What's new

Now it’s India’s turn to flush out Bangladeshi militants: Hasina

Hindu (or Muslim for that matter) Bengalis in Bangladesh doing anything to hurt the country amounts to treason, which in my opinion is punishable by death. Let's hope it doesn't get to that. Why should Hindus in Bangladesh hurt their own motherland? Although we are a Muslim country, nevertheless, we pride in our secular constituency.
You misunderstood me. I have no interest in Bangladesh's internal matters. We have a way for religious refugees (persecuted Hindus and Buddhists) to come and settle in India if things come to a pass. That's the only concern we have vis-a-vis your Hindus and other minorities.

You are right madam, and we are doing our bit.

Ideally, a country shouldn't be formed or run on the basis of religion.
Ummmm.what are the first three sentences a person utters in india when he/she takes oath for the office of president or primeinister

Ummmm.what are the first three sentences a person utters in india when he/she takes oath for the office of president or primeinister

He/she takes a 'personal' oath to run the country as per "The Constitution of India" and abide by it.

Hindu (or Muslim for that matter) Bengalis in Bangladesh doing anything to hurt the country amounts to treason, which in my opinion is punishable by death. Let's hope it doesn't get to that. Why should Hindus in Bangladesh hurt their own motherland? Although we are a Muslim country, nevertheless, we pride in our secular constituency.

But whichever we look at it, we not going to allow India to control Bangladesh. And if there are any politicians who wish to cede control of any Bangladeshi land, property then they will be held accountable. They will have to pay, possibly even with their lives.

I don't know if u r feeling defensive but if u r are, my advice is- no need to be apologetic. Coming to terms with reality is very important here. Hindus r naturally loyal to India and it make sense for them to hurt BD. BD is not their motherland to begin with since for them Bharat was one country. What's the difference between them living in BD and those who migrated to India from BD? U would find very few hindus in BD that doesn't have fixed assets and very close relatives (brothers, sisters, aunts etc) in India. Its really foolish to expect loyalty from them and it would be unjust to expect that they not feel any loyalty to their spiritual motherland that is India.

I don't know if u r feeling defensive but if u r are, my advice is- no need to be apologetic. Coming to terms with reality is very important here. Hindus r naturally loyal to India and it make sense for them to hurt BD. BD is not their motherland to begin with since for them Bharat was one country. What's the difference between them living in BD and those who migrated to India from BD? U would find very few hindus in BD that doesn't have fixed assets and very close relatives (brothers, sisters, aunts etc) in India. Its really foolish to expect loyalty from them and it would be unjust to expect that they not feel any loyalty to their spiritual motherland that is India.
Yes, you are right. More and more of them are leaving Bangladesh for India. I expect Hindus will comprise under 5% of Bangladesh by 2050. It's entirely their decision they leave.

He/she takes a 'personal' oath to run the country as per "The Constitution of India" and abide by it.
Are you sure? Just watched the new PM s oath in YouTube. If I am not deaf .I think I heard the word BHAGBAAN KO SAKSHI MANKAAR... A oath to run a secular state:p::-)

Are you sure? Just watched the new PM s oath in YouTube. If I am not deaf .I think I heard the word BHAGBAAN KO SAKSHI MANKAAR... A oath to run a secular state:p::-)

Yeah, India is a secular state and not a communist state that bars one from following any religion, a PM, President, CM, or any other minister can have a religion also, and one generally take an oath in the name of the god/bhagwan/ishwar which are general terms and not religion specific, an atheist and non-believers or just anyone can also take an oath by saying "Solemnly affirm". Check the video again, the PM took an oath to abide by the CONSTITUTION OF INDIA, and nothing else. Try finishing this before posting any slily reply.

http://lawcommissionofindia.nic.in/1-50/report28.pdf

And this was the oath PM took:

“I, Narendra Damodardas Modi, do swear in the name of God that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India, that I will faithfully and conscientiously discharge my duties as Prime Minister for the Union and that I will do right to all manner of people in accordance with the Constitution and the law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.”

When it comes to secularism and respecting all religions, Bangladesh comes way behind India, in fact that country was originally formed on the basis of communalism and remained very communal till date. Bangladesh also has a state religion, Islam, right? India doesn't have a state religion even with 80%+ Hindu majority, that's secularism, something that you guys will never understand.

Yes, you are right. More and more of them are leaving Bangladesh for India. I expect Hindus will comprise under 5% of Bangladesh by 2050. It's entirely their decision they leave.

2050? Hindus will be extinct from Bangladesh by 2025, faster if BNP comes to power, they are already 7%-8% max.
A sharp drop from 30% at the time of partition.

Once you are done with rest of the Hindus, do come back to give us lecture about secularism. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, India is a secular state and not a communist state that bars one from following any religion, a PM, President, CM, or any other minister can have a religion also, and one generally take an oath in the name of the god/bhagwan/ishwar which are general terms and not religion specific, an atheist and non-believers or just anyone can also take an oath by saying "Solemnly affirm". Check the video again, the PM took an oath to abide by the CONSTITUTION OF INDIA, and nothing else. Now finish this before posting any slily reply.

http://lawcommissionofindia.nic.in/1-50/report28.pdf

And this was the oath PM took:

“I, Narendra Damodardas Modi, do swear in the name of God that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India, that I will faithfully and conscientiously discharge my duties as Prime Minister for the Union and that I will do right to all manner of people in accordance with the Constitution and the law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.”

When it comes to secularism and respecting all religions, Bangladesh comes way behind India, in fact that country was originally formed on the basis of communalism and remained very communal till date. Bangladesh also has a state religion, Islam, right? India doesn't have a state religion even with 80%+ Hindu majority, that's secularism, something that you guys will never understand.

2050? Hindus will be extinct from Bangladesh by 2025, faster if BNP comes to power, they are already 7%-8% max.

Once you are done with rest of the Hindus, do come back to give us lecture about secularism. :lol:
Something I personally hope to never understand.look ,your country your faith your life your choice. Who am I to say anything? As such I in return can ask for same respect from you or any other indian here? Think not....

Something I personally hope to never understand.look ,your country your faith your life your choice. Who am I to say anything? As such I in return can ask for same respect from you or any other indian here? Think not....

Stop finding fault with others in areas where you are far more weak, stop trying to ride any moral high horse when you don't have any, and your honesty will earn respect of all.

Not much to expect from a country that borders itself with two muslim countries. These areas should be heavily fenced, complete with land mines, snipers, and MG nests

I like to think I hold secular values, and to be to be fair to us Muslims in Bangladesh, Hindus are moving to India out of their own choice and not being forced out. Violence against non-Muslims is rare (save for the few stray cases) unlike what you see in Pakistan. However, I do think as a Muslim country you need to keep the non-Muslim population in check, say not allow it to go over 10-15% at most, or otherwise what you risk is a potential uprising. But I am secular as far as allowing Hindus to practice their faith freely, allowing temples to stand and not be destroyed, and have every right that a Muslim can expect.

Back
Top Bottom