What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Search Operation in Rawalpindi, Taxila, 31 suspects incl one most wanted criminal held, weapons recovered #Islamabad

LEAs raid a place in Lahore, arrest a suspect, hails from Wana, recover SIMs, fake ID cards, Camera

Press Release
No PR138/2014-ISPR Dated: June 21, 2014

Rawalpindi - June 21, 2014: 30 x terrorists were killed in targeted strikes by jet aircrafts in Khyber and North Waziristan Agencies early morning today. According to details at 0200 hours Jet aircrafts destroyed two hideouts close to Pak- Afghan border in Khyber agency killing 10 terrorists.

At 0500 hours 3 x hideouts were destroyed in Hassu Khel in North Waziristan Agency killing 20 x Terrorists. All strikes were made in areas where there is no civil population.

Rangers killed 5 terrorists and arrested 50 terrorists of various banned outfits in Karachi yesterday , including Jaish-e-Muhammad and TTP .

All ranks of Pakistan Army will donate one day pay for IDPs of North Waziristan Agency. Army will also donate ration for their displaced tribal brethren of North Waziristan Agency to meet their immediate needs for next thirty days. ISPR Official

Operation Zarb-e-Azb Update:

15 June 2014 (150 terrorists killed, 3 soldiers injured)

=> 140 terrorists ,mostly Uzbeks, were killed when PAF jets targeted 8 militant hideouts in Degan & Boya areas of Dattakhel Tehsil.
Source: ISPR

=> Three soldiers were injured in an IED explosion followed by firing by terrorists in Mir Ali Tehsil.
Sources: ISPR / Dawn

=> 7 fleeing terrorists were killed on the outskirts of Mir Ali while as In a separate sniper action by Special Service Group 3 terrorists were killed, while laying IEDs close to Miranshah. Source: ISPR

16 June 2014 (37 terrorists killed | 8 soldiers martyred, 4 others injured)

=> Airstrikes targeted six militant hideouts in Shawal area killing 27 terrorists. Source: AP

=> 6 soldiers embraced martyrdom while 3 were injured due to an IED explosion between Afghan border and Ghulam Khan Tehsil of NWA. Source: ISPR

=> In Mir Ali, 7 Terrorists were killed in exchange of fire when trying to flee from cordoned off area. 2 soldiers also embraced martyrdom. Sources: ISPR / Dawn

=> 3 terrorists were killed while fleeing from the cordoned off area in Miranshah. 1 soldier got injured in exchange of fire. Source:ISPR

17 June 2014 (25 terrorists killed)

=> Around Hasokhel area of Mir Ali, 6 Terrorist’s hideouts including a training camp and an IED making factory were destroyed in airstrikes by jet aircraft. 25 terrorists were killed. Source: ISPR

18 June 2014 (15 terrorists killed)

=> 15 terrorists were killed in Zartatangi mountain heights (east of Miranshah) by Army's Cobra gunship helicopters when they were spotted. Source: ISPR

19 June 2014* (8 terrorists killed)

=> In sniper action, 8 Uzbek terrorists were killed around Miranshah while planting IEDs on Miranshah - Mir Ali road. Source: ISPR

20 June 2014 (12 terrorists killed)

=> 3 terrorist hideouts in Qutab Khel area (on the outskirts of Miranshah) were destroyed by Army's Cobra gunship helicopters. 12 Terrorists including foreigners were killed. Source: ISPR

21 June 2014 (20 terrorists killed)

=> At 5:00 a.m., Pakistani fighter jets targeted 3 terrorist hideouts in Hassu Khel area of North Waziristan Agency killing 20 terrorists. Source: ISPR

What I find incredible is that if you replace Pakistan with India and Afghanistan with Pakistan in your narrative, the shoe fits pretty well there too. Any way, I was more referring to post Soviet era when Pakistan first started using Taliban to assert its control over Afghanistan.

Except, it really doesn't fit at all, because history shows that the situation is different. It's also not my narrative, it's history's narrative.

I know you were referring to post-Soviet era, which I mentioned is the entire problem. This entire situation started way before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, ignoring that is misrepresenting history.

شہریوں کا روپ دھار کر بھاگنے والے 27مشتبہ دہشت گرد ہلاک

ا سلام آباد( مانیٹرنگ ڈیسک) آئی ڈی پیز کے بھیس میں فرار ہونے کی کوشش کرنے والے 27 مشتبہ دہشت گردوں کو بھی فورسز نے حراست میں لے لیا ہے ۔ ترجمان پاک فوج کے مطابق جمعہ کی صبح فوج کے کوبرا گن شپ ہیلی کاپٹر نے میرانشاہ کے علاقے قطب خیل میں دہشت گردوں کے تین ٹھکانوں کو تباہ کیا اس کارروائی میں بعد ازاں آرٹلری اور ماہر نشانہ بازوں نے بھی حصہ لیا اور12 دہشت گردوں کو ہلاک کردیا جن میں غیر ملکی بھی شامل تھے ۔ ان ٹھکانوں پر موجود بھاری مقدار میں اسلحہ اور ایمونیشن بھی تباہ کر دیا گیا ۔ ترجمان نے بتایا کہ ضرب عضب آپریشن طے شدہ پلان کے تحت آگے بڑھایا جا رہا ہے دہشت گردان علاقوں سے نکلنے کی پوری کوشش کر رہے ہیں جہاں ان کے گرد محاصرہ کیا گیا ہے فرار کی چھ کوششیں جمعرات کی رات گئے نا کام بنائی گئیں ۔فورسز نے تین مقامی افراد کو حراست میں لیا جن کے پاس ان کی شناخت کا کوئی ثبوت نہیں تھا اور وہ بھی علاقے سے نکلنے کی کوشش کر رہے تھے جبکہ میر علی اور میرانشاہ میں قائم چیک پوسٹوں سے بھی 27 مشتبہ افرد کو حراست میں لیا گیا ہے جو کہ متاثرین کے بھیس میں فرار ہونے کی کوشش کر رہے تھے ۔ ترجمان نے کہا کہ متاثرین کا انخلاءمنظم انداز میں جاری ہے اور لوگ شمالی وزیرستان سے ایف آر بنوں کی طرف آر ہے تھے اب تک دو لاکھ افراد علاقہ چھوڑ کر یہاں آگئے ۔بکا خیل بنوں میں قائم آئی ڈی پی کیمپ میں گیارہ خاندانوں کو رجسٹرڈ کیا گیا ہے ترجمان نے بتایا کہ چار سو افغان خاندان شمالی وزیرستان ایجنسی سے افغانستان واپس چلے گئے ہیں ان کی واپسی غلام خان بارڈر کے ذریعے ہوئی ہے۔

شہریوں کا روپ دھار کر بھاگنے والے 27مشتبہ دہشت گرد ہلاک

I actually supported it, since long. But i was of opinion that both good and bad taliban should be targated. Supporting people like sajna, creates the impression in the 'awam' that pak army is playing double games and is not sincere. I also raised the question that why haqqani network was spared (and supported) when they are involved in the Afghanistan with exactly same tactics like TTP e.g suicide bombings, assassinations, blast at civilians etc.
I was also of opinion that full scale military operation, after full evacuation of civilians, is preferable to surgical and reteliatory strikes in the presence of population which causes huge collateral damages. Moreover NW was a mess, as it had large presence of military as well as militants, due to which life there was paralyzed due to curfews, collateral damages etc.
I also have different views on drone strikes compared to you folk. I have always considered drone strikes 100 times better than jet bombardments. I was the first one on this forum to claim that people of waziristan are not against highly precised drone strikes but reteliatory military strikes and shellings. Both ayaz wazir and rustam shah mohmand, with whom i have contacts, share this views with me.
I am of opinion that this op, would be success on pattren of SW op 2009, but it wont end TTP. It is war of decades and the roots of it are madrassas and poverty.
This approach , naturally, would gave me label of being terrorist supporter and traitor in a fauji forum.
Good that you have clarified your views, because quite frankly I was getting the impression that you were totally opposed to the North Waziristan operation.

Except, it really doesn't fit at all, because history shows that the situation is different. It's also not my narrative, it's history's narrative.

I know you were referring to post-Soviet era, which I mentioned is the entire problem. This entire situation started way before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, ignoring that is misrepresenting history.

I believe it does. More than most Pakistanis would like to acknowledge. But I will leave that for a different discussion. On the choice of era, I think while the hostility between Afghanistan and Pakistan had been there from Day 1, the level of engagement and blatancy of interference changed significantly after 1980's so equating the pre soviet era to the post one, is no less of a misrepresentation than totally ignoring it.

Operation Zarb-e-Azb Update:

15 June 2014 (150 terrorists killed, 3 soldiers injured)

=> 140 terrorists ,mostly Uzbeks, were killed when PAF jets targeted 8 militant hideouts in Degan & Boya areas of Dattakhel Tehsil.
Source: ISPR

=> Three soldiers were injured in an IED explosion followed by firing by terrorists in Mir Ali Tehsil.
Sources: ISPR / Dawn

=> 7 fleeing terrorists were killed on the outskirts of Mir Ali while as In a separate sniper action by Special Service Group 3 terrorists were killed, while laying IEDs close to Miranshah. Source: ISPR

16 June 2014 (37 terrorists killed | 8 soldiers martyred, 4 others injured)

=> Airstrikes targeted six militant hideouts in Shawal area killing 27 terrorists. Source: AP

=> 6 soldiers embraced martyrdom while 3 were injured due to an IED explosion between Afghan border and Ghulam Khan Tehsil of NWA. Source: ISPR

=> In Mir Ali, 7 Terrorists were killed in exchange of fire when trying to flee from cordoned off area. 2 soldiers also embraced martyrdom. Sources: ISPR / Dawn

=> 3 terrorists were killed while fleeing from the cordoned off area in Miranshah. 1 soldier got injured in exchange of fire. Source:ISPR

17 June 2014 (25 terrorists killed)

=> Around Hasokhel area of Mir Ali, 6 Terrorist’s hideouts including a training camp and an IED making factory were destroyed in airstrikes by jet aircraft. 25 terrorists were killed. Source: ISPR

18 June 2014 (15 terrorists killed)

=> 15 terrorists were killed in Zartatangi mountain heights (east of Miranshah) by Army's Cobra gunship helicopters when they were spotted. Source: ISPR

19 June 2014* (8 terrorists killed)

=> In sniper action, 8 Uzbek terrorists were killed around Miranshah while planting IEDs on Miranshah - Mir Ali road. Source: ISPR

20 June 2014 (12 terrorists killed)

=> 3 terrorist hideouts in Qutab Khel area (on the outskirts of Miranshah) were destroyed by Army's Cobra gunship helicopters. 12 Terrorists including foreigners were killed. Source: ISPR

21 June 2014 (20 terrorists killed)

=> At 5:00 a.m., Pakistani fighter jets targeted 3 terrorist hideouts in Hassu Khel area of North Waziristan Agency killing 20 terrorists. Source: ISPR

Given the low number of terrorists killed it appears most have fled the area? If you compare it to Swat, where they were unable to escape and were consequently demolished, there were reports of 100s killed each day.

Given the low number of terrorists killed it appears most have fled the area? If you compare it to Swat, where they were unable to escape and consequently demolished, there were reports of 100s killed each day.

Ground operation has not started yet. The is the calm before the storm.

Given the low number of terrorists killed it appears most have fled the area? If you compare it to Swat, where they were unable to escape and were consequently demolished, there were reports of 100s killed each day.

The number is yet low because the Ground operation will be launched onwards tomorrow.

Until now only the airstrikes are on offensive.The Ground operation was suppose to be launched today but one more day was given to the local to evacuate.

With Hafiz Gul bahadur,haqqani and TTP combined.The potential of terrorist is in excess of 5,000.Expect 3000+ of them to be killed and the later will escape

What a hilarious facebook page :rofl:
Na Pak Murtad Army NO1 | Facebook

My favourite page

Real Balochs vs Fake Balochs | Facebook

Back
Top Bottom