What's new

Ongoing Systematic Massacre of Muslim Rohingas in Myanmar

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what cops are for. Since when does rape justify Ethnic Cleansing? India won't even exist if your logic apply.

Myanmar's laws are stupid.

Agreed. Considering the human rights violations Burmese are known to commit on ethnic Wa, Shan, and Chin , I'm not surprised at all at their barbarity against the Rohingya .

BIG lol, History has shown what islam can do. So myanamar is weeding out rohingya as rohingya did a lot of terror ,mass murder etc.

To you it might be stupid,but for myanamar and the rest of the infidels its pragmatism against the islamic hordes.

Ask the pakistani hindu what they have to endure. Spare me your gibberish.When Islam give human rights to its minority ,then you can lecture. Your words are hollow.

Your post shows your predisposition against Islam. Rohingya are an ethnic minority and shouldn't be considered a threat. For goodness sakes, Burma shares a common border with Bangladesh as well. You are singling out Muslims as a threat when that is not so. In fact , the Burmese Junta periodically persecute Tai ethnic groups such as the Shan , who are closely related to Thai and Laotians. The Junta also persecutes the Chin ethnic group, which are predominant Christian as well. Their human rights record is distasteful .

BIG lol, History has shown what islam can do. So myanamar is weeding out rohingya as rohingya did a lot of terror ,mass murder etc.

To you it might be stupid,but for myanamar and the rest of the infidels its pragmatism against the islamic hordes.

Ask the pakistani hindu what they have to endure. Spare me your gibberish.When Islam give human rights to its minority ,then you can lecture. Your words are hollow.

That's right History. As in its History. As in its impossible today.

So myanamar is weeding out rohingya as rohingya did a lot of terror ,mass murder etc.
Yzmakitty-maniacallaugh_zps796a7018.gif

Just a youtube Video, but you get the gist of who you are trying to protect.

Did you know that Pakistani Hindu can vote, can own property & etc. Compared that to the Rohingya.

Your words are hollow.

Did you know that despite my stance on human rights I secretly support eugenics on the Retards. Like you where you can openly support that is probably the worst government second only to North Korea while being a hypocrite about it.

Agreed. Considering the human rights violations Burmese are known to commit on ethnic Wa, Shan, and Chin , I'm not surprised at all at their barbarity against the Rohingya .

Then you must also know that everytime they are not the culprits. The regime is doing what it needs to finish what was started by Rohingyas. Please read about how they have been trying to wage separatism since the time British gave independence to Myanmar.

Your post shows your predisposition against Islam. Rohingya are an ethnic minority and shouldn't be considered a threat. For goodness sakes, Burma shares a common border with Bangladesh as well. You are singling out Muslims as a threat when that is not so. In fact , the Burmese Junta periodically persecute Tai ethnic groups such as the Shan , who are closely related to Thai and Laotians. The Junta also persecutes the Chin ethnic group, which are predominant Christian as well. Their human rights record is distasteful .

Sadly, ninhonjin-san, you will never be able to understand our problems in this part of the world. Japanese shores have not been touched by jihadi menace and religious rioting which is why all these things make sense to you. But it is not the case here. No one is advocating that those who are innocent should be killed. No one.

But self-defense is a necessity.

I honestly request you to see beyond botched reports of human rights that US and other allies produce.

Sure thing Myanmar government is no angel. I will agree with you.

But this is a different problem.

Then you must also know that everytime they are not the culprits. The regime is doing what it needs to finish what was started by Rohingyas. Please read about how they have been trying to wage separatism since the time British gave independence to Myanmar.

Sadly, ninhonjin-san, you will never be able to understand our problems in this part of the world. Japanese shores have not been touched by jihadi menace and religious rioting which is why all these things make sense to you. But it is not the case here. No one is advocating that those who are innocent should be killed. No one.

But self-defense is a necessity.

I honestly request you to see beyond botched reports of human rights that US and other allies produce.

Sure thing Myanmar government is no angel. I will agree with you.

But this is a different problem.

My friend,

I value all of the things you say, and surely you do have valid points, and I do agree that the Burmese have the right to defend their nation and to maintain solidarity of the country. My only concern is that there is a deep seated xenophobia in Burma , especially when it regards to anyone from India. In fact, they don't really even differentiate either a person be Bangladeshi, or Indian, they are racist towards anyone who even phenotypically looks Indian. They were like this since the Anglo-Burmese Wars when Burma was forced to be part of the British Raj. There was a time when 16% of the population in Burma was Indian , and race riots between the two were always high. After Burma was granted status as a different province in 1937, the Burmese immediately forced the explusion of Indians out of their country, which was later seen again in 1960s, which forced many people of Indian descent out of the country. I understand that a country has a right to defend the national integrity, but Burma has to understand that they share a long border with India, Bangladesh and they are at the doorsteps with India's eastern corridor. Their government needs to have a more enlightened approach because they are neighbors with Bangladesh, a muslim country. Further maltreatment of Rohingya may even further stress Burma's relations with Bangladesh and other ASEAN countries that have a large Muslim population such as Indonesia and Malaysia. That said, I do hope that the Junta learns to apply more enlightened policies not only for Rohingya, but also for ethnic Mon, Tai, Karen, Chin and Wa peoples that are also part of Burma.

My friend,

I value all of the things you say, and surely you do have valid points, and I do agree that the Burmese have the right to defend their nation and to maintain solidarity of the country. My only concern is that there is a deep seated xenophobia in Burma , especially when it regards to anyone from India. In fact, they don't really even differentiate either a person be Bangladeshi, or Indian, they are racist towards anyone who even phenotypically looks Indian.

I am aware of the junta's distrust in the early years. We had created much problems for them thanks to the puppet Congress regime who became US' mouthpiece of so-called democracy. That soured them. There have been frictions. Yes. But now things are changed.

We have the same problems as they have and though our government is not openly endorsing support for their actions, a lot of Indians share their concerns.

They were like this since the Anglo-Burmese Wars when Burma was forced to be part of the British Raj. There was a time when 16% of the population in Burma was Indian , and race riots between the two were always high. After Burma was granted status as a different province in 1937, the Burmese immediately forced the explusion of Indians out of their country, which was later seen again in 1960s, which forced many people of Indian descent out of the country.

True. You are absolutely right. We did have our share of sour relations and we did give them back in the kind. But now things are changing. This isn't about race but belief and culture. While this riots have come to news only now, its founding problem existed since they became independent. Religious separatism, fanaticism and trying to force jihad in the region was a problem.

While we had rather unpleasant ties with the Burmese then because of the issue you mentioned, geo-political realities have changed in all these years.

I understand that a country has a right to defend the national integrity, but Burma has to understand that they share a long border with India, Bangladesh and they are at the doorsteps with India's eastern corridor. Their government needs to have a more enlightened approach because they are neighbors with Bangladesh, a muslim country. Further maltreatment of Rohingya may even further stress Burma's relations with Bangladesh and other ASEAN countries that have a large Muslim population such as Indonesia and Malaysia. That said, I do hope that the Junta learns to apply more enlightened policies not only for Rohingya, but also for ethnic Mon, Tai, Karen, Chin and Wa peoples that are also part of Burma.

AFAIK, the Malays, Bruneians and Indonesians will only condemn actions and urge them to restore calm but not meddle in Myanmar's internal matters. Bangladesh already has hostile ties with Myanmar and vice versa.

You are right that the junta needs to be open minded. Absolutely correct. But their actions in this context, even though looking extreme, are a result of years of menace.

Number of Rohingya fleeing Myanmar tops 100,000
Published October 25, 2014
Associated Press

Myanmar%20Rohingya%20Exodus-1.jpg

FILE - In this June 25 2014 file photo, Rohingya refugees gather to receive medicine at Dar Paing village clinic, north of Sittwe, Rakhine state, Myanmar. A growing sense of desperation is fueling a mass exodus of Rohingya Muslims from western Myanmar, with at least 8,000 members of the long-persecuted minority fleeing by boat in the last two weeks, according to residents and a leading expert. (AP Photo/Gemunu Amarasinghe, File) (The Associated Press)

YANGON, Myanmar – A growing sense of desperation is fueling a mass exodus of Rohingya Muslims from western Myanmar, with the number fleeing by boat since communal violence broke out two years ago now topping 100,000, a leading expert said Saturday.

Chris Lewa, director of the nonprofit advocacy group Arakan Project, said there has been a huge surge since Oct. 15, with an average of 900 people per day piling into cargo ships parked off Rakhine state.

That's nearly 10,000 in less than two weeks, one of the biggest upticks yet.

Myanmar, a predominantly Buddhist nation of 50 million that only recently emerged from half a century of military rule, has an estimated 1.3 million Rohingya. Though many of their families arrived from neighboring Bangladesh generations ago, almost all have been denied citizenship. In the last two years, attacks by Buddhist mobs have left hundreds dead and 140,000 trapped in camps, where they live without access to adequate health care, education or jobs.

Lewa said some Rohingya families have been told new ships have started arriving in neighboring Thailand, where passengers often are brought to jungle camps, facing extortion and beatings until relatives come up with enough money to win their release.

From there they usually travel to Malaysia or other countries, but, still stateless, their futures remain bleak.

In Myanmar, the vast majority live in the northern tip of Rakhine state, where an aggressive campaign by authorities in recent months to register family members and officially categorize them as "Bengalis" — implying they are illegal migrants from neighboring Bangladesh — has aggravated their situation.

According to villagers contacted by The Associated Press, some were confined to their villages for weeks at a time for refusing to take part in the "verification" process, while others were beaten or arrested.

More recently, dozens of men were detained for having alleged ties to the militant Rohingya Solidarity Organization, or RSO, said Khin Maung Win, a resident from Maungdaw township, adding that several reportedly were beaten or tortured during their arrests or while in detention.

Lewa said three of the men died.

"Our team is becoming more and more convinced that this campaign of arbitrary arrests is aimed at triggering departures," she said.

Rakhine state spokesman Win Myaing denied any knowledge of arrests or abuse.

"There's nothing happening up there," he said. "There are no arrests of suspects of RSO. I haven't heard anything like that."

Every year, the festival of Eid al-Adha, which was celebrated by Muslims worldwide early this month, marks the beginning of a large exodus of Rohingya, in part due to calmer seas but also because it is a chance to spend time with family and friends.

But there seems to be a growing sense of desperation this year, with numbers nearly double from the same period in 2013.

Lewa said a number of Rohingya also were moving overland to Bangladesh and on to India and Nepal.

The United Nations, which has labeled the Rohingya one of the most persecuted religious minorities in the world, earlier this year confirmed figures provided by Lewa about a massive exodus that began after communal violence broke out in June 2012, targeting mainly Rohingya.

With the latest departures, Lewa estimates the number of fleeing Rohingya to be more than 100,000.

It was not immediately clear where the newest arrivals were landing.

Number of Rohingya fleeing Myanmar tops 100,000 | Fox News

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom