What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

flt gulfam soomro who died on that plane crash on 13 march 2007 was a very close friend of mine. He was here in Lackland airforce base at texas USA, with me for some flying related courses. He was gem of a person, a man of character and words, so innocent, religious and very patriotic the cause of the crash was the broken or loosen canopy and his brother told me that he could've gotten out of that plane but he refused to and let his senior flt usman ejected cuz the crash could've done a lot of damage to the civilian residential area.

Saniya than you must have met my nephew Fl/lt Rahim he was with Soomro I am posting some photos which one is soomro.

f40e09fd2065364aefab89f80ed84497.jpg

f53e18c6b1d9c0751b7efc27a4120e95.jpg

sir murad....if you are talking about fl/tl rahim shahab then no i have not met him cuz 108gdp left before 112gdp came in and i wasnt at lackland that time. None of these pictures has gulfam in it, in first one i can only recognize fl/tl fahad(far left sitting), second one i dont know who is he, third one is fl/tl zeeshan and usman sohail, last one i cant see his face so i dont know if hez gulfam or not....but ill try to post some of his pictures here if only i could figured out how to.....:undecided: beside i m at work :partay:

may be I shoudnt say that but appearently for some weird reason we always lose the most quite person around and people who give speeches over there patrioitism, shahadat and how good they are or wutnot won't even get a scratch....i don't mean to give anybody resentful displeasure, Its just that he was the last person anybody or atleast me could even think of something happening to....:frown: i guess its fate, may Allah give him the hightest rank in jannah.....Ameen

flt gulfam soomro who died on that plane crash on 13 march 2007 was a very close friend of mine. He was here in Lackland airforce base at texas USA, with me for some flying related courses. He was gem of a person, a man of character and words, so innocent, religious and very patriotic the cause of the crash was the broken or loosen canopy and his brother told me that he could've gotten out of that plane but he refused to and let his senior flt usman ejected cuz the crash could've done a lot of damage to the civilian residential area.

If you saying this He will be a great man to save many life of the peoples ....

Allah un ki Maghfirat Farmaeay (Ameen)

PAF lost 11 aircraft to ‘bird strikes’ in 2006

Karachi

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF), in recent months, lost two fighter aircraft in the metropolis due to “bird strike”, causing great loss in terms of valuable national equipment. This was said by Air-Vice-Marshal, Rao Qamar Suleman, Air Officer Commanding, Southern Air Command on Wednesday during a briefing on “hazards associated with bird activities in the Karachi area”.

Air-Vice-Marshal Qamar also said that the pilots, luckily managed to divert the aircraft from the populated areas before ejecting safely and the main reason for these crashes was improper management of the waste disposal system in Karachi.

He stated that without the support and sincere efforts of the public, it would be very difficult to curb the bird menace and its associated hazards.

He also requested the public to stop throwing the waste indiscriminately and extend full support to PAF officials in fighting the menace of birds in the vicinity of the runways.

He informed the media that PAF lost 11 aircraft in 2006, a majority of which were Mirage fighter aircraft. He called on the City District Government Karachi to play its due role and the public to help and support the PAF by dumping garbage at the dumping centres, instead of dirtying airfirleds near the airports.

Furthermore, Qamar informed authorities about the dead bodies of animals that are found. The birds come to prey on these dead animals, he said. A documentary on “bird strike” was also shown to the media.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=55214

He also requested the public to stop throwing the waste indiscriminately and extend full support to PAF officials
This is inexcusable. I understand most of the accidents took place in Karachi.
I think PAF is equally guilty for being failure to teckle a problem existing from years.
Instead of requesting the people they should put signs, forbiding people to throw waste and get it declared illegal (due to the risk of epidemic spread, it should be illegal any way, to throw waste away from dedicated area). More over covered trash cans and dedicated trash bags should be sold or provided to residents and daily pick should be arranged, trash collecters can also be used to petrol the area.
As a permanent solution an new base should be built away from population and all plans must be followed agressively.
Again, this is a solution comming out of blunt common sense but why PAF and local city managment failed to stop and educate the area residents for throwing waste.
Some thing is wrong some where. :mod:

PAF jet crashes near Peshawar

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) FT-6 jet has been crashed near Peshawar on Friday, however both the pilots ejected safely.

PAF spokesman has confirmed the crash, which was happened seven kilometers away from Peshawar.

The crash was apparently happened due to technical fault. Both the pilots were managed to eject form the plane. The jet was on a routine training flight, he added.

Air Headquarters has ordered a detail enquiry of the incident.
http://www.geo.tv/geonews/details.asp?id=7249&param=1

Neo said:
PAF lost 11 aircraft to bird sktrikes in 2006

At many of the major UK airports they employ birds of prey such as falcons to "deal" with bird problems. could the PAF not employ similar tactics at its airfields. falconry is quite a big hobby in pakistan is it not?

This widely used method can only be applied near an airbase to protect jets during take off or final approach but at greater altitude and higher speed you're on your own.

Pakistan provides a migratory corridor for birds travelling from Siberia to Africa and Aurstralia and vice versa. A traversing colony exists of tens of thousands of birds!

This widely used method can only be applied near an airbase to protect jets during take off or final approach but at greater altitude and higher speed you're on your own.

Pakistan provides a migratory corridor for birds travelling from Siberia to Africa and Aurstralia and vice versa. A traversing colony exists of tens of thousands of birds!

We dont have problems at the base. Its out side the base. and yes Neo you are right in Dekha I have seen from my own eyes the radar screen turning bright because of Migrating Birds

Why dont they use high powered ultrasound modules to scare the birds to death, they wont ever come near the airbase. However, the problem is then the personell will eventually get def, as you cant hear the noise but its atmospheric nod is very powerful.

You'll be altering the nature and disturbing migration of birds which again is necessary for ecological balance. I'm sure WNF and Greenpeace will reject any such develoment in any country.

Again the phenomena is not concentrated near air bases but throughout the country.

You'll be altering the nature and disturbing migration of birds which again is necessary for ecological balance. I'm sure WNF and Greenpeace will reject any such develoment in any country.

Again the phenomena is not concentrated near air bases but throughout the country.

Neo the Ultrasound can travel well Kilometeres if necessary its just that its very dangerous if not used with caution. Then again birds will go crazy, its like if you use a ultrasound on cats I think the frequency is about 23 or 25Khz the cats will run out of the city or run several miles away.

Back
Top Bottom