here is a pic of the mirage

mirage.jpg

This seems to be from 2011 :undecided: Check here
PAF Mirage-V crashes near Uthal, Balochistan, pilot embraces Shahadat

Mirage Aircraft crashes near Mandi Bahauddin

16 January, 2014

phpThumb.php

File Photo

PAF spokesperson says pilot and co-pilot of the plane were martyred in the crash.

A Mirage aircraft of Pakistan Air Force crashed in Qadirabad area of Mandi Bahauddin District on Thursday.

A spokesperson of PAF told our correspondent that the pilot and co-pilot of the plane were martyred in the crash.

He said the aircraft was on the routine training mission.

Mirage Aircraft crashes near Mandi Bahauddin | Radio Pakistan

RIP....

16 January, 2014

phpThumb.php

File Photo

PAF spokesperson says pilot and co-pilot of the plane were martyred in the crash.

A Mirage aircraft of Pakistan Air Force crashed in Qadirabad area of Mandi Bahauddin District on Thursday.

A spokesperson of PAF told our correspondent that the pilot and co-pilot of the plane were martyred in the crash.

RIP....

A wing Commander and a Flying Officer were martyred

16 January, 2014

phpThumb.php

File Photo

RIP....

That's sad , RIP

Didn't they said Why crashed and why didn't they ejected ?

The crashed mirage pic is an old one. Seen it long time ago.

ejection seat????? are they not on these mushaks???? .... :undecided: ? and this i seriously bad... at least pilot should have been safe.

Innah Lillahi w Innah Elayhi Rajioon.

I'm deeply saddened by this news. Precious lives (assets) lost. Bless them who embraced Shahadat.

I'm annoyed that media says Mirage but some guys here saying Mushak. Some clarification would be nice so there's no confusion

if it is Mirage -- I think it really is time to retire them.

They've served PAF well but a lot of them are beyond their service life. Even the previous PAF AM implied this.

A rose and IFR upgraded Mirage. What more pathetic is the loss of such experienced aviators. We haven't settled down from 2011-12 crashes, where 10-11 Sq. Leaders were killed in air crashes
A wing commander means probably a sqn cdr, if it was a mirage.

@fox if it was a mushak then there must be something really wrong to have two pilots.

if it is Mirage -- I think it really is time to retire them.
Not until the GAP is bridged

ejection seat????? are they not on these mushaks
Those were never there and wont be there. If they install it Mushak will not take off.

Just received the notification on the thread on the latest PAF loss.

The Mirage photo being shown is in fact a Venezuelan Mirage 50EV - FAV 6732 belonging to 33 Sqn Grupo Aereo de Caza 11 - it was lost on 17th September 2004 - both crew ejected.

I don't have any confirmation yet of the aircraft type.

I need to review my web page on PAF losses Pakistan it has not been updated for almost a two years - it may help answer the number of losses to the PAF in recent years. I may in fact have recorded the PAF losses on the year pages and not yet cross referenced the pages to the PAF page.
If anyone has details from 2008 onwards of losses please contact me direct at mbenshar@aol.com

Hope this is of interest
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk,
www.ejection-history.org.uk

Post Script - Can I ask Sidewinder for permission to use a copy of his post of Wing Cdr Jamal (and can anyone give me his full name)

Last edited by a moderator:
they arent tins or flying coffins (like case of other air forces) but they certainly are batches that are old and simply not airworthy

we lost 2 pilots today b/c of this.....I hope production of JFTs will go into over-drive to fill the 'gap' here

if they wanted to they could be alive, but at the expense of precious life and property below...they did what they had to do.

bless the Martyrs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom