What's new

Oldest air forces in the world

Reaction score
Which was the first air forces and years , I looked and i found it was the french air force 1909 and then i think turkish air force 1911 , please write dates down.

FRENCH AIR FORCE 1909

French_Air_Force.jpg

TURKISH AIR FORCE 1911

logo100d65211d0d399461by.jpg

RAF 1918

royal-air-force-flag-raf-nylon-3686-p.gif

Italian air force 1923

Coat_of_arms_of_the_Italian_Air_Force.svg

During World War I France, Germany, Italy, British Empire and the Ottoman Empire all possessed significant forces of bombers and fighters. World War I also saw the appearance of senior commanders who directed aerial warfare and numerous flying aces.

Bulgarian Air Force is definitely one of the oldest air forces in Europe and even around the world. Officially founded in 1912 with operations dating back to 1906.

Bleriot_XI_-_Simeon_Petrov.jpg

Bulgarian_Air_Force_roundel.svg

According to me
(1) Servizio Aeronautico (Italy) 1884
(2) Aéronautique Militaire (France) 1910
(3) Luftstreitkräfte (Germany) 1910
(4) Imperial Japanese Army Air Service (Japan) 1910
(5) Air Battalion, Royal Engineers (UK) 1911

I don't trust Wikipedia fully, but compiled it from there

USA?? They invented the plane.

Im impressed by Japan ...wow.

The USAF became fully separated from the army in 1947. However the United States had planes in military service as early as 1907.

USA might have had the first aircraft but it didn't form a separate entity for it ...it was embedded in the army only..... around in 1940 the USAF was created as a separate air force

The RAF's wiki page says it is the oldest independent AF in the world. That's wiki though.

According to me
(1) Servizio Aeronautico (Italy) 1884
(2) Aéronautique Militaire (France) 1910
(3) Luftstreitkräfte (Germany) 1910
(4) Imperial Japanese Army Air Service (Japan) 1910
(5) Air Battalion, Royal Engineers (UK) 1911

I don't trust Wikipedia fully, but compiled it from there

of course ignorance to history seems to be your m.o. considering wright brothers did not begin their first "biplane glider --kite" tests till 1899.

of course ignorance to history seems to be your m.o. considering wright brothers did not begin their first "biplane glider --kite" tests till 1899.
I think they used air balloons and stuff back then. Still counts as an air force I guess. Didn't become independent until 1923 though.

Im talking about the air force , Turkish airforce was 1911 but it had some operations before so in this case french is the first air force?

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3351402 said:
y r u hell bent on proving turkish airforce is the oldest??

how can i say that when i posted things its not i just want to know the years , french was 1909 , turkish 1911 , but i cant find the years for other ones properly.

Back
Top Bottom