What's new

Op Rajeev - A battle that Broke enemy Adventurism in Siachen

@Bornubus

Nice read!! I as a civilian never came across such action filled real war writings. If you can pls tag me whenever possible!!
As for Banspati tins filled with stones.........maja a gaya!! Indian Jugad mind set!!

@Bornubus

Nice read!! I as a civilian never came across such action filled real war writings. If you can pls tag me whenever possible!!
As for Banspati tins filled with stones.........maja a gaya!! Indian Jugad mind set!!
thanks bro...i didn't knew all members...as for jugad ...its running India...quite successfully

Last edited:
Could someone from Pakistani side who is knowledgeable of this particular battle give our version of the story. Thanks.

I looked up this operation on wiki and the original poster posted bullshit. the operation was launched by the indian army to evict pak army troops from a strategic point overlooking Indian positions in the glacier the Indian initial mission consisisting of 10 Indian troops was wiped out , several unsucessful attempts followed it was only when the pak soldiers ran out of ammunition did the Indian side gain advantage and take the position. NO 300 pak soldiers didn't die the post only had 17 troops stationed at it. in 1995 the SSG under Musharraf attempted to retake the post but we're beaten back. I'm very skeptical about pak army claims half the shit they say I take with a pinch of salt but this crap about 500 pak troops attempting to take an Indian post when it was the other way round is just bullshit

I looked up this operation on wiki and the original poster posted bullshit. the operation was launched by the indian army to evict pak army troops from a strategic point overlooking Indian positions in the glacier the Indian initial mission consisisting of 10 Indian troops was wiped out , several unsucessful attempts followed it was only when the pak soldiers ran out of ammunition did the Indian side gain advantage and take the position. NO 300 pak soldiers didn't die the post only had 17 troops stationed at it. in 1995 the SSG under Musharraf attempted to retake the post but we're beaten back. I'm very skeptical about pak army claims half the shit they say I take with a pinch of salt but this crap about 500 pak troops attempting to take an Indian post when it was the other way round is just bullshit
This was a standalone Battle....the battle you mentioned (wiki source) took place few months back than this but overall comes under OP Rajiv and wiki only mentioned the battle in which Bana singh took part not the Pak COUNTER ATTACK.....this time IA was defender...and PA was attacker....read the DATES carefully.

Your army makes the same claim....that IA (Brigade size) strength....took 3 times to capture the Pak OP....so why double standards?

Last edited:
Its not unimaginable dear. Its called advantage of height. The person sitting on hilltop can effectivly handle and hold against much larger adversary. This is what happened in Kargil too when much more number of forces were needed to clear the vantage posts held by enemy.

8 men against a brigade size forces won o_O a bit toooooooooooo Faaaaaarrrrrrrrrr even for an indian are they sure the brigade consist of soldiers or they saw a few mountain goats or something and because of low vision in snow they thought a Pakistani brigade was there:rofl: and started firing blindly :guns:....... ROFL LMAO...........

@Bornubus

Jugad mind set is all right and heroic but what worries me that our deployed troops were out of ammunition and supplies. The army should be more focussed on the heroics in the war room than the battle ground.
The story brought goose pimples and I have read about Subedar Bana Singh. I feel that apart from other rewards and recognitions, the govt. should open a new high school in the name of a PVC winner in his native district.

Last edited:
Indian_Army_troops_guarding_siachen.jpg 21def12-722877.jpg 20080125siachen2.jpg Some Men & Equipment Took part in this OP

MI 26(pic not from siachen)

21def12-722877.jpg

SUB. Bana singh
20080125siachen2.jpg

Last edited:
I have read the above news report and it does not refer to the topic of this thread. Thanks anyway. I wanted to do an analysis of this thread and I wanted our version of this particular battle. So now I am going to do that. I don't expect everybody to agree with me but please feel free to criticize me.
When our commandos started the attack, they used radio communication. They should have been well aware that enemy can listen to their conversation if the enemy knows the frequencies. Assuming Indians won;t have the ability to hear their conversation was a deadly mistake. They should have maintained radio silence and launched this operation as a "fire and forget mode" kind of thing. If the indians could listen to their frequencies then they could also triangulate to their exact location and shoot them. The element of stealth was gone.
Today indians use drones for surveillance at Siachen glacier. If we are to launch any future operation in Siachen, then we must have the ability to shoot down the drones and deny the enemy an ability to look at us. That is if we ever decide to launch operations there. So it is in the best interest of India to sort this matter peacefully. If India thinks that it has the upper hand and it can do as it pleases then it better be prepared for surprises. So instead of the uneasy peace that we have today, we should strive for permanent peace.

I have read the above news report and it does not refer to the topic of this thread. Thanks anyway. I wanted to do an analysis of this thread and I wanted our version of this particular battle. So now I am going to do that. I don't expect everybody to agree with me but please feel free to criticize me.
When our commandos started the attack, they used radio communication. They should have been well aware that enemy can listen to their conversation if the enemy knows the frequencies. Assuming Indians won;t have the ability to hear their conversation was a deadly mistake. They should have maintained radio silence and launched this operation as a "fire and forget mode" kind of thing. If the indians could listen to their frequencies then they could also triangulate to their exact location and shoot them. The element of stealth was gone.
Today indians use drones for surveillance at Siachen glacier. If we are to launch any future operation in Siachen, then we must have the ability to shoot down the drones and deny the enemy an ability to look at us. That is if we ever decide to launch operations there. So it is in the best interest of India to sort this matter peacefully. If India thinks that it has the upper hand and it can do as it pleases then it better be prepared for surprises. So instead of the uneasy peace that we have today, we should strive for permanent peace.
Bravery Beyond comparison-Hony Capt Bana Singh | Page 2

plZ have a look ...some Pak posters(ex army) explained their side of story of this op ...before the Pak counter attack.

Indians made the same mistake (radio silence)...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom