What's new

Official Al Khalid 2 Discussion

I'm a noob in this topic but in my personal opinion i think it's better to buy (if Pakistan Army ever decided) a European (Germany-France) product rather then U.S. in matter of sanctions and other problems (the influence of Jew loby etc). maybe european are bit more reliable then U.S.

High demand of 'Al-Khalid' tank in modern warfare
KARACHI - Pakistan’s Al Khalid Tank is widely being considered one of the most competent Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in the global arms market. The Al Khalid II is said to have a new armor that has been tested to defeat all known 120mm and 125mm rounds. This special armour is a major technological breakthrough for Pakistan. The tank has received a new transmission and revised electronic turret control.
This was stated by Syed Muhammad Ali, the first certified military concept tank designer of Pakistan, while talking to The Nation.
He said that the Al Khalid II has a new Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and active threat-protection system, the latter being an upgrade from the passive system in the earlier model.
The tank is now perhaps the most heavily weaponized per tonnage of any tank, being able to carry 49 125mm rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds.
He said that Al-Khalid is modern battle tank developed by Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT).
Al Khalid consists of all the modern technologies required by latest generation tanks. Alkhalid is fitted with Ukranian engine that generated 1200 horse power. It has six forward automatic transmission. Its top speed is 72km/h. It weighs 47 tonnes.
Al-Khalid is operated by a three man crew; a driver, a gunner, and a commander.
Al-khalid consist of a self loading 125m smooth bore gun. It can also fire HEAT and APFSDS (Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot) rounds. It automatically load, fire and eject the empty case.

The old integrated battle management system (IBMS) in Alkhalid was Rahbar IBMS....do you guys know about the new IBMS in AK-2 ????

There were internal studies being done to analyze the feasibility and advantages of a rifled 120mm main gun versus a 125mm smooth bore. I am hoping to see a rifled gun in future tanks with a separate and fire-proof compartment for ammunition.

Also would like to see replacement of bakter shikan and crudely built rpg clones in atgm arena.

Love this tank wat a bad boy!

High demand of 'Al-Khalid' tank in modern warfare
KARACHI - Pakistan’s Al Khalid Tank is widely being considered one of the most competent Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in the global arms market. The Al Khalid II is said to have a new armor that has been tested to defeat all known 120mm and 125mm rounds. This special armour is a major technological breakthrough for Pakistan. The tank has received a new transmission and revised electronic turret control.
This was stated by Syed Muhammad Ali, the first certified military concept tank designer of Pakistan, while talking to The Nation.
He said that the Al Khalid II has a new Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and active threat-protection system, the latter being an upgrade from the passive system in the earlier model.
The tank is now perhaps the most heavily weaponized per tonnage of any tank, being able to carry 49 125mm rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds.
He said that Al-Khalid is modern battle tank developed by Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT).
Al Khalid consists of all the modern technologies required by latest generation tanks. Alkhalid is fitted with Ukranian engine that generated 1200 horse power. It has six forward automatic transmission. Its top speed is 72km/h. It weighs 47 tonnes.
Al-Khalid is operated by a three man crew; a driver, a gunner, and a commander.
Al-khalid consist of a self loading 125m smooth bore gun. It can also fire HEAT and APFSDS (Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot) rounds. It automatically load, fire and eject the empty case.

He's talking about Al-Khalid I which is just an upgraded Al-Khalid.
See this article:
The Al-Khalid
Development is ongoing of the Al-Khalid II, (though the project name is actually 'Al-Khalid I'), which is targeted for production by 2008. It is unknown if there is to be any major change in the appearance of the tank. Key areas for improvement are said to be in the areas of armour protection by inclusion of more modern types of armour, and improved systems. This includes more efficient transmission system and modern night vision systems. A new electronic counter-measures fit is currently undergoing testing at HIT. Recently the possibility has arisen of using Ukraine's 6TD3 engine which generates 1500 hp though it remains to be seen if this shall be incorporated. Firepower is also to be upgraded if ongoing discussions for the Ukrainian 'Kombat' ATGM are successful. With a range of up to 5,000m it would give the Al-Khalid a useful reach against targets such as helicopters. Furthermore, an up-graded auto loader would enable the use of 'long-rod' ammunition as used by Western MBTs, as the Russian style unit cannot currently support them.

It seems that the 1500 hp 6TD3 engine and new autoloader capable of loading long-rod penetrator rounds were not part of the upgrade.

I took almost 6 years to develop Al-Khalid 2. I heard about it back in 2003. Anyone has picture of AL-Khalid 2?

Guys,

I feel that none or very few developments have been announced by pakistan with respect to defence.

why is it so? things have gone quite for a long time, i can't agree to the notion that pakistan has halted all sorts of defence related progress.

is it because the regime in power is not so military friendly or is it for the international community, not to have any idea of what we are spending for defence purposes, coz disclosing this may harm our begging potential?

comments plz?

I took almost 6 years to develop Al-Khalid 2. I heard about it back in 2003. Anyone has picture of AL-Khalid 2?

There is no Al-Khalid 2, not as yet. The versions PA has is Al-Khalid while the latest version is dubbed as Al-Khalid 1.

Al-Khalid 2 will roll out not before 2019.

I had given a brief info on future of AK MBTs on PakDef and Defence Talk about year and a half ago after my visit to Heavy Industries and briefing by the chairman HIT. He himself said AK2 will roll out in 2019.

one more question when will pakistan be able to make the hull and everything at HIT.....because currently they are just upgrading an old frame!!! when will we start building our own tank frames?

Hi,
If i am not mistaken in al-khalid mbt except for some advanced systems like optics rest are made by hit. I think u sre mistakenly referring to t-59 upgrade to al-zarrar which involves upgrading old frames.
Regards....

Development is ongoing of the Al-Khalid II, (though the project name is actually 'Al-Khalid I'), which is targeted for production by 2008. It is unknown if there is to be any major change in the appearance of the tank. Key areas for improvement are said to be in the areas of armour protection by inclusion of more modern types of armour, and improved systems. This includes more efficient transmission system and modern night vision systems. A new electronic counter-measures fit is currently undergoing testing at HIT. Recently the possibility has arisen of using Ukraine's 6TD3 engine which generates 1500 hp though it remains to be seen if this shall be incorporated. Firepower is also to be upgraded if ongoing discussions for the Ukrainian 'Kombat' ATGM are successful. With a range of up to 5,000m it would give the Al-Khalid a useful reach against targets such as helicopters. Furthermore, an up-graded auto loader would enable the use of 'long-rod' ammunition as used by Western MBTs, as the Russian style unit cannot currently support them.

ISLAMABAD, Sep 30, 2009 (Asia Pulse Data Source via COMTEX) --

Pakistan has gained self-reliance and talent to manufacture the most modern and latest tank equipped with all battle devices within country which would prove a mile stone in the field of defence production. While on the other hand Pakistan has also successfully managed to install automatic transmission control system in Al-Khalid Tank which has the capacity to meet all needs of modern battlefield.

Sources told that Federal Secretary Defence Production, Lt. Gen Israr Ahmad Ghuman while answering the question of the members amid the meeting of the Parliamentary Committee told that Pakistan is not going to receive any tank from US, China and Ukraine and all tanks are being manufactured in Taxila Heavy Mechanical Complex.

He said that production of tanks within country has also brought the graph of defence import down.

He said that IFV Al-Zarar is an upgraded version of the T-59 tanks of Chinese origin while Al-Khalid and Al-Khalid-I has been equipped with automatic transmission control system.

He said that army needs more Al-Khalid tanks and Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) which is a dynamic and progressive organization will continue to fulfil their needs and demands.

He said that HIT has so far manufactured 220 Al-Khalid tanks equipped with automatic transmission control system and it is also being used by Pakistan army. Four regiments have been especially delivered these tanks. These regiments have distinctive role to defeat the enemy.

He further said that there is a transparent procedure for the purchasing of the defence devices and all devices and equipments are purchased keeping in view the code of conduct.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom