What's new

OBL was in contact with members of Pakistan's spy agency: Report

Nice.. You are comparing the killing of world's biggest terrorist with a massacre of 150+ innocent civilians (many of them were your ummah Muslims).. Its Pakistanis like you that make people think that Pakistan deserves every single bit of misfortune its facing every day...

doesent it?

Mid-ranking Pakistani army officials may have known that Osama Bin Laden had a safe house in Pakistan, leaked material appears to indicate.

The claim was made in e-mails allegedly from US-based security think tank Stratfor, which were published by the whistleblowing website Wikileaks.

Stratfor warned ahead of publication it would make no comment on whether the emails were authentic or inaccurate.

Pakistan's government and military have denied knowing Bin Laden's whereabouts.

The al-Qaeda chief was killed in the Pakistani garrison town of Abbottabad in May last year in a covert mission by US special forces.

The compound in the north-western town was demolished by Pakistani authorities last weekend.

One email from a senior Stratfor employee to colleagues is quoted as saying: "Mid to senior level ISI and Pak Mil with one retired Pak Mil General that had knowledge of the OBL arrangements and safe house."

The messages go on to say that the names and specific ranks of these generals were unknown to the writer, but adds that US intelligence may have that information.

The emails allege that as many as 12 officials may have known, but says it is unclear exactly what position they may have had or even if they were retired personnel.

The information was allegedly obtained from material taken from the compound last May, according to the email exchange which took place in the weeks after the al-Qaeda chief's death.

It is unclear if the information was passed to the Pakistani government but the employee is quoted saying "I would not pass the info to the GOP [government of Pakistan], because we can't trust them."

Stratfor's computers were hacked by the activist group Anonymous in December. Stratfor boss George Friedman said at the time anyone looking for signs of a vast conspiracy would be disappointed.

"Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimised twice by submitting to questioning about them," Stratfor said in a statement on the publication of the emails by Wikileaks

Analysis

Gordon Corera
Security correspondent, BBC News
There has been intense suspicion over how much Pakistani authorities knew of Osama bin Laden's whereabouts but never any definitive proof - or at least none that has been made public. There's no smoking gun, as one Western intelligence official told me.

The Stratfor emails - if they are genuine - on the surface might appear to contradict that and seem remarkably specific about the details of who knew what. But the problem remains knowing whether they amount to real evidence.

The fact Stratfor itself never made more of the information might indicate that they were not sure of its truthfulness or had other information to contradict it. The claims could of course be true but one email from an un-named source to a private intelligence company that has been leaked is not really enough to constitute a smoking gun.

BBC News - Wikileaks: Pakistan army officials 'knew of Bin Laden house'

doesent it?

In my opinion, No.. After all its normal people who are paying for the idiotic ambitions of the Pakistani elite..You dont see Pakistani generals or Politicians getting blown up.. Only the foot soldiers and common civilians..

Like Indians who died in 26/11 Attack and their government could not do anything except sending dossiers :LOL:
141208pol.jpg

Let actual names come out - no names have been taken and let Stratfor back it up with some proof - we know that Stratfor never came out and placed this allegation - only discussed it internally and then let it go.

Wikileaks is awesome. Majority of Pakistanis are very good at protecting national secrets. However there are always some who are sold out or not careful enough. I feel the ISI was being too naive thinking Osama was well hidden, and kept him in single location for too long. I also appreciate how Pakistan hued and cried immediately after Osama got pwned, and continues to deny having any connections with Osama. Maybe this also explains the unexplained US aggression in Afghanistan, or maybe I'm taking it too far. Summing it up, Pakistan did not do the math too well or was wishing for too much by allying with the most powerful nation and serving their most wanted terrorist at the same time.

osama been killed in paksiatn is all drama of us president obama to get re elected again bush killed him few times nad the pics they published are crap the entire story is setup from start to miss guide amaraican nation i can bet osama would be playing street fighters with obama in usa :rofl:

osama been killed in paksiatn is all drama of us president obama to get re elected again bush killed him few times nad the pics they published are crap the entire story is setup from start to miss guide amaraican nation i can bet osama would be playing street fighters with obama in usa :rofl:

I hope you are being sarcastic.

what does logic says?-

Any picture?- Any video of his body?-

why ev1 are silent over basic facts- proof of his death?-

For Indians its genetic problem to believe every thing white masters say- so i am not surprised-

Back
Top Bottom