What's new

Operation Trident and Python - 1971 , Did Navy take those losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right, currently we only have phalanx system, and it might not stop a Mach 2+ Brahmos.... something needs to be done

I think you are right, currently we only have phalanx system, and it might not stop a Mach 2+ Brahmos.... something needs to be done

F-22P have some point defence sams.But CIWS gatling guns and point defence sams are desperate last ditch defences usually.
One thing i notice among all members indo and pak is klub missile is underestimated..its a deadly missile..because it stays undetected for longer than brahmos.

Klub, known as sizzler, is a subsonic missile which sprints to Mach 2.8 in its terminal stage... pretty dangerous, alongwith Brahmos which comes ramming in at Mach 2+, i dont know what will stop it if it acquires target and launched....

Klub, known as sizzler, is a subsonic missile which sprints to Mach 2.8 in its terminal stage... pretty dangerous, alongwith Brahmos which comes ramming in at Mach 2+, i dont know what will stop it if it acquires target and launched....

Klub's main threat comes that its sea skimming for almost whole flight path,under radar envelope and by the time its makes its supersonic sprint its very close and reaction time is very low.Its terminal velocity is same as brahmos at 2.9 mach.
Navy Lacks Plan to Defend Against `Sizzler' Missile (Update1) - Bloomberg
Even us navy is worried about it.
I used to underestimate klub,but i see russia is putting klub on most of its newest ships in a combo with oniks[yakhont/brahmos]

Pakistan believes more in Moral victories and defeats rather than winning the war.

I agree, its like if India can punch then we can prick:)

There was a reason for Ghazi's deployment. In the hope of sinking Vikrant. Also the Ghazi was the only warship in the PN fleet that had the range to reach the East Coast unrefuelled. Though as a conventional sub of that vintage; that meant that she would have to surface frequently to reach there. Which she used to do at night. Also remember that she did that transit before hostilities commenced which was easier. After commencement of war operations; it would have been a very different "ball-game" for her to make that voyage.

That is the answer I was looking for. Yes it would have been suicidal to make such an attempt post war broke. But nonetheless it was a brave attempt that met a sad fate.

Klub's main threat comes that its sea skimming for almost whole flight path,under radar envelope and by the time its makes its supersonic sprint its very close and reaction time is very low.Its terminal velocity is same as brahmos at 2.9 mach.

Terminal Speed of Brahmos is not Mach 2.9 but Mach 6.5 ;) Check the link:

Brahmos achieves Mach 6.5 speed during test

Vanity is no attribute that attracts admiration. In fact, it can very well be an obstruction in the "quest to be factual" or objective.

i could have appeared modest, however humility(or vanity), like any other emotion, is a defect that breeds inaccuracy. especially when it comes to self analysis.

i could have appeared modest, however humility(or vanity), like any other emotion, is a defect that breeds inaccuracy. especially when it comes to self analysis.

That sure is a fancy explanation. But in time; you may grow up.

Terminal Speed of Brahmos is not Mach 2.9 but Mach 6.5 ;) Check the link:

Brahmos achieves Mach 6.5 speed during test

Especially when advertizing own equipment please learn to read about it.
The Brahmos that is operational achieves 2.9 mach..
The next brahmos version under test has achieved an airframe speed of 6.5...what range it has with this or otherwise is yet unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom