What's new

Of interfaith harmony: Believing in unity of religions, Hindu doctor practices fasting

Sorry but they dont have to keep fasting to show their tolerance. Tolerance is letting others practice their religious beliefs/practices and give them this freedom of choice even if you consider it wrong/false choice. fasting is obligatory upon Muslims..Its there to obtain taqwa....fasting is not all about food lol

I am quite sure that he is a false-flagger. His location flag is USA, so he could claim to be from any country. His posts however show his true flag.

@Areesh , you make moderation very difficult for me. When you get into spats, I am forced to take it easy on both parties. If you were to just report trolls instead of posting smelly replies yourself, things would be a lot easier. There are very few Pakistani posters who troll themselves and make it difficult for us.

Y'all need to understand that it is not up to you to defend your country's honor. If we focused on having a civil exchange, no honor would be disturbed to begin with.

The guy was openly supporting the murder of civilians in Gaza along with other Islamophobic posts. This support towards killing of Palestinians is something that is totally unacceptable for me. I know what you are saying but these guys open support to killing of muslims is just beyond my tolerance level.

Really? You are telling this chap to not be personal and stop insulting? The only thing the guy does is abuse on each thread.

And only thing you do is your anti Islamic rants. At least I don't go on every other thread to show my hate/phobia/insecurity for Hinduism. Get loss idiot. Nobody likes your existence here.

PS: Just because Muslims have ruled them for a few centuries, the Sanghis like @Contrarian and @notsuperstitious have totally gone psychotic in their hate for Islam.

The guy was openly supporting the murder of civilians in Gaza along with other Islamophobic posts. This support towards killing of Palestinians is something that is totally unacceptable for me. I know what you are saying but these guys open support to killing of muslims is just beyond my tolerance level.

And only thing you do is your anti Islamic rants. Get loss idiot. Nobody likes your existence here.

Like I said Areesh, you make it difficult for us to get rid of trolls when you start trolling in return. Just use report function. Call mods by name to deal with something. When you believe that it is up to you to save our country's honor by trolling, then there is something seriously wrong.

Trolling is trolling. When you are calling names and insulting people and nationalities, you are not doing your country or religion any favors.

Take the case of your comment above directed at @Contrarian , I would handle him differently and he would not be insulting in return. Give respect, receive respect - this is our prophetic way. I can quote multiple Hadith, but if you are bent upon trolling, then you would not be stopped until you are banned.

Nobody can force you to troll. You do it because you want to do it. I've been cutting you slack. But seeing your posts on this thread, I think giving you slack is actually counter-productive.

OK go ahead handle this guy in your way. The bigots and hypocrites like him don't deserve any respect in my view. Anyways I will love to see how much you would be able to convince him with "respect" and "logic". And how much he would change after you convince him. I am out.

@DESERT FIGHTER

Such supremacist attitude among many muslims is the reason you guys get associated with trouble making, terrorism and intolerance world over.

Ephone is right, you do not even know the meaning of harmony, for you harmony is others accepting your supremacy and your invisible friend. Get well soon.

Like I said, they claim supremacy over everything else and have no qualms insulting every other religion but when confronted they start playing victim card!

I am quite sure that he is a false-flagger. His location flag is USA, so he could claim to be from any country. His posts however show his true flag.

@Areesh , you make moderation very difficult for me. When you get into spats, I am forced to take it easy on both parties. If you were to just report trolls instead of posting smelly replies yourself, things would be a lot easier. There are very few Pakistani posters who troll themselves and make it difficult for us.

Y'all need to understand that it is not up to you to defend your country's honor. If we focused on having a civil exchange, no honor would be disturbed to begin with.

I am a little surprised that you are busy checking if ephone is a false-flagger, when all he did was to ask a very pertinent question -- if the attempt of inter-faith harmony was genuine or not!

Meanwhile, we have too many rockstars, still roaming free on this thread who are busy throwing awful insults on Hindus -- look at his post quoted in #56!

I always wanted to fast to see how it feels..... But couldnt..... But i never missed an opportunity to attend a iftar party....... The food is amazing.......

I have done this for 3 years in a row.

After the first 2-3 days, the body clock gets used to the change.

Only, when it coincides with the summer months then its takes some will power to get started.

Besides losing weight which is a side effect , it helps will power too.
sorry i don't think so.
its just an old custom thats it,,,its in all the religions btw.

point is times have changed but some people did not

sorry i don't think so.
its just an old custom thats it,,,its in all the religions btw.

point is times have changed but some people did not

Where does religion come into what I have said at 117 ?

I often fast just / give up things to deny myself something ( harmful) I like or feel I cannot do without - like smoking, drinking , butter chicken or just eating fruit for a few days.

I feel it give me control over myself - thats all.

Where does religion come into what I have said at 117 ?

I often fast just / give up things to deny myself something ( harmful) I like or feel I cannot do without - like smoking, drinking , butter chicken or just eating fruit for a few days.

I feel it give me control over myself - thats all.

sorry to say then u are being hypocrit,,,if u think those things are bad in first place then u should quit them permanently.and quiting that stuff u mentioned for a few days will have 0 effect on ur health,trust me...............maybe u may reduce weight,thats it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom