What's new

NPT reiterates resolve to make Pakistan Islamic welfare state

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
The Nazaria-i-Paksitan Trust (NPT) at a sitting on the Pakistan Day reiterated resolve to continue struggle for making the country an Islamic welfare state as envisaged by Allama Muhammad Iqbal and Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Addressing the attendees, TheNation Editor-in-Chief Dr Majid Nizami recalled the struggle for Pakistan and highlighted the importance of the day.

“No day could be as historic as March 23 which paved the way for the creation of Pakistan. Pakistan is a gift of Almighty that would live long. The rulers should not follow colonial powers”, added Nizami.

Prof Dr Rafique Ahmad, Col (r) Jamshed Ahmad Tareen, Col (r) Amjad Hussain, Sartaj Aziz, Maj Gen (r) Rahat Latif, SM Zafar, Bushra Rehman, Begum Surayya K H Khurshid, Farooq Altaf, Ch Naeem Hussain Chattha, Dr M A Sufi, Col (r) Ikramullah, Col (r) Salim Malik, Mustafa Kamal Pasha, Dr Parveen Khan, Khurshid Ahmad, Maulana Muhammad Shafi, Adeeb Jawedani, Aziz Zafar Jarral, Waleed Iqbal, Shahid Rasheed, Rafaqat Riaz and a large number of people from different walks of life attended the sitting organised by the NPT in collaboration with the Tehrik-e-Pakistan Workers Trust.

Nizami said that Pakistan came into being after a great struggle. He came down hard on the anti-Pakistan people who bifurcated the country.

Talking about the Balochistan bloodshed, Karachi killings, disparity in the Muslim Leagues and other issues, Nizami said the country was passing through critical circumstances.

Prof Ahmad said the Pakistan Resolution, Objectives Resolution and Constitution Resolution (Constitution of 1973) were the three basic resolutions worthy to be discussed. “Pakistan could become a powerful fort provided we follow the lines given in these resolutions,” he said. He stressed the masses should elect those who wanted to make the country a modern, Islamic and democratic state.

Col (r) Amjad Hussain Syed said Iqbal dreamt of Pakistan in 1930 and Jinnah materialised it.

He said Majid Nizami took the responsibility of Nawa-i-Waqt after Hameed Nizami died in 1962. It was a difficult time but he took a stand for truth in the face of a dictator of that era, he said.

Sartaj Aziz said that 23rd was the day to renew oaths. He expressed pleasure over the completion of five years of a democratic government. SM Zafar said that Pakistan was a blessing of Allah.

He talked about the Pakistan movement workers, media and the masses. He said that masses should play its role to change the country. He said that we should educate the youth that was our true future.

Begum Bushara Rehman said that March 23 was the day for two congratulations, one for Majid Nizami on 70th anniversary of Nawa-i-Waqt while the other for the whole nation on Pakistan Day when Pakistan Resolution was passed. She said that Pakistan would remain on the world map till doomsday and leaders should not spread fear by statements that Pakistan could disintegrate like they did in 1971.

Mian Farooq Altaf said that Pakistan was the result of Lahore Resolution which was supported by majority of Muslims. He said that after the death of Jinnah, Pakistan could not find any true leader, who could move hearts of the masses.

Shahid Rasheed congratulated Majid Nizami on behalf of all the participants on the anniversary of the Nawa-i-Waqt. Talking about the resolution passed in BOGs that said that the people should elect able and honest people that could make the country a true Islamic, democratic country. Maulana Muhammad Shafi Josh prayed for the prosperity and strength of the country.

NPT reiterates resolve to make Pakistan Islamic welfare state | The Nation

I have never heard of such a trust before... care to state its objectives?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom