mafia are looking for a situation with no hope and aspirations in people minds and they accepts them and the status quo. A subservient and despondent nation with no passion and no hope serves them, the PDM and the military mafia.

000_QG35M-e1499617449129.jpg

a0a367d60da81af731ea214231360f08

72016250537542737334.jpg

gettyimages-576532910_slide-db524c91922c99b580b80cd2cc144680a1339035-s800-c85.jpg

RTSLKUO-1024x579.jpg

Protect_Your_Republic_Protest_-_1_%282007-04-14%29.jpg

092aa91f-0001-0004-0000-000001162547_w1200_r1_fpx47.6_fpy50.jpg

636042359305065989-GTY-576537424.jpg

darbe3.jpg

128910.jpg

There was and there is huge support of Imran Khan in Pakistan, but that cannot be turned into a force, with political acumen lacking, IK surrounded by dubious men, IK lacks the political sage and at times looks naive and impulsive, lacks pragmatism.

He is honest, incorruptible, very hardworking, idealist, most patriotic than anyone, charismatic. And with people behind him, he can bring the change with the awam turning into a Nation.

Last edited:
Listen very carefully, your blabbering ain't going to work, nobody in my family including myself is prepared to invest in a country where there is no rule of law, thieves rampantly running the country. Without overseas remittances Pakistan will not survive.

You're doing nobody a favor,
Whether my blabbering works or not isn't really the matter here.

You have claimed that you have zero investment, then why even bother commenting on these issues.
Simply stick to your other nationality and let the people handle their thing here.

There are actual workers here and in other countries that you are discrediting with your high and mighty residency.
You are a nobody in front of them.
No point in rebutting.

Extremely sad of what has become of this country. I used to have a good view of the army until I met Asid Ghafoor in 2019 and realized what a clown he was.

In 2022, I believed the army was controlling IK and would have voted for PDM had elections been called.

However, recent events have instilled a deep eternal hatred of the army. They are the biggest hurdle to the wellbeing of Pakistan.

I am not sure I can identify myself as a Pakistani anymore despite having lived here my whole life.

so the news of core commanders that are against ASIM and his company have in contact with JCOSC shamshad mirza is nothing but a rumor? is JCOSC have the power against ARMY CHIEF?

is there no one GOOD/SENSIBLE in CORE COMMANDERS/LEUTINENET GENERAL who can resist/stop this madness and act for the betterment of country?

There is no way other than VOILENCE? We have an ARCH ENEMY sitting NEXT DOOR that DEAREST DESIRE to annex this land or make it a graveyard for us?

@RescueRanger @waz @PanzerKiel @The Eagle @fatman17

All the claims in regard to some internal chatters are mostly rumors. However, it doesn't mean that they do not discuss situation behind closed doors.

You're doing nobody a favor,
Whether my blabbering works or not isn't really the matter here.

You have claimed that you have zero investment, then why even bother commenting on these issues.
Simply stick to your other nationality and let the people handle their thing here.

There are actual workers here and in other countries that you are discrediting with your high and mighty residency.
You are a nobody in front of them.
No point in rebutting.

Why should I tell you what I have, and how do you know what investments I have, you don't know crap, just keep going around in circles to satisfy your ego, people like you keep on taking overseas people for a ride not anymore.

Difference is that PTI activism is far more visible in cyber space and opposing views get overshadowed in the exchange.
True, PDM also has a lot of support either in Metaverse or maybe on Mars, clearly not on PDF, nor on the ground nor in jalsa/jalos and surely not in polls otherwise elections would have been conducted in Punjab and KPK (there is no legal, constitutional, moral, logical basis in delaying except knowing how badly they will loose).

Political parties do not run away from elections.

Turkey (Türkiye), post coup rallies in millions(real millions and not fake million march).

And some pictures of the failed Coup by a goup of Army generals, not supported by Turkish Army as a whole, and led by Fethullah Gülen, a Turkish businessman and a well-known Islamic scholar who lives in exile in Pennsylvania.

And Pakistan is not Turkey, situation is different too.

The only reminiscent, some resemblance between Turkey and Pakitan are the huge crowds gahered at PTI jalsas in Minar e Pakistan (2- 3 occasions) Lahore and at Parade ground Isb on 2 occasions, Karachi and jalsas in other cities as well, which were big.

But here in Türkiye the estimated crowd is about 20 lacs or 2 million.

But there is still hope, hope springs eternal.

The Estab. and PDM mafia are looking for a situation with no hope and aspirations in people minds and they accepts them and the status quo. A subservient and despondent nation with no passion and no hope serves them, the PDM and the military mafia.

000_QG35M-e1499617449129.jpg

a0a367d60da81af731ea214231360f08

72016250537542737334.jpg

gettyimages-576532910_slide-db524c91922c99b580b80cd2cc144680a1339035-s800-c85.jpg

RTSLKUO-1024x579.jpg

Protect_Your_Republic_Protest_-_1_%282007-04-14%29.jpg

092aa91f-0001-0004-0000-000001162547_w1200_r1_fpx47.6_fpy50.jpg

636042359305065989-GTY-576537424.jpg

darbe3.jpg

128910.jpg
Turkish military was always taking stand and interfering for Ataturk's policy and vision

In the end they had some wisdom and decided not to go on a full scale war against people

Who's vision and policy our lumber one have been following?
And these mfs will kill thousands of civilians again to keep power in their hand

Recheck my post and let me know if any point in it does not have merit to it. Sorry but PTI-led government was just another in line of the military-backed political experiments that did not work. Imran Khan's miscalculations are not small to begin with and corruption continued with strength and those who were involved in corruption could not be held accountable.

I am questioning the moral high ground of PTI activism on PDF from objective standpoint - much of it is self-absorbed and toxic to the core with insults directed towards Pakistan Army on a regular basis and calls for attacks on the institutions. There is ample data and evidence to support this observation. There is little deliberation on past mistakes and what is the way forward for the country on the other hand.

PDM experiment is also a flop show but the uncomfortable truth is that it does have its support base in the country - I have had interactions with people who support Shahbaz Sharif for instance. If these people do not have a representation on PDF, they do not exist?

Difference is that PTI activism is far more visible in cyber space and opposing views get overshadowed in the exchange.

Nation building is a lengthy struggle. Khan can run the country but he is not in the position to address the menace of corruption in the country because it permeates every section of the society including those within the PTI CAMP. PTI has popular vote but it has to REBOOT its political regime with a SYSTEM OF INTERNAL ACCOUNTABILITY and PROVE to the ENTIRE COUNTRY that it can bring about legitimate change in the country if given another chance in General Elections. Hypocrisy does not works.

Recall the era of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto? He was also charismatic and had a massive support base. But he RUINED Pakistan with his self-absorbed politics.

PTI activism continues to miss the mark as well. Respect Forum Rules at minimum, but nope.

I fail to see how such finely articulated response by you fail to show people that there is a middle ground for other people that aren't PTI-faucets.
Why is it either the Faucet or the Faujeet, why nobody in between?

What is wrong with these people?
They have undermined the very little credibility this state had as a functioning member of international community and thus drove it to the ground for their own self-interest based on the delusion that they are the sole majority,
The majority, sure, as in, the violent kind but there are major backings for PPP, Noon League, and other minor parties where people are simply silent about their opinions because PTI's toxicity is beyond comprehensible.

God forbid what they'd do to the minorities that don't vote for their fascist mentality in the future.

Why should I tell you what I have, and how do you know what investments I have, you don't know crap, just keep going around in circles to satisfy your ego, people like you keep on taking overseas people for a ride not anymore.

Ummm... you said it yourself.
i'm not satisfying my ego, i'm calling others out on their ego.

PROVE to the ENTIRE COUNTRY that it can bring about legitimate change in the country if given another chance in General Elections. Hypocrisy does not works.
How do you want to "prove" it?

what do you imply "given another chance"? who is going to give this "chance" is it the people of Pakistan or the officers of the Pak Army?

In democracy it is the Election that provides this "chance" and "prove" that a party can bring about any meaningful change or not and again it is the elections that decide to kick that party out and bring a better one.

Out of all the people you should have at least shown some morals and courage to call spade a spade; we do not have men nor the money to conduct elections is the biggest hypocrisy; and you are very right hypocrisy does not work.

It is not 71, people are much more aware, informed - Information age but the boys at Askari Enterprises Private Limited are still using an old, used and abused playbook.

Last edited:
Recheck my post and let me know if any point in it does not have merit to it.
Thanks. I'll get to it.

Sorry but PTI-led government was just another in line of the military-backed political experiments that did not work. Imran Khan's miscalculations are not small to begin with and corruption continued with strength and those who were involved in corruption could not be held accountable.
Correct. But, how do we get out of this experiment cycle? It's clear that company won't back down an inch unless forced to (the manner of which, can be debated on.)

I am questioning the moral high ground of PTI activism on PDF from objective standpoint - much of it is self-absorbed and toxic to the core with insults directed towards Pakistan Army on a regular basis and calls for attacks on the institutions.
Sir, you are expecting too much from the general public. Also, kamzor sirf shor macha skta he.
If we can rewind back to The night of IK's ouster in 2022, what would you recommend be the course of action. You have the benefit of hindsight too. I am genuinely curious, because the way I see it, IK didn't even directly call out the fauj. They, in all their wisdom, ensured the people hate them. Not only did the dirty work for PDM, but doubled down, held press conf (yes, that one), and rally the entire organization behind characters like dirty harry. If they have drawn their battle lines, what are you expecting from awaam?

There is little deliberation on past mistakes and what is the way forward for the country on the other hand.
That all is no use if IK is killed or disqualified etc, which would have happened, if not for the threat of violent reprisals and incurring the public's wrath. I obv don't condone the rioting but some level of street prowess has become a necessary evil.

PDM experiment is also a flop show but the uncomfortable truth is that it does have its support base in the country - I have had interactions with people who support Shahbaz Sharif for instance. If these people do not have a representation on PDF, they do not exist?
I disagree very much, they do have support, but right now, it's not that much different from the support BAP party, or MWM have. It's insignificant except for pockets of punjab. Why are they not holding election, then? Is only PDF and twitter going to vote?

That doesn't necessarily mean that outside the cyber space, things are opposite.

Nation building is a lengthy struggle. Khan can run the country but he is not in the position to address the menace of corruption in the country because it permeates every section of the society including those within the PTI CAMP. PTI has popular vote but it has to REBOOT its political regime with a SYSTEM OF INTERNAL ACCOUNTABILITY and PROVE to the ENTIRE COUNTRY that it can bring about legitimate change in the country if given another chance in General Elections. Hypocrisy does not works.
Qadianis were part of Pakistan movement too. So, was Allama Iqbal. If Muslim league declared qadianis would be declared kaafir in Pakistan before independence, what purpose would that have served?

There will be a time for internal accountability. When IK is securely enough in power. Rest assured people have no love lost for the lotas and electables in his party.
Ask anyone who'd they like to see as IK's successor, SMQ, Fawad Ch. or Murad Saeed, Asad Umar.

Recall the era of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto? He was also charismatic and had a massive support base. But he RUINED Pakistan with his self-absorbed politics.
That's always the risk with one man shows. And 90% of IK's popularity is because he is seen as standing alone against all forces of status quo. And there is no-one to blame for this than the forces of status quo.

PTI activism continues to miss the mark as well.
Sir, if you fill a balloon upto the limit with water and keep filling it, it's going to burst. If you prick a hole in a side and let some of that escape, you can shape the flow of water. The people have received absolutely no reciprocity from the other side. What's wrong with asking for elections?
What's wrong with protesting peacefully? (before IK was arrested). Why did they have to go ahead and pull this little stunt, esp when everyone is convinced they want to kill him? Why is all the wisdom expected from the public

Respect Forum Rules at minimum, but nope.
I agree with the sentiment but there's bigger things at stake, hence the frustration. The forum is a medium, nothing more.

How do you want to "prove" it?

what do you imply "given another chance"? who is going to give this "chance" is it the people of Pakistan or the officers of the Pak Army?

In democracy it is the Election that provides this "chance" and "prove" that a party can bring about any meaningful change or not and again it is the elections that decide to kick that party out and bring a better one.

Out of all the people you should have at least shown some morals and courage to call spade a spade; we do not have men nor the money to conduct elections is the biggest hypocrisy; and you are very right hypocrisy does not work.
I wrote a long a*s reply and you said it much better in a few words. Salute.

What's the elusive proof that PTI needs to provide? Hold elections and you'll see if the people are convinced and willing to give another chance

Turkish military was always taking stand and interfering for Ataturk's policy and vision

In the end they had some wisdom and decided not to go on a full scale war against people

Who's vision and policy our lumber one have been following?
And these mfs will kill thousands of civilians again to keep power in their hand

The difference now is that we are looking for some mutiny, some rebellion, some coup in the Pakistan Army so that people rights are not infringed and they killed just for speaking against the regime change brought up by the Army. And a pro people General as COAS is appointed and not a pro PMLN and a Sharif lapdog, read intl' establishment pick.

And here the Army is shrewd and cunning, the Generals, they are using the politicians who were against IK as proxies and they being their puppets.

Situation is very different from Turkey...

Back
Top Bottom