What's new

Nuclear arms race between China and India

Troll for a troll makes the whole thread derailed.

Another great (controversial ) thread by Munshi:hitwall:

It seems you were the one intent on derailing a perfectly good thread. The article comes from Foreign Policy so not to be scoffed at. That an influential American journal is raising this issue should have made people consider the intent here.

nietzche don't pursue this, he will take his anger out on the women near him.

India had enough nuclear material to make 1000 nuclear bombs. This was in 1999.

Today, it's 2010. Exponential growth of nuclear material availability and Mr SOCOM you're telling me that India has 75 bombs? Good joke.

nietzche don't pursue this, he will take his anger out on the women near him.

India had enough nuclear material to make 1000 nuclear bombs. This was in 1999.

Today, it's 2010. Exponential growth of nuclear material availability and Mr SOCOM you're telling me that India has 75 bombs? Good joke.

Is that possible that China has only 176 nukes??? I don't think so.

Is that possible that China has only 176 nukes??? I don't think so.

Why not, nuclear weapon is not candy, more the merrier. Enough is enough. It is more important to insure the second strike capability than have more in numbers.

Well, every country has its nuclear missiles targeting its potential nuclear attackers. For China, India is not its primary concerns. whatever India's intention is with its nuclear missile is not in China's control. India can build up its nuclear arsenal trying to race with China all it wants. It doesn't mean China has to do the same. As long as MAD exists, there is no need to race. Once someone said that the usefulness of a nuclear weapon is only when it is still on the lunch pad, not after.

That depends on country to country...China and India both do not have nukes as a war fighting weapon. They are only for deterrence. Which is why China has a relatively low no of nukes compared to the other N5 while India also seems to have caped their stock.

China has a lot of excess fissile material which can be used to make bombs if necessary and considering Pakistan's opposition in the fissile material cut off conference India probably has a lot of material left over too.

No it can't, they don't have the materials, technology. They would have done so if they did. Sorry, try again.

Anyways, if U.S. finds out that India is building more nukes, Indians can say bye bye to their nuclear deal. :lol:

We are not living on the US aid .... its you ... so this think apply for you not for us

why can india engage china in a nuclear arms race when pakistan has more nukes and more powerful nukes than india? :what:

Joke of the century.....

No country releases the true data regarding their nuclear arsenal.
If china says it has a million nukes, would u agree?
The truth is far away from the data.
which country would like to release its real ,true data and make its enemies aware of it!?
You don't know any thing.
No one knows the truth.
:)

Well i m not sure if any 1 knows it.
But my friend's father is serving for an intelligence institute under GOI.
And it has become a popular fact that loads and loads of Thorium(alternative of Plutonium) has been found in the sedimentary belt of Ladakh,of which 40% is being used for power generation and other reserved to be used in nuclear warheads.
The Western Ghats of India have also possessed loads of Thorium.

India has a huge huge huge capability to build nuclear weapons.
And maybe its building them.
Same way, China also might have some secret sources.I don't know them cuz i don't study about China!
So nothing can be said any point in time.
Everything is undecided.

India is in nuclear arms race, i can't believe....if India is in nuclear race than we have at least 100*5=500, at least 5 times of pak nuclear.....

Actually Indian govt. knows it pak can not attack on India by nuclear warhead....it's really requires lot of Guts.....

Why not, nuclear weapon is not candy, more the merrier. Enough is enough. It is more important to insure the second strike capability than have more in numbers.

You must be joking!! Because the link says China had 400 nukes in 2000 and now only 176. Its totally unrealistic. 176 nukes are not enough for the threats it faces. Specially when missile defence are making a good way.

Another reason not to believe it that countries don't release data regarding their weapon storage and its 200% true for a country like PRC where most of the things are kept secret. Also the estimate contradicts China's efforts of weaponisations.

It seems you were the one intent on derailing a perfectly good thread. The article comes from Foreign Policy so not to be scoffed at. That an influential American journal is raising this issue should have made people consider the intent here.
Is that yur concern???...

Any way.

Pakistan will supposedly have more nukes than India as they are a first use nuclear policy country. A country which knows that it doesnt have advantage in advanced warefare will always produce more nukes as its cheaper and easier to deploy than investing billions in planes, military hardware.

So I dont think there is any thing wrong when Pak says they have more warheads than us. Its perfectly alright and uits their first use policy.

So guys please dont get into a complex, when any Pak member say they have more nukes. Its naturally understandable.

You must be joking!! Because the link says China had 400 nukes in 2000 and now only 176. Its totally unrealistic. 176 nukes are not enough for the threats it faces. Specially when missile defence are making a good way.

Another reason not to believe it that countries don't release data regarding their weapon storage and its 200% true for a country like PRC where most of the things are kept secret. Also the estimate contradicts China's efforts of weaponisations.

Well, now how is that number of 400 to be trusted? The numbers of nuclear stockpiles had always been either underestimated or overestimated. The point is that, you don't have to believe those numbers at all. The best is that others don't even know whether they have over or under estimated the number you have. So here I don't see the point of people arguing who has more.

Joke of the century.....

No country releases the true data regarding their nuclear arsenal.
If china says it has a million nukes, would u agree?
The truth is far away from the data.
which country would like to release its real ,true data and make its enemies aware of it!?
You don't know any thing.
No one knows the truth.
:)

truth is that "pakistna has atleast 80-100 nukes and india has 40-60" but nukes of both countries is useless bcoz both country can not use it even in extreme war situation..and india knows it very well that's why "india is not spending money on nuclear warheads"

Back
Top Bottom