What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

hell we could be flying spitfires now they are as prone to crashes as these obselete mirages!!!! 40 year old airframes still pulling Gs is insane! they have truly become the flying coffin of our airforce!

Although My and everyone else wish was that PAC would have look more towards JF-17 by making it more capable with CAC with composites, Retractable In-Flight refueling Probe(that can be developed by our own engineers if we tried it), RD-93Bs, FLIR and IRST(which is present) along with a dual seater for the JF-17 Block-Is(on PT-06). Then producing the JF-17 Block-Is in 110 and about 50-70 Dual seat for CCS as AJTs.

This will going to replace the Mirages and then A-5Cs could be replaced at a later date.

Was it on an exercise? Considering it was at Somniani.

hell we could be flying spitfires now they are as prone to crashes as these obselete mirages!!!! 40 year old airframes still pulling Gs is insane! they have truly become the flying coffin of our airforce!
Sir may be i am wrong but i have read somewhere that the Mirages acquired by PAF in late 60s and 70s are are gradually phased out and air frame from 80s are still in service. Can anybody confirm that?

Dear Forum Members,
I've updated the PAF Mirage losses at

Chronological Listing of Pakista

The list still needs lots of information to make it complete. Any help really appreciated, especially pilot names and photos, Squadron Badges (hi-res scans), aircraft info - etc.
Are any of the Forum Members former, current Mirage pilots, did any eject?

With respect
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

I'll come back on that but an Indian source claims that PAF has lost around 60 Mirages in it's service history. :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually this number is correct.
PAF has lost over 60 Mirages since its introduction, but this also includes wartime losses.

Dear Forum Members,

The list still needs lots of information to make it complete. Any help really appreciated, especially pilot names and photos, Squadron Badges (hi-res scans), aircraft info - etc.

With respect
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk

Hey Mike. Long time. I can provide you with some of the things. Got the squadron batches, inbox me on my personal email and we will discuss in detail.

Hi,
Thanks for the offer of help. The project continues slowly. Never enough hours in he day..

We can correspond via my email at mbenshar@aol.com
Best regards
Mike

actually this number is correct.
PAF has lost over 60 Mirages since its introduction, but this also includes wartime losses.

how. pl explain your theory year-wise. there were no losses of mirages in the 71 conflict. read kaiser tufails analysis on this subject.

Dear Forum Members,

With respect
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk

it was a mirage 5 EF not a MPA. so it does not belong to the maritime strike squadron.

Two PAF jets collide mid-air; pilots dead | DAWN.COM

NOWSHERA, May 17: Two aircraft of Pakistan Air Force collided mid-air on Thursday killing the four pilots, officials said.

Eight civilians were injured when the wreckage of planes fell on houses in Rashakai area of Nowshera district.

Sources said that two Mushshak planes were on routine training mission when they collided shortly after 10am and crashed into two houses near the PAF Academy Risalpur. Squadron Leaders Masood, Zegham Ali, Muazzam and Flight Lieutenant Mustafa Muazzam were killed.

The wreckage of one aircraft fell on the house of Niaz Muhammad, injuring four people. They were taken to Abdul Wali Khan Medical Complex, Mardan in serious condition.

The walls and roofs of the houses were damaged and wreckage of the aircraft lay strewn over a large area.

Debris of the other plane fell on the house of one Afsar Ali, injuring a woman and three children. They were shifted to DHQ Hospital Nowshera. The boundary wall and a room of the house were damaged.

Namaz-i-Janaza of the pilots was offered at the PAF Academy.

Confirming the incident, a PAF spokesman said a board of inquiry had been ordered by the air headquarters to ascertain the cause of the accident.

The PAF Academy Risalpur suspended training flights for 24 hours in honour of the pilots.

AFP adds: It was the sixth PAF plane crash in the past seven months and the second in a week, raising concern over the safety of its largely Chinese and locally-made fleet.

“Two Pakistan Air Force trainer aircraft collided mid-air. Four pilots were killed, two were trainee pilots and two were instructors,” district police officer Mohammad Hussain said.

What was the main reason of this crash... any authentic report :mod:

I think you can un-bold the bolded part. Because there was no safety issue with the plane.

A close formation maneuver went wrong, for XYZ reasons. Not the plane.

And the Mirage crashed before this, Not a Chinese aircraft, so I would say kind of poor journalism.

RIP to the pilots. THere was a young guy as well, prayers for the shuhadas.

I think you can un-bold the bolded part. Because there was no safety issue with the plane.

A close formation maneuver went wrong, for XYZ reasons. Not the plane.

And the Mirage crashed before this, Not a Chinese aircraft, so I would say kind of poor journalism.

RIP to the pilots. THere was a young guy as well, prayers for the shuhadas.

Why they collided each other?? Were they shaking hands in a parrallel a plane?? Can't they even see the parallel plane or in front of them ?? Looks like this incident was avoidable..
RIP to the dead

idiotic not poor journalism! complete lack of any knowledge regarding defence issues i wounder how can they call them selves even journalist..

Back
Top Bottom