What's new

Official Al Khalid 2 Discussion

Quickly i am not an employee of Eurocopter.

You mention South African Rooviak, however i have been led to Believe and correct me if i am wrong but arms deals between South Africa and Pakistan won't happen due to South Africa support of Israil.

The older Leapords i am assume would be ex turkish army, what about the M60T which has been upgraded recently?::pakistan:

Both are horrible ideas. The Turkish Leo's have a lot of problems. Also, Israel is behind the M60 upgrade which was a solution to a Turkish problem. If Pakistan has the capability of armour development and production why should we buy second hand junk from overseas and put money in other people's pockets?

You should step your game up if in fact you are representing our nation in Europe son.

Looks like very similar to the T84 from Ukraine with a bustle mounted autoloader for seperate ammunition storage to increase crew survivability.

nice tank hopeful that pakistan is building one .

that looks like the "black eagle" - - i saw a few photos of it in "military technology" a few years ago when it was in the prototype stage. i've forgotten whether it was the russians or ukranians developing it (most likely the latter).

that looks like the "black eagle" - - i saw a few photos of it in "military technology" a few years ago when it was in the prototype stage. i've forgotten whether it was the russians or ukranians developing it (most likely the latter).

the black eagle is a russian design. they have been marketing it in some defense exhibitions for a while know

Here is the best I could do knowing that the original has been completely banished from the world wide web. This beast is the Type 99A2 and as Kharian has mentioned earlier on this thread, the Chinese built this using the same turret as Al Khalid for ease of production and integration. This is not the AK1 (or AK2) in its final form but there are subtle differences to be noted. And its an interesting picture nonetheless.

Last edited:

Attachments

• type90_05large.jpg
    type90_05large.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
It's been a while since I've heard anything about the Al-Khalid II. The topic seems to have died down completely, and I could find little new information on the WWW. Someone previously posted a "supposed" picture of the Al-Khalid II at HIT before undergoing testing. If this is true, when can we civillians look forward to seeing the Al-Khalid II in action?

On a side note, Pakistan Army Aviation did show interest in the Eurocopter Tiger Attack Helicopter, but I am not sure if they actually tested it. Yes, it is expensive, but not more so than the Apache, a platform we have also showed interest in (proof can be found elsewhere on this forum). You may choose to believe me or not, I can't provide any more information for obvious reasons.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom