What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Well his career as a fighter pilot is over, if my uncle's story is to be trusted. My uncle, to be honest I don't remember his rank at the time, was flying around Karachi when the engine of his Mirage III caught fire. He was advised by the tower to eject, which he did. No fault of his own was ever ascertained but he was quietly removed from his squadron and given the option of joining the ground staff or the transport wing. Transport was the way he went, flew C-130s for a while, then flew Benazir and Nawaz around, then came back to his C-130s, then was something in the "Pakistan Squash something something", then retired as an Air Commodore and is now serving in Air Blue.

Don't know if his crash was the reason behind his move or that he just got scared.

It must be medical reasons. The G force on ejection invariably leave tell tale marks on the spine of a pilot. This causes concerns.

Such pilots are given options to fly transports or if medically permissible helicopters.

Air forces do not have the luxury to ease off a pilot after a crash - a great deal of time, money & energy is used to train a pilot.

Well his career as a fighter pilot is over, if my uncle's story is to be trusted. My uncle, to be honest I don't remember his rank at the time, was flying around Karachi when the engine of his Mirage III caught fire. He was advised by the tower to eject, which he did. No fault of his own was ever ascertained but he was quietly removed from his squadron and given the option of joining the ground staff or the transport wing. Transport was the way he went, flew C-130s for a while, then flew Benazir and Nawaz around, then came back to his C-130s, then was something in the "Pakistan Squash something something", then retired as an Air Commodore and is now serving in Air Blue.

Don't know if his crash was the actual reason behind his move or that he just got scared, but this is what he tells everyone.

regardless of what it is, I thank him for his service.

urgent need to replace mirages and f-7 with latest jf-17 thunders

Mirages -- yes, unfortunately. They've served us well and they are awesome aircrafts, especially the Rose-II/III mid-life updated variants. It'll be sad to see them go, but everything has a life.

not all the F-7P/PGs have outlived their service life. Some are a little over a decade old which isn't bad. Older ones should be phased out.

with the PAF modernization program on back-burner due to limited funds - it's hard to see what direction or action PAF will be taking. But whatever it is, they know what they're doing.

It must be medical reasons. The G force on ejection invariably leave tell tale marks on the spine of a pilot. This causes concerns.

Such pilots are given options to fly transports or if medically permissible helicopters.

Air forces do not have the luxury to ease off a pilot after a crash - a great deal of time, money & energy is used to train a pilot.

Never heard of him being physically hurt from the ordeal, from the years of retelling of this story. Also, the PAF is kinda infamous about being unforgiving, I wouldn't put this past them. Even though I'm pretty sure that he was not at fault. On top of that the PAF has a 4:1 pilot to aircraft ratio. But their's also a good chance that you might be right.

I think it was my uncle's decision (coerced by the airforce), because my friend's cousin, currently serving in the PAF, also told about an exact case. According to him, a crash, if not your fault, is an un-check on your record and means that you won't go far as a fighter pilot. Add this to the fact that it must have shook him a little and must have shook my aunt a little too much (You know, young family, little baby, who wouldn't be) and you get a better picture.

Pilot Ejects Safely Before Pakistan Air Force F-7P Crash

July 11th, 2013 A PAKISTAN Air Force Chengdu F-7P fighter crashed today during a routine operational training mission near the town of Esa [...]

what they meant was probably 'training sortie'

Things got funny, I switched on to dunya TV and they showed old footage of Pak Army Trainer Mushak.

@Donatello, These F-7Ps are between 22-24 Years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
f-7s have limted airframe i think at most 25 years
so replacement is urgent but it seems that it wouldnot be completed before 2018-20

PAF training aircraft crashes, pilot and co-pilot missing

SWABI: A training aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force crashed near Chota Lahore in Swabi and a search operation is underway for the two pilots, Express News reported on Wednesday.

DPO Swabi, Mian Saeed said “The training aircraft crash landed in to the River Indus and we have been able to recover the pieces of the tail-end of the aircraft.”

The cokpit is still in the water according to the official.

“The pilot and co-pilot both are missing and we have informed 1122,” Saeed added.

Eyewitnesses said the pilot tried to steer away from crashing on land, and could be seen going towards the water.

Rescue divers have been summoned to the site of the crash.

Details and names of the pilots are not known as of yet.

PAF training aircraft crashes, pilot and co-pilot missing – The Express Tribune

PAF spokesman has denied the news.

Chota Lahore is near the Peshawar-Isb motorway I think, I heard about that place while going on the motorway.

The training base near that area is of Risalpur (PAF Academy), operational base is Kamra.

they say the plane landed safely only the drop tanks have to dropped due to technical problem during flight.

Damn, so many conflicting reports coming out. !!

7-24-2013_3244_1.gif

SWABI: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has denied that a PAF training aircraft crashed into the Indus River and stated that there were no damages or losses, in a press release sent to The Express Tribune.
PAF spokesperson Tariq Mahmood clarified that “a fighter jet aircraft jettisoned its fuel drop tanks due to technical reasons over the river Indus, while on a training mission” in the press release.
Earlier, media reports alleged that a training aircraft of the PAF crashed near Chota Lahore in Swabi and a search operation was underway for two missing pilots.
DPO Swabi, Mian Saeed while speaking to Express News said “The training aircraft crash landed in to the River Indus and we have been able to recover the pieces of the tail-end of the aircraft.”
The c0ck-pit was still in the water according to the official.
No training aircraft crashed: PAF – The Express Tribune

Fuel tanks jettisoned by PAF jet triggers reports of crash

July 24, 2013

Peshawar: Fuel tanks jettisoned by a Pakistan Air Force jet fell into the Indus river in the country's northwest on Wednesday, triggering reports that a trainer aircraft had crashed.

PAF spokesman Tariq Mahmood clarified that a fighter jet "jettisoned its fuel drop tanks due to technical reasons over the river Indus while on a training mission. He denied reports that a trainer aircraft had crashed into the river.

There was no loss or damage on the ground due to the jettisoning of fuel tanks by the jet, Mahmood said in a statement.

Earlier, police officials had told the media that a Mushak trainer aircraft crashed into the river near Chota Lahore in Swabi district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.

Swabi district police chief Mian Saeed had erroneously claimed that pieces of an aircraft had been recovered and that its pilot and co-pilot were missing.

Fuel tanks jettisoned by PAF jet triggers reports of crash

Mysterious air crash near Nowshera

PESHAWAR: A mysterious air crash occured in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Nowshera area on Wednesday.

DPO Nowshera was earlier reported as saying that a Mushak trainer jet, which was on a routine training mission, had crashed and half of the planes fuselage was recovered from the River Indus.

He had further said that a search for the pilot and co-pilot was underway.

However, Waseem Khan, the Assistant Director Media of the Pakistan Air Force denied that any PAF aircraft had crashed and that the fleet strength of the PAF was complete.

He further said that the reports could pertain to the dumping of a used fuel tank and that investigations into the incident were underway.
Mysterious air crash near Nowshera - DAWN.COM

Back
Top Bottom