What's new

Open war in the South China Sea

Nope. I'm not going to rehash all of my posts with reputable citations from other threads.

The French oil company ELF discovered 12th thru 15th century Chinese galleon shipwrecks off the coast of Borneo. I have asked you Vietnamese to show comparable physical proof to back up your claim of traversing the South China Sea. You have failed to provide a reputable citation for a SINGLE ancient Vietnamese shipwreck in the South China Sea.

The evidence proves China has discovered, claimed, and sailed the South China Sea for 2,000 years. There is no physical proof at all for a comparable claim by Vietnam. You Vietnamese are trespassers.

in Vietnam, hundreds of Chinese warships are kept at the Bach Dang river (year:937-938) ! Your ancestors did not dare to think that China's rivers:moil:

in Vietnam, hundreds of Chinese warships are kept at the Bach Dang river (year:937-938) ! Your ancestors did not dare to think that China's rivers:moil:

How dumb are you? We're not discussing rivers. We're talking about large ocean-sailing ships to traverse the South China Sea. Only China could build such ships.

You Vietnamese can only build river rafts. You were never in the South China Sea.

How many times do I have to keep telling you Indians that international guideline UNCLOS (which the U.S. refuses to recognize) specifically states that it does not pre-empt pre-existing 2,000-year-old Chinese historical territories from the Han Dynasty in the South China Sea?

1. Stop calling it a law. It is not a law. The U.S. does not recognize UNCLOS.

2. Article 15 of UNCLOS specifically exempts pre-existing historical claims from its guidelines (see citation below). Stop lying to people.

----------

UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF THE SEA

"Article15

Delimitation of the territorial sea between States with opposite or adjacent coasts

Where the coasts of two States are opposite or adjacent to each other, neither of the two States is entitled, failing agreement between them to the contrary, to extend its territorial sea beyond the median line every point of which is equidistant from the nearest points on the baselines from which the breadth of the territorial seas of each of the two States is measured. The above provision does not apply, however, where it is necessary by reason of historic title or other special circumstances to delimit the territorial seas of the two States in a way which is at variance therewith."

Maybe you should read this:

Lecture concludes China's historical claim to Panatag not enough
AMANDA LAGO, GMA NEWS June 5, 2012 11:44pm

Excerpt:

At a lecture held at the Ortigas Foundation Library Monday, the claims of China and the Philippines on the disputed Panatag Shoal were presented and examined by Beijing-based journalist Chito Sta. Romana, and lawyer Harry Roque respectively.

“Historically, [China says] that they discovered it and drew it into their map in the Yuan Dynasty, which is the 13th up to the 14th century," Sta. Romana explained.

“They say that in 1279, the Chinese astronomer Guo Shoujing performed a survey of the seas around China for the Mongolian emperor at that time, Kublai Khan," he added.

The veteran journalist also said China claims that the shoal, which they call Huangyan Island, has been, since ancient times, “a traditional fishing place for Chinese fishermen."

As for the Philippine claim, Roque said, “It’s historical, like China’s, except that it does not extend to as early as the 1300s."

“I discovered a 1724 map on deposit with the British library and I have procured a copy of that map, which in fact reflects that Scarborough Shoal is part of the Philippine archipelago. There is also a 1750 map and another chart, which gave the name Bajo de Masinloc to what is known as Scarborough," he explained.

However, Roque warned that in international tribunals, maps are often disregarded because “number one, the maps are inaccurate, number two, the names and titles found in maps are, more often than not, unreliable."

Historical claim not enough

Sta. Romana agreed, emphasizing that “a historical claim does not necessarily constitute a historical title to Scarborough Shoal. To prove that your claim should be with a title, you have to show that you exercised effective occupation and jurisdiction over a long period of time."

In that respect, according to both Sta. Romana and Roque, the Chinese claim falters.

“Discovery alone brings about only an inchoate right which still must be perfected through effective occupation. While China highlights that they discovered the island in 1200s, the earliest evidence of effective occupation that they would invoke is as late as 1935," Roque said.

He then went on to specify evidence of the Philippines invoking effective occupation, most obviously through the fishermen. He specified the regular patrols by the Philippine Navy and Air Force, as well as the apprehension by the Philippine Coast Guard of local and foreign fishermen who have been caught harvesting protected marine species.

Roque also mentioned military and weapon exercises and marine scientific experiments, and highlighted the construction of a lighthouse in 1965, that has since been destroyed in a typhoon.

“The building of a lighthouse is evidence that you are in the discharge of a sovereign function to promote safety of navigation," he said.

Lecture concludes China's historical claim to Panatag not enough | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

Question: Who have exercised effective occupation and jurisdiction over a long period of time over Scarborough shoal??? Answer: PHILIPPINES.

What China has is only historical claim and not historical title.

Reminder:

WikiLeaks said.

Cable 08BEIJING3499, sent to Washington by the US embassy in Beijing in September 9, 2008, said a Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) official and a local scholar could not identify specific historical records to justify China's "Nine Dashes" claim that covers the whole Spratlys and areas within other countries' exclusive economic zones (EEZs).

India is long way from the Indian ocean ?? You Americans are geographically challenged. Take a break from those girly TV reality shows, read some news papers :lol:

Sorry mate, as a senior member you should know it pretty well that he is not an American. Don't always fall for flags put up by PDF posters.

Since the name Australia is mentioned twice in the article, is the writer trying to draw her into the disputes or are the Indonesians just always have fixations on anything Australia?

Otherwise the article is quite balance albeit no ground breaking new ideas.

Well, I think because Australian is not Good Neighbor and now Australia let the US Building Base for US Marine in Darwin and give a Treat for Indonesia Especially Papua region

Maybe you should read this:

Lecture concludes China's historical claim to Panatag not enough
AMANDA LAGO, GMA NEWS June 5, 2012 11:44pm

Only HARD EVIDENCE counts

I will say this one last time, because you Filipinos seem quite retarded.

No one cares about words. We need PROOF. Proof means real hard PHYSICAL EVIDENCE that everyone can see, not some words you Filipinos cooked up.

Show me a Filipino shipwreck in the South China Sea that pre-dates the discovery by French oil company ELF of a 15th century Chinese galleon with tens of thousands of artifacts off the coast of Borneo.

If you can't, it proves Filipinos could not build ocean-sailing ships. You Filipinos are trespassers in the South China Sea.

Only HARD EVIDENCE counts

I will say this one last time, because you Filipinos seem quite retarded.

No one cares about words. We need PROOF. Proof means real hard PHYSICAL EVIDENCE that everyone can see, not some words you Filipinos cooked up.

Show me a Filipino shipwreck in the South China Sea that pre-dates the discovery by French oil company ELF of a 15th century Chinese galleon with tens of thousands of artifacts off the coast of Borneo.

If you can't, it proves Filipinos could not build ocean-sailing ships. You Filipinos are trespassers in the South China Sea.

There is Egyptian ship wreak in Southern Java, then the Southern Java is Egypt?
What Borneo? the name is Kalimantan, and you Right there is a lot Chinese Imigrant in Nortern Kalimantan and in my City too

There is Egyptian ship wreak in Southern Java, then the Southern Java is Egypt?
What Borneo? the name is Kalimantan, and you Right there is a lot Chinese Imigrant in Nortern Kalimantan

Are you an idiot? This thread is about the South China Sea.

I have no idea about Egyptian history or the Egyptian government's view. Take it up with them in their thread.

Your comment is a non-sequitur, which means it is completely unrelated to the topic under discussion.

I post about relevant Chinese history and the Chinese government's view. Egypt is completely unrelated to the South China Sea. How Egyptians choose to deal with their sovereignty claims is their business and I couldn't care less about their choices.

hei I just gave an example to you, who is Idiot here?

You're a newbie with 10 posts. I've been here for almost three years with 3,244 posts.

I suggest you read my reply again to understand the concept of non-sequitur.

----------

Are you an idiot? This thread is about the South China Sea.

I have no idea about Egyptian history or the Egyptian government's view. Take it up with them in their thread.

Your comment is a non-sequitur, which means it is completely unrelated to the topic under discussion.

I post about relevant Chinese history and the Chinese government's view. Egypt is completely unrelated to the South China Sea. How Egyptians choose to deal with their sovereignty claims is their business and I couldn't care less about their choices.

India is a nobody 100 years behind china in everything accept it and move on

Every time i see a new figure,

Like i said before, wasn't aware Chinese economy was $1.7 trillion in 1912 :lol:

Besides, must feel humiliating that a nation you perceive "nobody 100 years behind china" occupies Chinese claimed territory.

Back
Top Bottom