What's new

Obama: US to leave 8,400 troops in Afghanistan

They did not come to leave. They did not spend billions to leave one day. They are here to stay. Afghanistan geographic location gives Americans a hold on the region. Suddenly Americans have become neighbors to Iran, Pakistan,Central Asia and Russia.

American geography knowledge might be weak and object of ridicule but their knowledge of their interests drives their invasions and that knowledge is not weak.

8,400 to cover 250,000 square miles

@A-Team This is just a face saving exercise and you know it too

It is not the quantity that matters it is the commitment from the US to the Afghan stability.
Besides it is the job of the Afghans and ANA to defend the country but what we need is training, equipments and support from out International parnters.

Reasoned with ? Why is Pakistan not reasoning with TTP ?
We tried and they were invited to Islamabad but due to some US drone stikes and other events it didn't worked out ButWe had the option of taking them out completely and we did, you dont have that option
Thier is no TTP in Pakistan except some safe house in cities the rest are sent up while few have fled to Afghanistan into NDS safehouses

They did not come to leave. They did not spend billions to leave one day. They are here to stay. Afghanistan geographic location gives Americans a hold on the region. Suddenly Americans have become neighbors to Iran, Pakistan,Central Asia and Russia.

American geography knowledge might be weak and object of ridicule but their knowledge of their interests drives their invasions and that knowledge is not weak.

Which is fine with us because our interests converge and that is the reason for a strategic security agreement between the NUG and the US gov which provides military bases to the US military for decades to come if needed.

We did give them chance for negotiations but didn't worked out due to continous US drones strikes on leaders we were talking with.
But we had the ability to take them to the cleaners unlike US and Afghan and we did. Thier is not a single inch in our tribal areas where TTP has presence, Most of them are dead(80%) while the rest have fled to Afghanistan.
Yesterday US senator Mccain visited those tribal aras himself.

I could say the same thing every time I hear the Taliban wants to launch attacks from Pakistan and fleeing there as well to rest and recuperate.

We tried and they were invited to Islamabad but due to some US drone stikes and other events it didn't worked out ButWe had the option of taking them out completely and we did, you dont have that option

You seem to have the right intentions my friend but you are living in a different world than the one run by GHQ.

Afghan Talis are defeated by the ANSF in any battle on any given day, their foot soldiers are killed in droves but their still operate as an entity because the leadership, logistics network, command and control is in ISI safe houses, once GHQ pivots the Talis will be done within a matter of weeks.

Saudi Arabia kicked us out. Sounds impossible.

You seem to have the right intentions my friend but you are living in a different world than the one run by GHQ.

Afghan Talis are defeated by the ANSF in any battle on any given day, their foot soldiers are killed in droves but their still operate as an entity because the leadership, logistics network, command and control is in ISI safe houses, once GHQ pivots the Talis will be done within a matter of weeks.
You want to pivot GHQ, you know what to do its not that hard. The question is why wont you do it for the peace of your own country?

You want to pivot GHQ, you know what to do its not that hard. The question is why wont you do it for the peace of your own country?

I was refering to a pivot in the GHQ's policies vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

BTW I just noticed your signature in the profile : DSI = Delusional Superstitious Indians :D I had a lol moment.

I could say the same thing every time I hear the Taliban wants to launch attacks from Pakistan and fleeing there as well to rest and recuperate.
Border managment and securing the border was the first suggestion given by Pakistan when US invaded Afghanistan but both US and Afghanistan rejected it. And by this you can figure it out in whom interests it is that the border is porous.
Just think for a second that in last 15 years with hundreds of thousands of US and Afghan soldier they have not established a single checkpost along the border so they can stop the taliban entering afghanistan form Pakistan as they claim.
Who is to blame?

Reasoned with ? Why is Pakistan not reasoning with TTP ?

Because unlike the Afghan Taliban which are a majority ethnic and political reality of Afghanistan, TTP is a foreign terror organisation with no roots, language or race linking them to any natives living here, that is the reason why we easily defeated the TTP while the whole of US and NATO alliance wasn't able to defeat the Afghan Talibans for over a decade.

Defeating the Afghan Talibans would be like defeating the African Americans from the United States, only on this case they are the majority while Northern Alliance are the minority, it's just not possible.

I was refering to a pivot in the GHQ's policies vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

BTW I just noticed your signature in the profile : DSI = Delusional Superstitious Indians :D I had a lol moment.

Border managment and securing the border was the first suggestion given by Pakistan when US invaded Afghanistan but both US and Afghanistan rejected it. And by this you can figure it out in whom interests it is that the border is porous.
Just think for a second that in last 15 years with hundreds of thousands of US and Afghan soldier they have not established a single checkpost along the border so they can stop the taliban entering afghanistan form Pakistan as they claim.
Who is to blame?

LOL! That is BS!
http://www.gettyimages.com/pictures...ne-gun-atop-an-american-15-picture-id72172858
army-soldier-checks-the-sights-of-machine-gun-atop-an-american-15-picture-id72172858

U.S. Army soldier checks the sights of machine gun atop an American outpost October 15, 2006 near Camp Tillman, Afghanistan just two kilometers from the Pakistan border. Some 20 rockets were fired at the U.S. camp manned by soldiers from the 2-87 Infantry just the previous night, although no one was injured. Army officials say that Taliban insurgents continue to mount attacks from the Pakistani side of the border. Camp Tillman is named after former Arizona Cardinals football player Pat Tillman, who gave up his NFL career and joined the U.S. Army Rangers to fight in the war on terror. He was killed in 2004 while on combat operations in Afghanistan near the Pakistan border.

Because unlike the Afghan Taliban which are a majority ethnic and political reality of Afghanistan, TTP is a foreign terror organisation with no roots, language or race linking them to any natives living here, that is the reason why we easily defeated the TTP while the whole of US and NATO alliance wasn't able to defeat the Afghan Talibans for over a decade.

Defeating the Afghan Talibans would be like defeating the African Americans from the United States, only on this case they are the majority while Northern Alliance are the minority, it's just not possible.

Really? You actually defeated them? So I won't be hearing any attacks in Pakistan from now on right? If there is an attack, it be blamed on India correct?

Sorry to break it to you but the Afghan Talis are majority group in a world that is called GHQ, outside of that bubble the Afghan Talis are nothing but a proxy group that kill innocent people.

TTP : run by Pakistanis, headed by Pakistanis, had punjabi and a conglomerate of other ethnic groups in it, if we go by your definition I would say TTP represents not one but all majority and minority groups of Pakistani.

Lets not take this route my friend, you can't win this argument.

Solution : GHQ changes its outlook vis-a-vis Afghanistan, while Afghanistan stops any activities that are hostile to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom