What's new

OSINT on Indian Military Installments, Indian forces & Indian Military Assets

Aerial_View_of_Leh_Kushok_Bakula_Rinpoche_Airport_%28IXL%29_Ladakh_Jammu_%26_Kashmir_India.jpg

sony-leh-airport-and-city-dsc04197-jpg.594691

0d1505f6734526a993bec89d57fa55e8.jpg

Leh airport / airbase....
capacity to hold almost a squadron strength of fighters under protection, rest couple of big tarmacs available where more fighter aircraft can be parked...in the open...

The C17 Globemasters, they are not bringing in rations etc...these essential supplies are already stocked in the area for supporting a surge.....in my opinion C17s are actually bringing in all what IAF requires, which includes munitions of all types for fixed and rotary aircraft both, spares etc....

Reports are there of C17s, SU30s, Mig29s, AH-64, Chinooks...
View attachment 643149
This AH64 is not flying with its combat load, i dont know whether the cannon is armed or not......but atleast missiles are not visible......either he is flying around for orientation, recce (should be armed recce) or maybe their ROEs arent allowing them to escalate....

Moreover, judging from the reporter's locations, hes standing on the south / south eastern side of the base, therefore this AH-64 is facing towards the west flying taking off...Ghalwan is towards the Northeast of Leh...of course it could be taking a longer circuit towards wherever it is going....

Leh base to Ghalwan area is almost 100 km(crow flight), combat radius of AH64 is a bit less than 500 km, out of which 200 km are for going there and coming back....

View attachment 643151
Mig29 taking off while AH64 waits for its turn.

Some random thoughts.
not sure about complete squadron under protection... they have a total of 8 hardened aircraft shelters there of two different sizes. i am sure about two which can accomodte just 1 aircraft. remaining six have entries on both sides. but even those are unlikely to be able to house 2x fighters.

not sure about complete squadron under protection... they have a total of 8 hardened aircraft shelters there of two different sizes. i am sure about two which can accomodte just 1 aircraft. remaining six have entries on both sides. but even those are unlikely to be able to house 2x fighters.

I calculated at 75% serviceability rate.

Never thought I would see this
FIoiPc9VUAQN7Xk

The P-18M VHF radar in Ladakh
(Image shared by IAF on Twitter)
These were part of the Dvina regiments, the Dvinas were retired in the 90s
VHF is supposed to be better against LO targets though so makes sense to see them in service there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom