What's new

Now Chinese say "India biggest threat to China"!!!

a war between India and China before 2015? that's impossible. don't you see how powerless the current Chinese government is? they dare not to declare wars with India.
and about the "india biggest threat to China" thing, i assure you, there's no such thing, and of course not such polls. China's strongest threats are Japan and USA. because USA had made a lot of cultural invasions to China( i myself a victim, i recite Shakespeare and Chaucer but i never read Laotze.) cultural invasions are far more severe than physical invasions. and Japan had controlled industrial fields of China. they built numerous factories in China and polluted the environment;also China had problems in land-ownership and oil fields with Japan.
so don't worry yourself with this gibberish, unless you bombed Beijing Tian'an men Square, you won't be a big threat to us.

Friends everything is fare in love and war. Chemical weapons or normal weapons the result is same and thats 'DEATH'. Anyway even america did used chemical weapons in afghanistan. As far as india having chemical weapon shouldn't shock anyone. If u say china dont have it than it might be a joke. My personal view is china should attack india right now because at the moment india alot weak due to our old weapons. If china waited too long than war wont happen ever. India including alot new weapons like jet fighters, long range missiles, nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers, destroyers, frigets, phalcons, P-8I, radars etc etc. U name it and india including it. Anyway recently top american said that china wont attack india and if china does try to attack india than america will think about it and take action according to it. War between india and china should be early rather than later because than china would pay heavely. China been making moves around india. Our focus should be on joining america and japan.

The News article, on threat perception by Chinese population, kicked off this rattling of war. Most of us forget that war is not an end in itself but a means to an end. Perceptions aside, the ground realities do not present any end, that India or China can gain through a war. If anything, irrespective of who wins or looses the war, both will loose heavily. India knows that and China also knows that. The (few) members of this forum, who are gleefully posting and anticipating (wishing) a war, are mostly Pakistani members. Why? I don't think there is need to elaborate.

If threat perceptions would have brought war, than lots of countries would be at war today, even as we discuss. Even in India, if you take a poll, majority with identify China as an economic threat. Militarily they have capabilities to severely harm India and would be considered a potential threat.

Would not similar reasoning go through a Chinese Citizen's mind, while identifying India as a threat?

Other than India, show me another country that has similar capabilities, in all spheres as China has and competes with China? So, it’s but natural, that both country would be cautious and have healthy respect for each other.

No point at this time, to count the numbers of military hardware each country has and the destruction cappabilities of their militaries. Both of these countries have a system that allows the most capable person to reach the highest levels of government. None of these countries are led by half baked fanatics, who would launch a war and throw away years and years of hard work, just because he woke up from the wrong side of the bed.

This war rattling is nothing more than intellectual masturbation.

Last edited:
a war between India and China before 2015? that's impossible. don't you see how powerless the current Chinese government is? they dare not to declare wars with India.
and about the "india biggest threat to China" thing, i assure you, there's no such thing, and of course not such polls. China's strongest threats are Japan and USA. because USA had made a lot of cultural invasions to China( i myself a victim, i recite Shakespeare and Chaucer but i never read Laotze.) cultural invasions are far more severe than physical invasions. and Japan had controlled industrial fields of China. they built numerous factories in China and polluted the environment;also China had problems in land-ownership and oil fields with Japan.
so don't worry yourself with this gibberish, unless you bombed Beijing Tian'an men Square, you won't be a big threat to us.

agree with you ,i think it's the best chance for india to do something,Chinese govt and PLA are very afraid of the rising india now, india will rise rapidly if they can hold the chance

Last edited:
agree with you ,i think it's the best chance for india to do something

But it is also the worst timing - a weak economy during a great depression.... this is the recipe for state collapse. Any war will only wreak havoc and chaos in ALL countries involved. With 'independence' and 'minority' movements in ALL countries, it's just suicidal. :agree:

China's Nuclear Exports and Assistance to Pakistan

Overview
Chinese nuclear exports and assistance to Pakistan were a major proliferation concern for many years. Recently these concerns have been sidelined somewhat, in light of the new strategic importance of Pakistan to the U.S. and progress in Chinese export controls. In general, most of China's nuclear exports and cooperative projects have been for non-weapons purposes (though concerns still exist, given Chinese refusal to accept full-scope safeguards and the dual-use nature of much nuclear technology). China allegedly provided direct assistance to Pakistan's nuclear weapons program in the past, including supplying Pakistan with warhead designs and enough HEU (highly enriched uranium) for at least two nuclear bombs. China also provided assistance and transferred dual-use materials that could be applied in the development of nuclear weapons. Beijing insisted that China's assistance involved the provisions of peaceful technical information rather than weapons-related technologies or materials. China publicly adopted responsible nuclear export policies after joining the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in 1984, and furthered its commitment by acceding to the Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1992. Beijing has formally enunciated three principles governing its nuclear exports: (1) acceptance of IAEA safeguards; (2) peaceful use only; and (3) no re-transfers to a third country without China's prior consent. In recent years, China has also promulgated domestic laws regulating nuclear and dual-use exports.

Sino-US controversy over Chinese nuclear trade and cooperation with Pakistan in the 1980s and 1990s stemmed from differences in Beijing and Washington's strategic, nonproliferation, and foreign policy considerations at the time. Prior to the test firing of a nuclear device in 1998, US policy was aimed at preventing Pakistan from achieving nuclear weapons capability. The US introduced specific legislation aimed at dissuading Pakistan from continuing its nuclear weapons programs by threatening to cut off economic and military aid and imposing sanctions. From China's perspective, Pakistan had long been a useful ally in its South Asia strategic calculations and Sino-Pak defense cooperation underlines this close relationship. The US had been concerned about the impact of South Asian nuclear weapons programs on the international nonproliferation regime; China, on the other hand, did not want to commit itself beyond its legal obligation to the NPT. At the same time, Beijing always insisted on the legitimate peaceful use of nuclear energy and opposed restrictions on nuclear transfers and assistance under the name of nonproliferation. While China made a formal pledge in May 1996 not to provide assistance to unsafeguarded nuclear facilities, the fact that China has not adopted IAEA full-scope safeguards contributed to US concerns about the potential of indirect Chinese transfers and assistance to Pakistan's nuclear weapons programs. Recent revelations in Libya seem to support this concern.

As China's participation in nonproliferation regimes increased, Beijing assistance to Pakistan appeared to decrease-- at least with regards to direct transfers, although dual-use items continued to be transferred. China's commitment to backing away from assisting Pakistan's program appeared to increase after the 1998 nuclear tests in South Asia, and improved export controls were released which coincided with Zangger Committee and Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) control lists and guidelines. In 2004 China reversed its position and applied to join the NSG, meaning that it would need to come in line with "full-scope safeguards," potentially barring Chinese companies from continuing to do business with Pakistan's civilian nuclear industry. However, Beijing may still insist that nuclear cooperation agreements, including those to build nuclear power plants in Pakistan, made prior to China's application to the NSG should continue to be honored.

China is more inclined to compete with US. Why is it taking an aggressive stance towards India. Alliance with India is more profitable for China to achive its ambitions right?

I understand that China is against the idea of another regional power emerging next to it but chineses are aiming to be a major player in world politics and there thinking is not confined to Asia. Why not patch up with India.

I dont think India will say no to such an offer, because they are more concerned about there image as peace loving nation(or an easy way to avoid taking stand).

it gettin quite interestin...
recently india has been quite agressive towards china. their officials have made quite unwanted statements. im not sure wat exactly is india upto

India has been given assurance by uncle sam, that's why india is so assertive. Many indians think that with the help of israel they can take on China.

India has been given assurance by uncle sam, that's why india is so assertive. Many indians think that with the help of israel they can take on China.

As much as you smirk while wet dreaming, India cannot afford a war right now. And as for "Uncle Sam" we all know who's slaving over whom ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom