What's new

Now we've democratically elected a totalitarian government- Arunadhati Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mama 'Joe', Mrs. Arora, Luthra who ran the refugee camps, Mrs. Luthra, Buchi Das (son's daughter of C. R. Das), Jagjit Arora, Osmany, Siddhartha Ray (daughter's son of C. R. Das), Jake Jacob, Papa 'Joe'. Joe is on one knee in front, with his kid brother and baby sister.

Sometime I wonder what sort of a defence forum this has become with people simply not bothering to look at interesting photos. People not interested in history, except for making their own bad version of it.

You are running away. You accused me of sympathy for terrorists. Prove it, or shut up.

I accuse Arundhati Roy of being a terrorist because she acts like the mouthpiece for terrorists. You got that wrong there.

Did you stop to read the title? Whose freedom of speech should we talk about here, other than Arundhati Roy's?

Did you not understand what I wrote there ? Why is it that you are so concerned about the freedom of speech of Arundhati Roy ? Your posts show concern for her rights.What about the rights of thousands of people that have been killed by the terrorists, the same terrorists that she supports ?

Does that mean that the right of free speech is restricted to those whose views you happen to like? It doesn't apply to those whom you don't like?

So?

She is still entitled to the protection of the law. The law does not apply selectively, to people whom you approve of. Even those who bother you are entitled to its protection.

And it is immature in the extreme to suggest that supporting her right to free speech is on the verge of declaring open support for her seditious activities. In fact, it illustrates the point that free speech is for all, not just for those whom I like and agree with.

Attention seeking, taking pleasure in trying to destroy the integrity of the nation, are not criminal offences, and they do not disqualify any citizen from her right to free speech.

And yet again.. freedom of speech. You just sound like Rahul Gandhi in that recent hour long interview....
Of course we need that.But we need to see things in the light of all the related events.We cannot decide to play blind and put of banners of law, trying to protect terrorists and then selectively try to forget the same rights when it comes to extending them to the people who have been affected by the terrorists.

The conscience is clear.Terrorists are public enemies.Anyone who sympathizes with them is a terrorist as well.We should not try to protect them hiding behind freedom of expression.Arundhati Roy should be charged with sedition or killed in an encounter next time she goes to spend nights with the maoists.

Hey @Dillinger! Devilish good-looking young fellah-me-lad out in front of the old people, what? Even if I say so meself.

Back to life.

Bye, @BangGalore
Bye, @Indischer
Bye, @SarthakGanguly
Bye, @anonymus

A nod to the pond lichen.
I was busy laughing over your supposed inclination towards certain groups. :p

Indeed, we bongos can be stunners as long as we avoid the afternoon nap after a large plate of rice. Good looking indeed. :)

@SarthakGanguly

You're in the club now (+ve), don't ever disappoint me.

There is an element of truth in what she says, but unfortunately there is no other alternative system that we know of, which can bring people out of poverty. Exploitation of poor and natural resources is almost a given at the phase of development we are in, but by raising the issue at least we will be mindful of it.

Who the heck cares about her opinion?
She already lost his credibility when she tried to block the former HM Chidambarams plan to suppresses maoists .

That's silly. That law is absurd. Half of Indian members in this forum would be in jail if someone from the UPA had pressed charges on similar matters. It is a lunatic law & must be seen as such. Nobody should go to jail making such remarks. The internet allows from comments from all over the world, to be seen all over the world. Having such a law applicable to Indian citizens (realistically) alone is pointless & a waste of time. That chap certainly doesn't deserve to go to jail for his silly remarks.

NO it is not , there is a fine line between calling someone corrupt adn inept and saying things like " He will cause a holocaust" which clearly has communal tones to it ...

I accuse Arundhati Roy of being a terrorist because she acts like the mouthpiece for terrorists. You got that wrong there.

Don't bother to lie. This is what you said, exactly, copied from your post:

You try to hide behind the rule of law and freedom of expression when it comes to covertly supporting the anti-national elements.

Quite obviously, having seen that the game is up, you are now trying to shift your ground. It was not about Arundhati Roy, it was about your foul libels about me that I challenged.

Once again, put up or shut up.

Did you not understand what I wrote there ? Why is it that you are so concerned about the freedom of speech of Arundhati Roy ? Your posts show concern for her rights.What about the rights of thousands of people that have been killed by the terrorists, the same terrorists that she supports ?

Are you so dense that you assume that supporting an individual's human rights is at the expense of denying the human rights of the victims of terrorist murder?

I am concerned about her freedom of speech, because of those like you who threaten it.

And I have never, ever failed to speak up for those who were the victims of terror. Read my posts.

And yet again.. freedom of speech. You just sound like Rahul Gandhi in that recent hour long interview....

Aren't you being a little obvious?

If you can't answer or are cornered, just compare the other person to Rahul Gandhi and everyone thinks you are the one right. That is infantile; try something better.

Of course we need that.But we need to see things in the light of all the related events.We cannot decide to play blind and put of banners of law, trying to protect terrorists and then selectively try to forget the same rights when it comes to extending them to the people who have been affected by the terrorists.

Let's hear from you.

Who did the things you assert were done? The portions in bold?

The conscience is clear.Terrorists are public enemies.Anyone who sympathizes with them is a terrorist as well.We should not try to protect them hiding behind freedom of expression.Arundhati Roy should be charged with sedition or killed in an encounter next time she goes to spend nights with the maoists.

The conscience is clear? Who's talking about conscience? We are discussing your ability to think straight. Unfortunately, from the evidence on display, your ability to think is not clear.

Next, are you really saying that Arundhati Roy is not free to sympathise with terrorists, and should be killed in an encounter because of what she says?

What does that say about your supporting terrorism and murder in your own turn? What is the difference between what you have suggested here, and what terrorists have done in J&K, or what Maoists do in Chhatisgarh?

Why should we not condemn you in the same terms as we have condemned, and will continue to condemn terrorists and Maoists?

There is an element of truth in what she says, but unfortunately there is no other alternative system that we know of, which can bring people out of poverty. Exploitation of poor and natural resources is almost a given at the phase of development we are in, but by raising the issue at least we will be mindful of it.

She's a two-legged ***, but even a two-legged *** has human rights. That is the point. Not the substance in her ramblings, or the lack of substance, but that she should be left alone to ramble.

The points you have raised about development are valid, but Roy is so self-contradictory that nothing she says makes sense any longer.

NO it is not , there is a fine line between calling someone corrupt adn inept and saying things like " He will cause a holocaust" which clearly has communal tones to it ...

Interesting, from a clinical perspective.

It is the Sangh Parivar and the majority of its flock that admires Hitler. Why are they so touchy about an allusion to Hitler?

OH plzz. not the same Hitler nonsense again ... I thought the Hitler nonsense got busted on May16nth :lol:

What are you blathering about? I was referring to Golwalkar's views, which are pretty much as canonical as things can be in the Parivar.

So where do they get their views from? Golwalkar is no longer in vogue?

o
So where do they get their views from? Golwalkar is no longer in vogue?

Comparing Golwalker to Hitler is downright stupid .. I don't know what sort of BS you believe in . I may not agree with all the views of Golwalker, but he is nowhere even close to Hitler . Stop with the politics of fear ...

parallels between BJP and NSDAP / Nazi Party
photo.jpg

triumph_des_willens_poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom