What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

Once a malaysian delegation came to a well known hotel in Delhi and asked the hotel authority not to have pork in their kitchen till their stay in the hotel.

Is pork commonly consumed in India?

And many of my muslim friends refrain from eating in international airlines because they serve pork also.

Fact: No airline serves pork.

At least, your so called Muslim friends didn't prohibited others to eat pork!!!!!

At least, your so called Muslim friends didn't prohibited others to eat pork!!!!!

Coorg, Goa, the north east, yes. Other parts, far less. The most common meat, I suspect, is chicken; mutton follows, then beef, pork the least. I have no figures to back this up, and am feeling too lazy to look.

if osmania university holds a pork and beef festival then it makes a secular decision and we support it. Otherwise as usual they are resorting to natural oppressive behaviour to minority. I remember in my college in malappuram (muslim management college) people asking me not to wear the thread on my hand . I was not very fond of that but just for that i kept it through 4 years.

Not common culture but many people eat.

I never traveled but my friends told me that.

There are many things that you may not have heard about. Doesn't mean that they don't exist.
It was not in the university canteen, but in a hostel canteen where 1,200 Dalit students were resident. They were attacked by outsiders who were not hostel members.
Try not to act smart. Read the facts first.

I know Hindus sacrifice buffaloes but living and growing up with every type of people in India, never heard or seen that Dalits ever eat cow's Beef. And University canteen or Hostel canteen both are common kitchens you misunderstood my point.

Not common culture but many people eat.

I never traveled but my friends told me that.

I know Hindus sacrifice buffaloes but living and growing up with every type of people in India, never heard or seen that Dalits ever eat cow's Beef. And University canteen or Hostel canteen both are common kitchens you misunderstood my point.

It is quite possible that I misunderstood you, in which case I should apologise. But it is only fair to ask you to read about the original incident in full before coming to any conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom