What's new

On Insulting Muslims

If only these people could understand the "Golden rule", that others will treat you the way you treat them, things would be so much simpler.

For some reasons, it goes against their grain.

Whatever they may say about other religions, However they may treat minorities in their own countries, they are ready with a set of unceasing, ever increasing demands on the others.

And they are surprised and angry when others are a bit baffled and not really amused and have stopped humoring them. ;)

FYKFI, the caption of the pic clearly showed that the gun was a toy, but just because it was a toy, it doesnt mean that it is not doing the samething which you are accusing Muslims for.

^^ i guess you missed the subtle message in the pic.

There is no subtle message. You are just imagining things from your pakistani frame of reference. The fact is : there was no killings, there was no destruction of public property, there was no arson and no public was harmed. And I'll also say how they actually protested : they filed FIRs all over India and brought MF Husain to court letting law take its due process.

i mean, a Muslim life has no value, but a Non-Muslim's does, is this what you wanted to say?

Who said that ? Don't put words into my mouth. Your country man kills a fellow Muslim Pakistani in the name of protest and Ishq-e-Rasool and you want me to sympathize for that ? Wow. Why should I even care what you Pakistanis do to each other ? That's your internal business which I have no rights in commenting. My only concern is that your animosity does not spill outside your borders into other countries.

BTW, i dont see any of you explicitly condemning the 'violence' by these Muslims, the only thing i saw from your likes was of generalizing the entire Muslim community (including those which belong to your country) and demonizing it without distinction.

I'll repost one of my again :

I find it utterly disgusting when the so called moderate Muslims dont open their mouth in real life against their co-comunity men and wean them away from their misguided path and instead pontificate to the non-Muslims on the internet on how they should view Muslims. There is no need to advise us how to view Muslim when these fundamentalists disappear, because automatically the view would be positive. But no, they would not do that. Perhaps they are afraid of getting killed or branded traitors or worse still, they silently agree with them.

If the so called sane Muslims dont wean their fundamentalist brothers from evils way and instead remain mum, then there is no point in complaining about generalization. Period.

There is no subtle message. You are just imagining things from your pakistani frame of reference. The fact is : there was no killings, there was no destruction of public property, there was no arson and no public was harmed. And I'll also say how they actually protested : they filed FIRs all over India and brought MF Husain to court letting law take its due process.

Ahan, so there were no death threats? No harassment and intimidation by the like of Bajran Dal? But as no one was killed, so everything (including the threats) was justified, right?

Hmm..i can now see what exactly are you trying to say here.

Who said that ? Don't put words into my mouth. Your country man kills a fellow Muslim Pakistani in the name of protest and Ishq-e-Rasool and you want me to sympathize for that ? Wow. Why should I even care what you Pakistanis do to each other ?
And hence my point, value of lives doesnt matter, what matters is who kills who, right?

Is that what Hinduism had taught you guys.

Ghandi was a pacifist, i think.

BTW, Muslims in india are also pelting stones and stuff, now that wouldnt matter to you as they are Muslims who are doing it, not Indians, right?

That's your internal business which I have no rights in commenting. My only concern is that your animosity does not spill outside your borders into other countries.
^^ Unfortunately, it's already in your country.

But that wouldnt matter, as long as Muslims are commiting the crimes (even if they are indians) you would remain indifferent, i hope i have read you correctly?

I'll repost one of my again :

If the so called sane Muslims dont wean their fundamentalist brothers from evils way and instead remain mum, then there is no point in complaining about generalization. Period.
Your post is just another BS trying to the demonize the Muslims as a whole.

You qouted post lost value when you were not sure if the 'moderate' Muslims were real or 'so-called'

Was wondering if the indians (Hindus and non-Hindus alike) here would object if their Gods are insulted?

yes they will protest..but no sensible person will protest over a bunch of cartoons , we don't consider drawing cartoons in general as offensive , we enjoy cartons drawn in good taste even if it portrait Hindu , Christian gods. And even if some body protests they must do it in peaceful manner.

What a mess.

Deeper and deeper into the mire we go.

However,

I will not talk about Islam.

I will not talk about Muslims.

Today is Friday.

Hope Pakistanis love their Prophet.

Peacefully.

Ooops, I will not talk about Pakistanis either.

Hope Developer will engage with me now. One liberal moderate to another.

Bad Vinod. Bad Bhairava. Bad Rig Vedic. Bad Solomon. Bad Ptex. Bad Zarvan. Bad Angeldust. Bad Abii.

Fanatic extremists the lot of them.

I wonder, why there is need of riot police at mosque on friday prayer. Again islam means peace.

I wonder, why there is need of riot police at mosque on friday prayer. Again islam means peace.

Riot Police are also P's and M's. They have equal right to love their Prophet peacefully.

So what if no public holiday for them.

P=Pakistani

M=Muslim

Can I just say the words out if I am not bashing either mods?

Riot Police are also P's and M's. They have equal right to love their Prophet peacefully.

So what if no public holiday for them.

P=Pakistani

M=Muslim

Can I just say the words out if I am not bashing either mods?

Most of the riots happen after prayer. I don't think whatever mullah speaks using loud speaker after prayer remotely related with religion of peace. They are more geo-politics expert then quran.

Most of the riots happen after prayer. I don't think whatever mullah speaks using loud speaker after prayer remotely related with religion of peace. They are more geo-politics expert then quran.

I do not agree.

They are the Priests of the religion of Peace.

There are misguided elements in all faiths that just like to stir up the poo.

We cannot and should not color the whole faith because of a few misguided extremists.

Look to the past. Look to all that has been progressive and peaceful and inclusive about the faith.

Do not let present events tarnish that.

yes they will protest..but no sensible person will protest over a bunch of cartoons , we don't consider drawing cartoons in general as offensive , we enjoy cartons drawn in good taste even if it portrait Hindu , Christian
gods. And even if some body protests they must do it in peaceful manner.

EVERY society has people that take religious too personally. In the US, we have many Jewish and Christian fractions (some very close friends) who are very religious. Their ideas are also a bit on the hard core side about things. Similarly, you'll have people in Muslims, Hindus, Jews, etc. Wasn't it Indian's (hundreds of thousands of them) that attacked historical islamic masjid under police's supervision and security and destroyed it? Raped hundreds of thousands of Kashmiri women and killed unlimited number of men? Wasn't that India where hindu fanatics burned down the entire vilages when people were sleeping inside their homes???

I don't think you (or other Indians) have a right to speak here. You guys have killed Christians and Muslims without any cartoos or anything else, over decades. Thanks to the trade relationship.....it never comes out but here...some stuff for you to see how 'India' is.

Massacre of Christians in India - YouTube

INDIA IS ONLY FOR HINDUS EXTREMISTS THEY ARE KILLING CHRISTIANS MUSLIMS AND SIKHS Hindu Terrorists - YouTube

RSS terrorists kill innocent christians in india - YouTube

Hindu Radicals Attack Christians in Karnataka - YouTube

Massacre of Muslims in Burma by Buddhists"They will Kill us all, please help us"! - YouTube

Hope Developer will engage with me now. One liberal moderate to another.

This thread has run its course, and there's nothing new for the last several pages, which is why I lost interest. If you bring in a new angle, I can respond but, if it's something which has already been covered earlier in the thread, there's no point in rehashing.

Bad Vinod. Bad Bhairava. Bad Rig Vedic. Bad Solomon. Bad Ptex. Bad Zarvan. Bad Angeldust. Bad Abii.

No one is talking of banning any one and, in any case, I don't agree with your list. Except for one or two people, the rest of those people are capable of calm debate.

I believe that the Pakistani FM did a good job on CNN in her interview today.

Muslims need to put forward their liberal and moderate selves in a strong affirmative manner.

Both to outsiders, and especially to insiders.

One without the other will never work.

And thee words need to be backed with action. Strong action that leaves no doubt.

In the regions that Islam controls.

The world will respond favorably. The world cannot have a large chunk of its humanity alienated.

That's how Christianity evolved.

This time around you guys have help, precedents, and guidance.

All Muslims need to protest in peace full manners & avoid to create any destruction for other and for themselves too..

This is not the Way to find any success and Way of Muhammad (SAW).

Was wondering if the indians (Hindus and non-Hindus alike) here would object if their Gods are insulted?

Of course some pople will object. When TN Chief Minister said Ram did not exist, show me which college he went to blah blah, some Hindus protested. But peacefully. And the CM continued as CM, did not have to step down, was not killed by his bodyguard etc.

Insulting religious feelings is like any other issue, and is handled the same way.

See, no one is looking for a character certificate from anyone here.

Nor are we kids indulging in the "abba" (friends) and "kutti" (not talking terms) games.

We are all putting forward our point of views and too bad if someone doesn't like them. That is the point.

I am not interested in trying to placate anyone here. These labels hide a tremendous insecurity within.

Insecurity that comes from being on the wrong side.

All the sophistry in the world doesn't help when the reality on the ground is otherwise.

My point is simple and I have made it simply.

I believe that the Pakistani FM did a good job on CNN in her interview today.

Muslims need to put forward their liberal and moderate selves in a strong affirmative manner.

Both to outsiders, and especially to insiders.

One without the other will never work.

And thee words need to be backed with action. Strong action that leaves no doubt.

In the regions that Islam controls.

The world will respond favorably. The world cannot have a large chunk of its humanity alienated.

That's how Christianity evolved.

This time around you guys have help, precedents, and guidance.

That needs a conviction of purpose.

And moving the arse to get stuff done.

So much easier to just move the mouth and spout some words!

Back
Top Bottom