What's new

Only 27% in Pakistan Identify as Pakistanis First

This is how Khawaja Nazimuddin, one of Quaid e Azam's closest lieutenants and from the founders of Pakistan, explained Jinnah's 11th August quote.

''I do not agree that religion is a private affair of the individual nor do I agree that in an Islamic state every citizen has identical rights, no matter what his caste, creed or faith be...The speech of the Quaid e Azam must be interpreted in the context in which it was delivered. It was delivered at the inauguration of the new Constituent Assembly. The new state was being established on the basis of the Two-nation theory. In the process of establishment there had been a bitter struggle on communal grounds. In Pakistan a large section of non-Muslims were going to reside. The Quaid-e-Azam, as head of the State, and belonging as he did to the majority community' felt it to be his duty to inspire confidence amongst the minorities who would naturally be nervous because they had been, against their will, made citizens of Pakistan.''

I think one would prefer to put more faith on the word of Jinnah himself rather than third party post facto interpretations.

The idea & philosophy of Pakistan got hijacked in its infancy.

Thats the reason we see pauses , silences & obfuscations whenever the original idea is shown.

So if everybody's belief depends on their username then according to these usernames you are a blind person, someone is a falcon, a stealth fighter, an eye, a cobra and what not. But in reality my name starts from Muhammad and Ends with Baloch, and that's what really i am, A muslim first then a pakistani and then a baloch. I didn't know usernames were considered firm Believes.:-)

not surprising, in islam, nationalism is actually haram, right ?

Not haram, just looked down upon.

Actually the population of our minorities has remained stable since partition.

Most of our minorities left during Partition. And the bulk of them were concentrated in Punjab. There was a population transfer on both sides of the Punjab.

The 2nd largest area of Hindu population in Pakistan was Sindh. During partition, the arrival of Muslim refugees from Ajmer and Delhi (who had faced violence in India) into urban Sindh resulted in the reverse migration of urban Hindus. The rural Hindus stayed back and most of them still live in Pakistan.

During the 1965 war there was a sizeable population exchange in the Thar desert. Thousands of Muslims families from Indian Thar migrated to Pakistani Thar. Thousands of Hindu families also migrated from Pakistani Thar to Indian Thar.

Of course there is a trickle of a few Hindus from Pakistan (mainly Sind and Balochistan) who have been migrating to India in recent years. But then during the 1950s and 1960s Indian Muslims were also constantly migrating to Pakistan in the tens of thousands each year.

Also, most of our minorities were in East Pakistan,

Surveys are rubbish. I never believe them bcz they never take the opinion of everyone. A nation of 200 million and another nation of 1.5 billion. Did they ask everyone.

Anyhow why each thing must be suppressed till annihalated. As for me. Any Muslim who is against Pakistan or means harm to pakistan is no brother to me and any nonmuslim who loves Pakistan is a brother for me.

Implying thereby that non Muslims are / cannot be ' true' Pakistanis ?
I suppose it was referred to Muslims of Pakistan only, You can not be a good muslim if u don't love your people (country men) similarly u can not be a good hindu christian jew atheist etc if u don't love ur country men. Did u got it?

Surveys are rubbish. I never believe them bcz they never take the opinion of everyone. A nation of 200 million and another nation of 1.5 billion. Did they ask everyone.

Anyhow why each thing must be suppressed till annihalated. As for me. Any Muslim who is against Pakistan or means harm to pakistan is no brother to me and any nonmuslim who loves Pakistan is a brother for me.

Kafirs cannot be our brothers.

Allah says in the Quran that all Muslims are brothers.

If a 'Muslim' hates Pakistan, then he probably has some issues.

Back
Top Bottom