What's new

Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

The first thing to understand is that cantts are not built on 'purchased land' i.e. Army or govt willl not buy any land to built a cantt, it is not DHA(where land is purchased properly and then commercialized, and if someone feels dejected by DHAs and want to vomit more hate, i suggest him/her to go through this: Xeric's Primer: We Don’t Seek Benevolence, But Don’t Malign us Either – Part I

Govt land classified as A1, A2, A3, B1,B2, C1, C3 etc is utlized if a military setup is to be constructed.This already belong to GoP and had been further given to MinDef who further maintain it through cantt borads and cantt executive officers (CEOs).

A station HQ i.e. Military involvemnet will only happen once a cantt has been made and the area has been handed over to the military. This land is for all the services and not for only for te army. The purpose/utilization of land can be as follows:

- Land on which military installations are to b built

- Military residential areas

- Land required for training by military Etc etc

So no one is going to 'purcahse' the land from poor Swatis and deprive them of their rights. Yes, may be a piece here or there has to be purchased for the obvious reasons, but it wouldnt mean that te Army will b going on a shopping spree and forcing people to sell their land. (The taikedars paropagting this should hav opened theur beaks when Nawaz sharif purchased 1000s of acre of land near Changa Manga and forced people to sell it).

i dont understand why would anybody have an issue with a cantt? It is Pakistan's Army and it can be settled anywhere in Pakistan , the govt dont require sanctions and will not ask for permissions, but yes, people's reservtions, if any, must and will be looked into.

i remeber, when Pano Aqill cantt was being constructed, there was a time that tanks were placed to ward off the protestors, but if you ask Aqlians now, they cant imagine a life without the cantt as most of thier economy is dependant on tge cantt.

Nowshehra , a small town is only know because military presence in Arty School, Armour School, PAFAcademy etc. I remeber AC Nowshehra cribbing that 'yaar idhar Daewoo ka adda nahi hai, bari mushkik hoti hai anay janay mai', but the next time i went there, Daewoo had a terminal near arty school. Now we didnt ask for it, but then with military came people who woul travel, and thus now peopl of nowshehra had a facility which they had longed for but couldnt have it, though they tried thu best by approaching Daewoo from one channel to anotger.

Same is true for Okara, Daewoo terminal is near tge cantt gates, and not Okara city. Now haters might even take this as negative by saying that why isnt the terminal there in the city, but what they dont know is that the Army didnt ask for Daewoo, but Daewoo knows from where they can fill their seats, and thus even if they wee not redy to have a terminal in Okara city previously, but now out of compulsion they had to make on in Okara, though near the cantt. Still it is better than not having one, if you ask the people of Okara.

Stupid assertions like 'hey, Army will besige us', 'they will capture our land', etc are just propaganda waiting to fail, as there exists no such thing. It is just as people were fed lies that Army consumes 80% of national budget or Army officers are givn free of cost plots or they dont have to pay utility bills etc.

i would have expected better assertions from 'educated' people, but alas, that wasnt meant to happen.

Well said,Xeric....right on...such accusations indicate that either such people have lack of knowledge/misunderstandings about army's mechanism of work,performance and deployment.

In my previous posts i have already said that there should be an army cantt in malakand division.....i am not against army cantts, i am against role of police done by army.

In my previous posts i have already said that there should be an army cantt in malakand division.....i am not against army cantts, i am against role of police done by army.
Hmmm... right!

Ok, as i can see that you are unable to give me a guud reason, so i can safely assume that you have been performing the role of a thaikedar on behalf of Swatis and acting as BBC Aunty, a character that evey Pakistani mohalla ha in common who would 'transport', news, prooagandas, lies and BS from one house to another ;)

Ok, now you hve shifted your goal posts and hve an issue with the Army having a Policing role in Swat? Did i say, you seem like an educted person? Sorry, but i would hve to take it back. You blame Army for this too? O bhai ask the govt, both provincial and fed for it. Why would you single out the army when it has been 'ordered' to act as Police?

Now dont tell me that you arent pointing out the army, coz thats what you have been doing here. No one can question the Army in its role in Swat unless it misuses its authority which has been bestowed upon it through its Policing roles. You people gotta ask the lawmkers for that.

Army Cantts are a blessing to the local economy, they offer security and prosperity and are a highly desirable places for the civilain dwellings . they bring infrastructure and improve, health education and local commerce due to the chain effect of so many people moving in to the area who need all the usual necessities of life.

God Bless Pakistan
Pak Fauj ko Salam

Hmmm... right!

Ok, as i can see that you are unable to give me a guud reason, so i can safely assume that you have been performing the role of a thaikedar on behalf of Swatis and acting as BBC Aunty, a character that evey Pakistani mohalla ha in common who would 'transport', news, prooagandas, lies and BS from one house to another ;)

Ok, now you hve shifted your goal posts and hve an issue with the Army having a Policing role in Swat? Did i say, you seem like an educted person? Sorry, but i would hve to take it back. You blame Army for this too? O bhai ask the govt, both provincial and fed for it. Why would you single out the army when it has been 'ordered' to act as Police?

Now dont tell me that you arent pointing out the army, coz thats what you have been doing here. No one can question the Army in its role in Swat unless it misuses its authority which has been bestowed upon it through its Policing roles. You people gotta ask the lawmkers for that.

Major sahab army has completed its job in swat, no more is required the police role from them in the area, they are getting on people's nerve.

Major sahab army has completed its job in swat, no more is required the police role from them in the area, they are getting on people's nerve.
one, You are no one to assert that Army's job has been completed in Swat. If yiu want to, then reach that designation whi has the authority to make this decsion, alternatuvely convey your reservartions to the one who has been vested with this responsibility. Opening your beak without anythung guud and worthwhile to say will result in spanking.

Two, i dont refute that people of Swat will not be having problems becuase of military presence. i belive those Swatis who were dirdtly affectd by the TTP onslought would be having any issue with th army, only those bulgals whi having left swat years back and now coming back to see it filled with uniforms and 'interviewing' a certain lot and not having seen the horros of sword carrying mullahs firt hand are having problems with army presence. Still, i respect their reservations and feel for them, but then they dont have any right to blame the army for it, just go ask the facking govt instead.

Three, i am not a major, or may be i am a major or i may not even belong tothe Army and be a Naval Officer instead, in either case, you guys dont know a tosh about me. So, i would suggest you keep your brain waves in check and stop conveying a wrong messag to other readers.

Army Cantts are a blessing to the local economy, they offer security and prosperity and are a highly desirable places for the civilain dwellings . they bring infrastructure and improve, health education and local commerce due to the chain effect of so many people moving in to the area who need all the usual necessities of life.

God Bless Pakistan
Pak Fauj ko Salam
i think these people should visit CMH Okara, Quetta, Loralai, Nowshehra, Dera Nawab etc to see how thankful Pakistanis are.

one, You are no one to assert that Army's job has been completed in Swat. If yiu want to, then reach that designation whi has the authority to make this decsion, alternatuvely convey your reservartions to the one who has been vested with this responsibility. Opening your beak without anythung guud and worthwhile to say will result in spanking.

Two, i dont refute that people of Swat will not be having problems becuase of military presence. i belive those Swatis who were dirdtly affectd by the TTP onslought would be having any issue with th army, only those bulgals whi having left swat years back and now coming back to see it filled with uniforms and 'interviewing' a certain lot and having seen the horros of sword carrying mullahs firt hand are having problems with army presence. Still, i respect their reservations and feel for them, but then they dont have any right to blame the army for it, just go ask the facking govt instead.

Three, i am not a major, or may be one or may not even belong tothe Army and be a Naval Officer, in any case, you guys dont know a tosh about me. So, i would suggest you keep your brain waves in check and stop conveying a wrong messag to other readers.

i think these people should visit CMH Okara, Quetta, Loralai, Nowshehra, Dera Nawab etc to see how thankful Pakistanis are.

Ghusa kyun kartey ho pa ji?...,i am not sitting in your office, we are on a discussion forum. From lack of "bardash", your "jazbatipan", one can easily guess that you are either a fauji or belong to a fauji family....if you dont want to be a stereotypical fauji then participate in discussions forums only when you have the heart to listen to criticism on army without resorting to rudeness.
I dont know why @Armstrong was tagging you along with quality member like icarus who is a true think tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two, i dont refute that people of Swat will not be having problems becuase of military presence. i belive those Swatis who were dirdtly affectd by the TTP onslought would be having any issue with th army, only those bulgals whi having left swat years back and now coming back to see it filled with uniforms and 'interviewing' a certain lot and having seen the horros of sword carrying mullahs firt hand are having problems with army presence. Still, i respect their reservations and feel for them, but then they dont have any right to blame the army for it, just go ask the facking govt instead.

Three, i am not a major, or may be one or may not even belong tothe Army and be a Naval Officer, in any case, you guys dont know a tosh about me. So, i would suggest you keep your brain waves in check and stop conveying a wrong messag to other readers.

The cantts you have mentioned were built by british and they are since more than hundred years. Building a new cantt , especially in a PATA area is tricky part....
When fauji retires, he is bestowed upon the best lands in the area.....this should be discontinued.

Ghusa kyun kartey ho pa ji?...,i am not sitting in your office, we are on a discussion forum. From lack of "bardash", your "jazbatipan", one can easily guess that you are either a fauji or belong to a fauji family....if you dont want to be a stereotypical fauji then participate in discussions forums only when you have the heart to listen to criticism on army without resorting to rudeness.
I dont know why @Armstrong was tagging you along with quality member like icarus who is a true think tank.
Hmmm...so now having all said and done, you are going assess my personality, well guud luck ith that!

Better respond to my posts and not to the tone.

As they say , my personality is who i am, but my attitude depends on who you are. It isnt that hard to figure, or is it?

The cantts you have mentioned were built by british and they are since more than hundred years. Building a new cantt , especially in a PATA area is tricky part....
When fauji retires, he is bestowed upon the best lands in the area.....this should be discontinued.
Not all of them were biult back then. And building a cantt anywhere is not exactly that tricky as you want imply. People trust the Army more then ever these days.

Though it is a debate for another day, and i have already clarified it, but for the sake of it, not every fauji is given land, only a very few get it, most of them are battle honor winnera, and thos given are not given the 'best' land, but the most impoveeished one, mainting of which requires hell of an effort. Gen Ayub has hus land right in the LoC where no one want to plough it, a brigaedier jnown to me was given some land as he earned a Sitara, somewere near Mithi, Sindh where he had to take bank loans amouting to millions just to strighen it.

@Armstrong

I have fond memories of Swat, specially the experience of Marghazar and thrills of Malam Jabba......and was gutted when the ski resort was destroyed by the scum bags......one thing dismays me, be it Swat or Lal Masjid, why do authorities let the situation out of hand before exercising action......any how the bottom line is when you drive through Nowshera or Jhelum or any Army cantonment area you find yourself in a different Pakistan, the roads, the infrastructure, the manicured parks and gardens, the traffic discipline.....all in all vibrant and thriving locations, on top of that you have paramount security, I'll say any uniformed guy is a welcome guest in my house.

Try sticking to your arguments and stances , not shifting from ' 0 ' to ' 1 ' by every other post .

Otherwise , do not complain that your ' opinion ' is not being respected or taken seriously .

1011899_589921794371764_537217979_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom