What's new

Nuclear club eyes Indian inclusion, but risks Pakistan's ire

Pakistan has as much right to use nuclear technology as any other country. Making India a member of NSG would give it access to nuclear technology while denying us. This is going to be a highly unfair and biased decision. How can than we develop our nuclear industry. What do you say to that ?

Do you seriously believe that meme ?

Pakistan has a right to nuclear technology if you behave as a responsible player. The basic issues with Pakistani membership in the NSG are as follows

India has not supplied anyone with nuclear technology. Pakistan has had dealings with North Korea, Iran and Libya. There are numerous article even on this forum about secret deals with Saudi Arabia on nukes.You have to solve this issue before the NSG considers a waiver let alone full membership.

India has limited its nuclear arsenal to 80-100 weapons. There is no real drive to increase fissile material production capacity. Non-weapon grade Plutonium accumulates as a by product of our power plants. Pakistan has made a big fuss about signing FMCT even though it has 100 nuclear weapons. You are not going to get access to international uranium supplies until you agree to curbs in fissile material.

Pakistan has flirting with terrorists - 9/11, London bombings, Mumbai attacks of 2008 - all have links to Pakistan. Giving any additional capacity to a country ambivalent about terrorism is irresponsible.

It is not America you have to worry about. In the long run Pakistani generals can patch up with Uncle Sam. The smaller European countries will be the hardest to convince.

One last point - I am not convinced nuclear power is the solution for India's energy needs or that matter any country. Nuclear waste is a big long term problem.

In another meeting on September 6, 2008, the NSG participating governments agreed to grant India a "clean waiver" from its existing rules, which forbid nuclear trade with a country which has not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). The NSG's decision came after three days of intense U.S. diplomacy.[12] The approval was based on a formal pledge by India stating that;

1. it would not share sensitive nuclear technology or material with others and
2. would uphold its voluntary moratorium on testing nuclear weapons.

The pledge was contained in a crucial statement issued during the NSG meeting by India outlining the country's disarmament and nonproliferation policies.

Nuclear Suppliers Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember, Its India for which rules are bends to help him in by US and that will not by reciprocate for Pakistan for obvious reasons. Pakistan couldn't guarantee anything to anyone at this stage as its not in our national interests.

Like, Pakistan Can't guarantees that it would not share Technology with some special i.e., (KSA) countries in liu of just an open market membership which of no use immediately due to poor economic conditions in house.

Therefore, the burden to admit Pakistan in NSG and regulates Pakistan activities within some framework, is on this international body rather on Pakistan itself.

The demands towards US for Nuclear parity like India is just for Politics and keeping US on backfoot, nothing else.

If Pakistan wants to be a member of the NSG the burden is on Pakistan not the body. While NSG has no influence on Pakistan the NSG countries are powerful enough to bring China to its knees.

If Pakistan wants to be a member of the NSG the burden is on Pakistan not the body. While NSG has no influence on Pakistan the NSG countries are powerful enough to bring China to its knees.

Membership cost vs Benefits...No Pakistan dont want NSG membership at this point in time,
World is hostile towards us..no not now. that is why our FO just nuke the very buildup towards that end on the eve of our PM visit to USA by openly declaring Pakistan rigorous persuit to develop tactical nukes against India.

Actuallu its Pakistan who doesnt want to come under any regulation of any type from anywhere and geopolitical situations will help him as in past to evades any constraints.

Membership cost vs Benefits...No Pakistan dont want NSG membership at this point in time,
World is hostile towards us..no not now. that is why our FO just nuke the very buildup towards that end on the eve of our PM visit to USA by openly declaring Pakistan rigorous persuit to develop tactical nukes against India.

Actuallu its Pakistan who doesnt want to come under any regulation of any type from anywhere and geopolitical situations will help him as in past to evades any constraints.
North Korea and Iran is still standing :D

North Korea might have nukes but they are a basketcase
Selling nukes to Iran is not a wise move even for the Pakistanis

Pakistan has a right to nuclear technology if you behave as a responsible player. The basic issues with Pakistani membership in the NSG are as follows

India has not supplied anyone with nuclear technology. Pakistan has had dealings with North Korea, Iran and Libya. There are numerous article even on this forum about secret deals with Saudi Arabia on nukes.You have to solve this issue before the NSG considers a waiver let alone full membership.

India has limited its nuclear arsenal to 80-100 weapons. There is no real drive to increase fissile material production capacity. Non-weapon grade Plutonium accumulates as a by product of our power plants. Pakistan has made a big fuss about signing FMCT even though it has 100 nuclear weapons. You are not going to get access to international uranium supplies until you agree to curbs in fissile material.

Pakistan has flirting with terrorists - 9/11, London bombings, Mumbai attacks of 2008 - all have links to Pakistan. Giving any additional capacity to a country ambivalent about terrorism is irresponsible.

It is not America you have to worry about. In the long run Pakistani generals can patch up with Uncle Sam. The smaller European countries will be the hardest to convince.

One last point - I am not convinced nuclear power is the solution for India's energy needs or that matter any country. Nuclear waste is a big long term problem.

Thank you for your opinion. This discussion can go on forever but I would like to end it. I respect your opinion and you should respect mine. The bottom line is every nation protects it;s interests and we are no exception. NSG or not we will defend our interests by all means.

Kindly read all the comments on this thread.

No one is hostile to Pakistan. But you are free to defy international opinion.

You have to import uranium to power your nuclear plants. Your sugar daddy China does not have the uranium.

Thank you for your opinion. This discussion can go on forever but I would like to end it. I respect your opinion and you should respect mine. The bottom line is every nation protects it;s interests and we are no exception. NSG or not we will defend our interests by all means.

Kindly read all the comments on this thread.

I respect your opinion. But you have no chance if the international community applies maximum pressure

Back
Top Bottom