What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

I hope that JF-17 Block-IIs and their assembly will make a big difference by introducting about 25 each year and continue till 100 of such will be available along with their dual seats and some 50+ dual seat for AJTs as well.

Dear Forum Members,

Firstly a very belated Happy New Year and apologies for my slowness in writing to Forum Members. I do not know where time goes to. I do know that life seems to get busier.

I'll get straight to the point.
I have been contacted by the relative of 'Flight Lieutenant Saadat Mohammad Akhtar Khan' who was killed in a Pakistan Air Force aviation accident around April 1969.

The only loss for that period that I have is the F-86 Sabre flown by Sqn Ldr M A Chaudhury. 23rd April 1969 ejected - recorded in Martin Baker List

It may well be that the aircraft was training aircraft - his relative thinks that the pilot of the aircraft ejected.

'Flight Lieutenant Saadat Mohammad Akhtar Khan' was was awarded the Sitara-i-Juraat for his service in the 1965 Indo-Pak War, as seen on the following link: | Pakistan Air Force Museum | Heroes | 1965 Gallantry Awards | Flight Lieutenant

Any further help with this will be greatly appreciated - possibly the full name of the successful ejectee, details of the loss, the aircraft type

Best regards
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

If this is a genuine case for the family of the lost pilot, they can try contacting PAF itself. If that's not possible, then maybe someone from the think tank members can contact PAF or write a letter to PAF seeking information.

Dear Forum Members,

Firstly a very belated Happy New Year and apologies for my slowness in writing to Forum Members. I do not know where time goes to. I do know that life seems to get busier.

I'll get straight to the point.
I have been contacted by the relative of 'Flight Lieutenant Saadat Mohammad Akhtar Khan' who was killed in a Pakistan Air Force aviation accident around April 1969.

The only loss for that period that I have is the F-86 Sabre flown by Sqn Ldr M A Chaudhury. 23rd April 1969 ejected - recorded in Martin Baker List

It may well be that the aircraft was training aircraft - his relative thinks that the pilot of the aircraft ejected.

'Flight Lieutenant Saadat Mohammad Akhtar Khan' was was awarded the Sitara-i-Juraat for his service in the 1965 Indo-Pak War, as seen on the following link: | Pakistan Air Force Museum | Heroes | 1965 Gallantry Awards | Flight Lieutenant

Any further help with this will be greatly appreciated - possibly the full name of the successful ejectee, details of the loss, the aircraft type

Best regards
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

unfortunately access to offical PAF documents can only be allowed by the CAS. the family should write to the CAS - ACM Tahir Butt at AHQ - Islamabad.

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies.
With Najam's permission here is his original letter and email address
To Whom it May Concern,

I was recently researching my family history when i uncovered that my maternal great-uncle lost his life during an air accident, while on active duty in the Pakistani Air Force over Karachi in Pakistan in 1969.

I attempted to further research this tragic incident but I have failed to find anything of substance. I noticed on your website you have a Chronological Listing of Pakistani Ejections and Losses, I also noticed that you have a listing for April 23rd 1969, of which there are no further details. It was around this very time that the previously mentioned incident took place.

If you could provide any additional information regarding the details of the incident, or as to where you acquired the date then I would be very grateful indeed. In return I would willing to provide crew details and corresponding photographs.

email

sonnyjim.najam@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any further deatils of Sqn Ldr M A Chaudhury.
Did the PAF have any two seat F-86s [TF-86F] - that may be an explanation of the 23rd April 1969

Best regards
Mike Bennett

Did the PAF have any two seat F-86s [TF-86F] - that may be an explanation of the 23rd April 1969

Best regards
Mike Bennett

Weren't there only two TF-86's ever made? FU-228 is the serial number of one and FU-016 being the other?

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies.
With Najam's permission here is his original letter and email address
To Whom it May Concern,

I was recently researching my family history when i uncovered that my maternal great-uncle lost his life during an air accident, while on active duty in the Pakistani Air Force over Karachi in Pakistan in 1969.

I attempted to further research this tragic incident but I have failed to find anything of substance. I noticed on your website you have a Chronological Listing of Pakistani Ejections and Losses, I also noticed that you have a listing for April 23rd 1969, of which there are no further details. It was around this very time that the previously mentioned incident took place.

If you could provide any additional information regarding the details of the incident, or as to where you acquired the date then I would be very grateful indeed. In return I would willing to provide crew details and corresponding photographs.

email

sonnyjim.najam@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any further deatils of Sqn Ldr M A Chaudhury.

Best regards
Mike Bennett

never the T-33 was used as the OCU

Back
Top Bottom