What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

@mike bennett,
There is no way he or any other person can get account of such incident from people on Internet. He should contact Dte of Media Affairs, PAF via telephone (not email); the numbers are available on contact us section of PAF's website.

Last edited by a moderator:
@mike bennett,
There is no way he or any other person can get account of such incident from people on Internet. He should contact Dte of Media Affairs, PAF via telephone (not email); the numbers are available on contact us section of PAF's website.

Thank you for the correct protocol in these matters. I will advise Najam.
With respect
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to nuclearpak and fatman17,

I now know that the PAF did not have either of the two TF-86s and that the T-33 was the OCU trainer in this period.
Its important to be able to eliminate certain lines of research.

Most Forum Members will know that the majority of my web site details are from Public Domain and information sent me from actual pilots and their families.
Rarely a week goes by without someone requesting help to find out what happened to a family member or friend.
I explain I do not represent any official organisation, the web site is a personal endeavour to preserve and record history as accurately as possible.
Where I am able I will ask people who may know the best course of action to obtain helpful information. I put this particular request to the Forum and I am pleased to say that the members have (again) responded in a very positive manner.
I am certain that if Najam obtains details of his great uncle's loss he will allow me to share it with the Forum.

Every request I receive is slightly different.

The internet is a great place to share research and further our knowledge and correspond with "those who were there."
Its a lot quicker than when I used to rely on snail mail (that seems so long ago now)
One thing I have learnt, "truth" really is stranger than fiction.
Where I have made an error (typo etc) on my web site or misinterpreted the available information I am always pleased to receive constructive comments and amend the mistakes. When data conflicts I will point this out.

With "Data Protection Laws" and "Customer in Confidence" being applied in many cases where it was never intended, companies that many years ago (pre internet - remember those days:unsure:) were proud to let the world know about lives saved by their parachute or ejection seats can no longer provide such data and sadly their archives remain closed to researchers.

I am always happy to receive requests and help where I can but in the end it is up to the family to make the decision to persue their searches. Sadly many of the requests I get are for pilots and crews who have died.

In the early days of the project I was uneasy at including details of those who died so I omitted them in case I caused offence or distress to the surviving family members. It was the request and comments by the widow of one pilot, (his F-106 crashed and his "new design" ejection seat failed) , who asked if I would include her husband,s details. She told me she would be pleased to see that her husband was remembered.
Many families have sent me photos and details of their loved ones who paid the ultimate price to add them to the web site. Many of the biography pages have been compiled with the help and input of the family.

My final two requests (for the forseeable future), please can you mention the project to anyone who you think may be able to add information on losses, bailouts and ejections, and secondly, if you do spot a mistake on the web site to let me know?

Thank you.
With respect
Mike

Dear Forum members,
Quick heads up on another ejection

Tuesday 12th February 2013
15:67 local

IAF
MiG-27

Uttarlai Air Base
Routine training flight. Crashed three miles from air base two minutes after take off near a hamlet, Allawani- Ki- Dhani, 30 km from Barmer, Rajasthan.
Wing Commander Nishikant Singh
ejected
taken to Jodhpur's Military Hospital

KM-1

with respect
Mike Bennett
www.ejection-history.org.uk

MIANWALI: A training aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force crashed on the outskirts of Mianwali town of Punjab, with the pilot ejecting safely, SAMAA reports Thursday.

Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said a F7 plane was on routine training sortie when crashed in a village near Isakhel town of Mianwali district in north-west of Punjab this morning.

The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Taha, ejected safely and was slightly injured. Security forces arrived at the site and cordoned off the area.

ISPR cited ‘technical reason’ behind the plane crash. -- SAMAA

PAF plane crashes near Mianwali; pilot safe | SAMAA TV

One thing here doesn't fit in, if it was a training aircraft, shouldn't it have been a K-8 or a T-37 or something like that, and with 2 pilots?

The article mentions a one seater F-7...how's that a training aircraft?

typically FT-7Ps are used for trainer role however it makes mention of only 1 pilot who, Alhamdulillah, is safe and sound.

otherwise what it could mean is he was just on a routine sortie --not necessarily a "pilot in training"

i'd wait for further info to be released, preferably from ISPR; Pakistani media's stupidity and ignorance on such affairs knows no bounds.

a lot of the F-7s (not all, but many) are workhorses that have already served their service lives and now ought to be retired....safety of pilot comes first before anything else (except safety of homeland)

our media does not know any thing about military. To them everything is "Jadeed Tareen".
It was probably a training sortie, if it was an F-7 infact.

Good to know the pilot is okay. If it was F-7P, it should be a relatively newer airframe....no?

A fighter jet of Pakistan Air Force crashed in eastern parts of the country on Thursday, officials said.

The pilot ejected safely and there was no loss on the ground, a PAF spokesman said. "Pakistan Air Force informs that an F-7P Fighter Aircraft, while on a routine operational training mission, crashed near Esa Khel town," the spokesman said in a statement."The Pilot of the aircraft ejected safely, no loss of civilian life or property has been reported on ground."

The PAF has ordered an inquiry into the crash.No reason has been cited for the crash in the PAF statement.

Pakistan fighter aircraft crashes, pilot ejected safe | NewsPakistan.PK

Back
Top Bottom