What's new

Obama asks Iran to return downed US drone !

I am absolutly disgusted by the mentality of the Americans here.

So lets say that Cuba violated American air space with a hostile military vehicle.
And the Americans got a hold of it, would America simply give it back?

America would declare war on Cuba and invade it.
Hell American invaded countries on much less.

Why does the world's biggest terrorist get a break if gets caught in the act?
Please tell me why?

American can't do anything about the UAV because they have positioned themselves to have no leverage in Iran.
All the sanctions and warmongering means that Iran has no reason to deal with America on this issue.

America thought that putting sanctions on Iran would be the sanctions on Cuba, but they forgot that Iran has a 5 thousand year old history, they wont just lie down.

DUde you're not going to get an ans from people like him they perseave the world is for the west and everyone are its slave.

This confirm- the US acknowledges that drowned RQ-70 Sentinel is real.

China and Pakistan returned it back after investigated and collected informations. :azn:

This confirm- the US acknowledges that drowned RQ-70 Sentinel is real.
Actually, no. We do admit that we lost an RQ-170 from Afghanistan and since Iran is the only one who stepped up and claimed to be in possession of said lost property, asking for its return is not a confirmation that the thing Iran showed is the actual lost one. If Iran want US to admit that it is 'The One', then let US examine it.

China and Pakistan returned it back after investigated and collected informations. :azn:
If Iran had any active role in turning this drone into Iranian airspace that would be theft. Tampering with it compounds the crime.

So now Iran claims something when it crashed by accident?

Is this a joke? The US is acting like a little kid asking for its football back.

Actually, no. We do admit that we lost an RQ-170 from Afghanistan and since Iran is the only one who stepped up and claimed to be in possession of said lost property, asking for its return is not a confirmation that the thing Iran showed is the actual lost one. If Iran want US to admit that it is 'The One', then let US examine it.

If Iran had any active role in turning this drone into Iranian airspace that would be theft. Tampering with it compounds the crime.

gambit you can now stop your ludicrous denial....you are now making fool of yourself.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8952422/Barack-Obama-admits-Iran-has-downed-US-drone.html

Is that a joke???

The Associated Press: Obama appeals to Iran to give back downed US drone

WASHINGTON: President Barack Obama on Monday said the US government had requested the return of a spy drone downed over Iran but declined to discuss if its loss could compromise US national security.

“We have asked for it back. We’ll see how the Iranians respond,” Obama said during a joint news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki after the two met at the White House.

This is about logic. If I lose a ring in the neighborhood and someone said he has it, how does anyone know that what he has is the ring that I lost? No way to know. But this is a minor issue. The major issue here is that Iran committed theft.

I am surprised how you call this humbug you written here a "logic".
obama admitted..you are no bigger than him...

U.S. sent a spy plan to spy on Iran for potential invasion. It has violated Iran's air space. Why would Iran or any country in its sane mind to even consider such ridiculous request???

Of course, if there is a dead U.S. soldier there, it may be reasonable to ask his body back. For the spy plane, there is no way Iran will return it. Otherwise, Iran will be the laughing stock and the forever little sissy in that region.

This is about logic. If I lose a ring in the neighborhood and someone said he has it, how does anyone know that what he has is the ring that I lost? No way to know. But this is a minor issue. The major issue here is that Iran committed theft.

U.S. to Iran: Give Our UAV Back

U.S. government is asking Iran to return the Lockheed Martin-built RQ-170 Sentinel UAV that was recently downed over that country.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," President Obama said Dec. 12 during a news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Obama's statement is the first official confirmation that the stealthy high-altitude spy plane had been captured by Iran. Earlier, the Pentagon had only officially acknowledged that an unmanned aircraft of an unspecified type was missing over western Afghanistan.

Iranian officials have already stated that they will not return the captured aircraft and have promised to reverse-engineer the jet's technology.

"I hope he said please," said analyst Dan Goure of the Lexington Institute in Arlington, Va., referring to Obama's statement. "I can't quite see that happening."

Richard Aboulafia, vice president of analysis at Teal Group, mirrored those comments.

"Good luck with that," he said. "I think I read this really bad plot line in a cheap novel a few years ago. Life imitating art, or something like that."

Goure said that there is no chance that Iran will return the Sentinel to the U.S. Nor does Obama have any legal grounds to ask for such a return.

"I'm a little puzzled as to why he even bothered," he said.

Goure said the U.S. had a right to complain when the USS Pueblo was captured by North Korea in 1968 or when a Chinese fighter collided with a U.S. Navy EP-3 Aries spy plane in international airspace in 2001. But the more recent episode is different.

"Nobody has argued that it didn't go down inside their airspace," he said.

Retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Jack Rives, a former judge advocate general, said that the U.S. was within its rights to ask for the return of the RQ-170 if the aircraft accidentally strayed into Iranian territory.

"We're not at war with the Iranians," Rives said. "When we're in our current conditions with them, this was an accident, it was a malfunction, the plane went down, it was our plane, there is no question over that. So it's just a common sense request under international law."

He said Iran has an obligation to return the aircraft, assuming it was operating in either international airspace or western Afghanistan with the consent of that nation's leadership.

"They actually don't have a right to keep it, it's ours," he said. "It did land on their land, and if it caused damage we'd reimburse them for the cost of the damage, but in terms of who owns the aircraft, there is no question it's ours."

However, the case becomes less clear if the Sentinel was intentionally overflying Iranian airspace, Rives said.

After Iranian state television broadcast footage Dec. 8 of the stricken aircraft, one source had confirmed that the images showed a RQ-170. The aircraft looked like it had suffered damage consistent with a wheels-up landing, he said.

Another source familiar with remotely piloted aircraft operations said that the RQ-170 is programmed to hold an orbit if it loses its command link and try to re-establish contact. However, if it begins to run out of fuel, it will divert to a nearby airfield if it can't return to base.

This may be what caused the aircraft to land inside Iran, the source said. The Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk has a similar feature, which has proven a bone of contention between the U.S. Air Force and the Federal Aviation Administration.

However, that explanation can't account for the Sentinel's loss, Goure said.

"Even if they had lost control of it, it should have had enough fuel to go home," he said. "So that still doesn't explain what went wrong."

Goure said that it's still most likely that the aircraft suffered a catastrophic malfunction, enough so that it couldn't communicate or return home. The only other possibility is that it could have come under attack via cyber or electronic means.

While a cyber attack is some possibility, the system failure could have been caused externally by electronic attacks, Goure said.

"That's still a possibility," he said. "It's possible the Iranians did something."

U.S. to Iran: Give Our UAV Back - Defense News

Iran to U.S.
MiddleFinger4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom