What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

I believe it does. More than most Pakistanis would like to acknowledge. But I will leave that for a different discussion. On the choice of era, I think while the hostility between Afghanistan and Pakistan had been there from Day 1, the level of engagement and blatancy of interference changed significantly after 1980's so equating the pre soviet era to the post one, is no less of a misrepresentation than totally ignoring it.
Except you're wrong again.

First, I'd like to say that Pakistanis do have problem acknowledging certain bitter truths, such as Bangladesh's separation, but the fact is that India-Pakistan history is not similar to Afghan-Pakistan history. The comparison is only cosmetic at best.

It's not about what you think, it's about historical facts, what you think is completely irrelevant. Afghanistan started this and intensified it, Pakistan retaliated when the Soviets started supporting Afghanistan against Pakistan.

I'll just end the conversation with this, historical facts don't care about your personal views, you cannot change history to suit your narrative. The best you can do is acknowledge facts, and keep them in mind, so you don't lose sight of what's right and what's wrong.

The number is yet low because the Ground operation will be launched onwards tomorrow.

Until now only the airstrikes are on offensive.The Ground operation was suppose to be launched today but one more day was given to the local to evacuate.

With Hafiz Gul bahadur,haqqani and TTP combined.The potential of terrorist is in excess of 5,000.Expect 3000+ of them to be killed and the later will escape

My favourite page

Real Balochs vs Fake Balochs | Facebook
It is impossible to verify The claims of ISPR, due to absence of media there. Since months, claims of deaths of several dozens uzbeks are made in each air strikes, they should have been eliminated by now. But those reports seem believable which are saying that foriegners already fled NW before operation.
TTP is not exactly holding the territory of NW , according to reports, most of them have also fled along with their entire leadership. Haqqanis never wanted to fight with pakistan to begin with, they were probably in contacts with military before op and most probably they were allowed to leave the area silently. The one who pak army is going to face, is hafiz gul bahadur and his men, and we dont know what are his capabilities ,strength and fighting style, he did kill more than 60 pak army soldiers in one ambush , at exactly the same spot where his grandfather ambushed british army and killed their 53 soldiers.
The only operations where TTP really lost huge number of fighters, was in swat. They tried to fight like a regular army. Unlike TNSM of swat, battle hardened tribal taliban, instinctively go for stretagic retreat, whenever they are at disadvantage and over-powered. In south waziristan operation, ISPR made the claim of deaths of some two thousands TTP fighters. But the reality is, they found no significance resistance from TTP. Except occasional gun firing and IEDs, TTP had already fled to other areas.

Massive search operation underway in Swat, #KPK after imposing curfew there #ZarbEAzb

Pakistan Army troops deployed in 'sensitive' areas of Multan and Dera Ghazi Khan Divisions, Southern Punjab #ZarbEAzb

Massive search operation underway in Swat, #KPK after imposing curfew there #ZarbEAzb

Pakistan Army troops deployed in 'sensitive' areas of Multan and Dera Ghazi Khan Divisions, Southern Punjab #ZarbEAzb

Have any of these TTP scum fled to Swat from NW? If so, this might be good because we already know swat fairly well and have presence there so it'll be easy to hunt and dispatch the scums to hell.

Have any of these TTP scum fled to Swat from NW? If so, this might be good because we already know swat fairly well and have presence there so it'll be easy to hunt and dispatch the scums to hell.

I find it quite worrying actually because it means we cleared Sawat but couldn't keep it clear.

Except you're wrong again.

First, I'd like to say that Pakistanis do have problem acknowledging certain bitter truths, such as Bangladesh's separation, but the fact is that India-Pakistan history is not similar to Afghan-Pakistan history. The comparison is only cosmetic at best.

It's not about what you think, it's about historical facts, what you think is completely irrelevant. Afghanistan started this and intensified it, Pakistan retaliated when the Soviets started supporting Afghanistan against Pakistan.

I'll just end the conversation with this, historical facts don't care about your personal views, you cannot change history to suit your narrative. The best you can do is acknowledge facts, and keep them in mind, so you don't lose sight of what's right and what's wrong.
While I dont agree, will leave this for a different discussion since that is really not the core of this thread.

It is impossible to verify The claims of ISPR, due to absence of media there. Since months, claims of deaths of several dozens uzbeks are made in each air strikes, they should have been eliminated by now. But those reports seem believable which are saying that foriegners already fled NW before operation.
TTP is not exactly holding the territory of NW , according to reports, most of them have also fled along with their entire leadership. Haqqanis never wanted to fight with pakistan to begin with, they were probably in contacts with military before op and most probably they were allowed to leave the area silently. The one who pak army is going to face, is hafiz gul bahadur and his men, and we dont know what are his capabilities ,strength and fighting style, he did kill more than 60 pak army soldiers in one ambush , at exactly the same spot where his grandfather ambushed british army and killed their 53 soldiers.
The only operations where TTP really lost huge number of fighters, was in swat. They tried to fight like a regular army. Unlike TNSM of swat, battle hardened tribal taliban, instinctively go for stretagic retreat, whenever they are at disadvantage and over-powered. In south waziristan operation, ISPR made the claim of deaths of some two thousands TTP fighters. But the reality is, they found no significance resistance from TTP. Except occasional gun firing and IEDs, TTP had already fled to other areas.

So you trust in media more?

I find it quite worrying actually because it means we cleared Sawat but couldn't keep it clear.

There's that too. Have we figured out why there's a search operation in Swat though and on what intelligence reports is the operation being conducted on?

It will end with an all out defeat for the army,they will try their best to come out with excuses,They are actually already making them up and seriously speaking who believes in the ISPR figures...300 killed ? give me a break
why dont you take a break and dont post your silly comments here ? :crazy:

10492460_646335158781533_203956983446862207_n.jpg

Naib Subedar Alamgir Shaheed (Frontier Corps)

Multan- Pakistan Army troops have been deployed in different districts of Southern Punjab in. Reports said the troops, including contingents of Quick Reaction Force, Rapid Action Force, were moved from Multan cantonment today, to be deployed in different areas of the province in the wake of possible reaction of military’s Zarb-e-Azb operation.

The Inter Services Public Relation (ISPR) said that in the backdrop of terror incidents in reaction of Zarb-e-Azb feared in southern Punjab, security has been put on high alert, while the troops equipped with modern weapons and a passion to face Himalyan challenges have been sent to the different districts of DIK and Multan for immediate deployment and to thwart any likely attempt from the terrorists. The contingents of troops constituting of Quick Reaction Force and Rapid Reaction Force are fully capable of meeting any emergency situation, ISPR said. The joint operation has also been formed by Pakistan Army and police to coordinate and monitor operations. Besides, a joint operation and coordination centre headed by Major General Hasnat Amir has been set up, where the officers of police, civil administration and sensitive organizations along with the army would be available for the security in Multan, DIK, and Sahiwal divisions.

Army deployed in southern Punjab

I was reading an article on BBC about this operation.

BBC News - Pakistan army Waziristan offensive: 350,000 displaced

Most of us know by now that there's no winning with that particular media outlet as they'll find fault no matter what is done. Usual cheap journalists who must criticize which ever action is taken.

Few things caught my eye:

The army said at least 160 militants had been killed since it began air strikes on militant targets in Shawal and other areas of North Waziristan last Sunday.

There is no independent media access to the area and no way of confirming the casualty figures.

Isn't the army claiming that the number of militants killed is roughly double the number BBC is saying? And mind you, this BBC article is fairly new (i.e. few hours before this post)..

North Waziristan has a population of almost seven million. Officials say approximately 80% of the population is still living in the area as the military strikes escalate.

Seven million population? I thought it's closer to 8 lakh, i.e. 0.8 million. And are they pulling that 80% figure out of their arse?

Several refugees told the BBC they felt angry at the military for bombing their homes.

And if they asked several other refugees I bet they'd hear support for the government operation. But of course that never happens.

Looks like the refugee evacuation has not been as quick as it was hoped early on.

The proper op with boots on the ground and influx of Army was supposed to start today or yesterday...but the deadline has been extended and curfew is going to be relaxed tomorrow as well.

Army giving more time for IDPs to relocate.

It would be interesting to see what strategy the Army takes for this op. As Zaid Hamid (yeah I know), said yesterday, will the Army go for door to door or mass bombings? I would personally recommend bombing the whole place to kingdom come (Arty and air power) then bring in the troops. Would result in lower casualties.

Operation Zarb-e-Azab : 21st June Developments - PKKH.tv

a.jpg

After targeting tehsil Miranshah, Mir Ali and other areas of North Waziristan, PAF jet fighters flattened the militant’s bastions in Khyber Agency. The officials of National Database Registration Authorities (NADRA) remained busy in the process of registration of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). The total of 23,816 displaced families have been registered until yesterday noon, 1215 hours.

Casualties

Another 30 militants were killed today in early morning targeted strikes of PAF jet fighters in the areas of Khyber Agency and North Waziristan.

According to ISPR, at 2:00 am yesterday, Jet fighters of Pakistan Air Force pounded two militant hideouts near Pak-Afghan border in Khyber Agency and killed at least 10 terrorists.

The second attack was made at 5:00 am in which three militant hideouts were destroyed and at least 15 militants were killed in the Hassu Khel area of North Waziristan.

Once again, ISPR clarified that there was no civil population in the areas that have been targeted in air sorties.

Internally Displaced Persons (IDP)

The three day relaxation in curfew was extended for two more day; the deadline for the evacuation of civilians in North Waziristan now extended till Sunday to ensure that all the stranded civilians could migrate towards safer areas.

The officials of FATA Disaster Management Authority (FDMA) claimed that until yesterday, the total number of families registered by the authorities numbered 23,816. The breakup of figures suggests that 74,312 males, 91,195 females, 127,758 children were classified as family. Other than the families, 293,265 individuals were also registered in IDP camps.

After completion of the NADRA verification procedures every IDP family was given allowances of Rs.12000 for food assistance.

Other Developments

On the recommendations forwarded by the intelligence agencies, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif instructed Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to suspend the roaming service for all Afghan telecommunication networks in Pakistan.

Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar said that the sensitivity of the situation demands extra ordinary security measures and instructed police/security agencies to review the overall security of the federal capital.

Contributing Reporter: Atiq Durrani

Source PKKH.tv

Back
Top Bottom