What's new

Oppositions, freedom fighters decry India’s ‘Akhand Bharat’ mural

By implementing Akhand Bharat, India will likely shoot itself in the foot. The percentage of Muslim population in Akhand Bharat will be around 36%, whereas Hindu population will be around 62%. Dream of Hindu rashtra will be finished forever and the state will behave and function more like an Islamic state.

And I hope they want to include Afghanistan in Akhand Bharat too.....will need a lot of good luck. :lol:

1685433487340-png.932283

Last edited:
One interesting thing is hardly any major media did not publish the news. I have found it in New Age and Prothom Alo only. But prothom alo did not share the news in their Facebook.

By implementing Akhand Bharat, India will likely shoot itself in the foot. The percentage of Muslim population in Akhand Bharat will be around 36%, whereas Hindu population will be around 62%. Dream of Hindu rashtra will be finished forever and the state will behave and function more like an Islamic state.

And I hope they want to include Afghanistan in Akhand Bharat too.....will need a lot of good luck. :lol:

1685433487340-png.932283
If at some point people of subcontinent were converted to Islam, they could convert themselves back to native religions when they take pride in native religions. Hinduism has to achieve greatness for this to be achieved but it is a bit of very long term goal.

If at some point people of subcontinent were converted to Islam, they could convert themselves back to native religions when they take pride in native religions. Hinduism has to achieve greatness for this to be achieved but it is a bit of very long term goal.
Islam did not came from outer space propagated by aliens. It is a native religion from our mother Earth.

What is considered native varies person to person. You consider Hinduism, a native religion because you consider entire India is your native homeland. While people in Bangladesh like me consider only those things native which originated in Bengal. In this sense, Hinduism is not a native religion of Bangladesh or even entire Bengal region, because Hinduism was developed in north-west India. Far away from Bengal.

You BJP-RSS bhakts should come our of this delusion that, at some point of future, there will be a large scale conversion(or ghar wapasi as you call) to hinduism by sub-continental Muslims as a prelude of establishing Akhand Bharat. It will never happen. If Islam ever weaken, it will loose it's adherence to atheism and agnosticism, just like Western societies undergone from Christianity. But that to happen, Hindus also need to become agonstic and atheist and stop identifying as Hindu. As long as Hindutva identity politics alive in the Sub-Continent and talk of Akhand Bharat, there is no chance that Muslims in this region will abandon their identity as a Muslim like what happened among the Western Christians. Here religion, identity and nationalism are closely linked, unlike the Western countries.

Last edited:
Fresh graduate from BJP Bhakt school !

Not happening. Adherents of Abrahamic religions converting to idolatry is impossible. It is the most fundamental concept of Abrahamic religions to separate themselves from idolatry and even destroying and converting idolaters to monotheism as a sacred duty. So impossible. But hey if you want to bet on a long term prospect of converting Muslims back to Hinduism and achieve Akhand Bharat as a Hindu Rashtra, I say give it a try. There will be a rude awakening and it will hurt.

Last edited:
The government's obsession with Akhand Bharat is inversely proportional to its ability to achieve it. Already people dream so much about what they don't have - money, life and $ex, I don't know why they keep rubbing it in more and more.

I don't think they are planning to add you guys💀.

In all seriousness, it's the map of the Ashoka Empire at its zenith. The names of the places and the lion statue were a dead giveaway.

People can mellow down something like in Europe

But once you're part of abrahamic faiths you never "go back to your native religion"

Last edited:
Islam did not came from outer space propagated by aliens. It is a native religion from our mother Earth.

What is considered native varies person to person. You consider Hinduism, a native religion because you consider entire India is your native homeland. While people in Bangladesh like me consider only those things native which originated in Bengal. In this sense, Hinduism is not a native religion of Bangladesh or even entire Bengal region, because Hinduism was developed in north-west India. Far away from Bengal.

You BJP-RSS bhakts should come our of this delusion that, at some point of future, there will be a large scale conversion(or ghar wapasi as you call) to hinduism by sub-continental Muslims as a prelude of establishing Akhand Bharat. It will never happen. If Islam ever weaken, it will loose it's adherence to atheism and agnosticism, just like Western societies undergone from Christianity. But that to happen, Hindus also need to become agonstic and atheist and stop identifying as Hindu. As long as Hindutva identity politics alive in the Sub-Continent and talk of Akhand Bharat, there is no chance that Muslims in this region will abandon their identity as a Muslim like what happened among the Western Christians. Here religion, identity and nationalism are closely linked, unlike the Western countries.
For your last couple Paras
Here's my relationship with Hindusim as a non Muslim (although I identify with a "Muslim identity" within the scope of South Asia)

- I respect Hindu intellectuals, kingdoms, education centers, linguists etc etc as part of our heritage- I am proud of em as they're "my people" and thier contributions to humanity is our contribution to humanity
Just like I respect Buddhist, Zoroastrian ancestors

But now "my people" are mostly Muslims and Islam is what my people practice, identify as
My loyalty first and foremost is to my people

Thus in it's current form most Hindu people are antagonist towards my people and I have to stand shoulder to shoulder with em and protect our way of life and shape our society the way we want to shape it
Almost 70-80% irreligious, agnostic folks I have seen from my country hold a somewhat similar view to that of mine

I may not be comfortable with a lot of things happening in my country in the name of relgion but I'd prefer a normal practicing Pakistani Muslim to any foreigner

So no even if our region mellows down with relgion in our personal lives it still "part of our identity" - just like it was in Communist Yugoslavia, we'll always stick with each other based on our identity

Last edited:
Lol. My comment has riled up many. My only suggestion was that for India to achieve Akhand Bharat, it has to reach great heights culturally, economically and militarily. It cannot be done otherwise.

And all those who are commenting about Muslims cannot go back to idolatry, anything is possible given time (read generations). You may see it inconceivable today as you have grown up immersed in religion. But just as YouTubers from Pakistan make videos for Indian consumption for economic reasons or Pakistan army signs on cease fire agreement and actually adhere to it for the first time for military reasons, or Bangladeshis celebrating Durga puja for cultural reasons, things can happen when people see the changing world.

This combination of economic, cultural and military ascendency must coincide with decline of the same in countries professing abrahamic religions in the subcontinent. This is a generational project and many things could go wrong on the way. I also understand that it could be seen as far fetched at this time.

I am not proponent of this, but just see this as a side effect of possible Bharat's ascendancy.

Lol. My comment has riled up many. My only suggestion was that for India to achieve Akhand Bharat, it has to reach great heights culturally, economically and militarily. It cannot be done otherwise.

And all those who are commenting about Muslims cannot go back to idolatry, anything is possible given time (read generations). You may see it inconceivable today as you have grown up immersed in religion. But just as YouTubers from Pakistan make videos for Indian consumption for economic reasons or Pakistan army signs on cease fire agreement and actually adhere to it for the first time for military reasons, or Bangladeshis celebrating Durga puja for cultural reasons, things can happen when people see the changing world.

This combination of economic, cultural and military ascendency must coincide with decline of the same in countries professing abrahamic religions in the subcontinent. This is a generational project and many things could go wrong on the way. I also understand that it could be seen as far fetched at this time.

I am not proponent of this, but just see this as a side effect of possible Bharat's ascendancy.

No amount of "economic, cultural and military ascendency coincide with decline of the same in countries professing abrahamic religions in the subcontinent" will make people of Abrahamic faiths going back to idolatry. You can debate the same for the sake of debate but it's not happening. It is far fetched NOT for the present time, it's far fetched forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom