What's new

Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

I have talked with some swati guys, they are against building of any army cantontment in Swat.....aam taasur yahi hey key yey fauji cantt bana kar ilaqay ki zameeno par qabza shoro kar detay hain, kam qimat baichnay par majboor kartey hain, apne faujio ko land distribute karte hain waghaira waghaira.

the army cannot withdraw on orders of the KP govt for one, it can only be ordered by the fed govt and its not about to do this stupid act.

Malala got shot in the presence of Army in the swat. You cant keep army as gaurds in swat forever, and it is impossible for army to gaurd each and every inch of swat and stop every kind of attack or bomb blast from happening......PTI is going in right direction to solve TTP problem through peace talks.....

Since ... I dont know when But according to my experience and knowledge. Peace Talks are just talks They never work out .

the army cannot withdraw on orders of the KP govt for one, it can only be ordered by the fed govt and its not about to do this stupid act.

Both provincial and federal governments can ask for the military to aid civilian authorities within their respective jurisdictions, and the order to withdraw must also come from the sanctioning authority. In case of Swat for the present deployment, this is the Federal government.

@Leader, got anything to say on this?

This further reiterates my point that people of Swat are HIGHLY thankful of the Army.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are two perspective to this situation 1) what Govt. thinks is best about people and 2) what people think is best for them.

And i believe it should be in the hands of Govt to decide whats best for the people. Just because people dont like army, should we just disband the entire army or withdraw forces from Tribal area?no.

The part which many overlooked was "Army will be withdrawn in Phases" they will withdraw the army from areas which are clear now and peaceful. this is the area where PA has been performing the duties of LEA since the operation ended.

Now it is time that they should handover the area back to Civil Govt as it is their duty to do so.
Talking about LEA than Army even went to the limits of training Police in Anti Terrorist operation / AT Training. Civil govt need to take a firm stance on Policing and provide them with resources be it human or armoury.

Both provincial and federal governments can ask for the military to aid civilian authorities within their respective jurisdictions, and the order to withdraw must also come from the sanctioning authority. In case of Swat for the present deployment, this is the Federal government.

province has to request the fed govt for army aid to civilian admn.

I have talked with some swati guys, they are against building of any army cantontment in Swat.....aam taasur yahi hey key yey fauji cantt bana kar ilaqay ki zameeno par qabza shoro kar detay hain, kam qimat baichnay par majboor kartey hain, apne faujio ko land distribute karte hain waghaira waghaira.

There are complete reports and documentaries aired/running on the private TV channels besides countless articles in newspapers and eyewitness accounts in which the reporters/people interviewed dozens of people in different areas of Swat with residents explaining the barbaric rule of religious psychopaths and stories of horrors of Taliban control and expressed their gratefulness towards the army for rescuing them , even though it is their duty . So , where is this ' resentment ' and ' hate ' for the army coming from in people of Swat ? Are you sure that this ' interview ' with ' Swati guys ' doesn't take place in an Afghan refugee camp or wasn't made up and just a figment of imagination and the usual spewing of venom against the army by you ?

@Armstrong

I do not believe that the army is going anywhere from Swat soon and without making sure that the Taliban dont return in future .

@Armstrong....

i went to Swat a couple of times after that Operation....have couple of univ friends there....And believe me swat Nowdays is the most peaceful place in Pakistan....NO choree, dhaka zanee or snatching etc...you fire a bullet there be it aerial or for any purpose and Army will be there and there until they arrest the responsible person....At times People do get annoy with checkpoints but hey we do have them in Peshawar as well and you just get use to them....

I think its time for civil government to take charge army has cleared the mess.....much needed for some other places

There are complete reports and documentaries aired/running on the private TV channels besides countless articles in newspapers and eyewitness accounts in which the reporters/people interviewed dozens of people in different areas of Swat with residents explaining the barbaric rule of religious psychopaths and stories of horrors of Taliban control and expressed their gratefulness towards the army for rescuing them , even though it is their duty . So , where is this ' resentment ' and ' hate ' for the army coming from in people of Swat ? Are you sure that this ' interview ' with ' Swati guys ' doesn't take place in an Afghan refugee camp or wasn't made up and just a figment of imagination and the usual spewing of venom against the army by you ?

@Armstrong

I do not believe that the army is going anywhere from Swat soon and without making sure that the Taliban dont return in future .

Aqal gaas charnay gai hey. Issay hate nahi tahafuzaat kaha jata hey.

Aqal gaas charnay gai hey. Issay hate nahi tahafuzaat kaha jata hey.

Read your post again , see what message it conveys in what tone . Of course , these are reservations since the army hasn't built a cantonment yet but I can understand the underlying tone .

What you have written about the ' general impression of the residents of Swat ' is nothing but a sort of ' resentment ' and passive ' hate ' against the army .

Read your post again , see what message it conveys in what tone . Of course , these are reservations since the army hasn't built a cantonment yet but I can understand the underlying tone .

What you have written about the ' general impression of the residents of Swat ' is nothing but a sort of ' resentment ' and passive ' hate ' against the army .

I specifically asked about building of cantontment........logo ki raiey ka ahtiram karna seek, apney makhsus "fauji taasub" sey nikal kar har aik ko ghadaar ki nazar sey daikna bund kar......swatis love pakistan and pak army, but they think that stay of army is temperory and now they should return back after return of peace....and these people are very educated compared to tribals, they know what exactly is a cantontment and why it shouldnt be built in swat....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom